Cheap DVD Recorder

Does anybody know a DVD recorder on a cheap for a modest budget? I already have a DVD Player which I am very happy with, so the recorder only has to be good at recording I do not need any fancy playing or such.

Comments

• David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are loads of entry level dvd recorders about. Argo's, Currys, Dixons. Most people when they get a DVD recorder, use it also as a dvd player - so not to have 2 bits of equipment hooked up. Although, keeping the old dvd player hooked up (if you have enough connections) lets you play a film while the dvd recorder records from a tv channel.

Don't forget, you get dvd recorders which have freeview built in as well. These allow direct recording of freeview onto blank discs.

Dave
  • volvofanvolvofan Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Hi,I would advise against cheap recorders and buy one of last seasons recorders instead.Panasonics DMR-ES10 or ES20D can be had from around £100 to £150-160 region 2 or multiregion. :cool: .Picture quality and longevity have always been a hallmark of Panasonic recorders,having a heavily used DMR-E50 for 3.5 years I feel I can attest to this with confidence.I also have a DMR-ES10 which is a bargin at current prices but getting harder to find.Avoid DMR-ES15 as it has no RGB scart input which is vital to maintain best quality.This may be more than you wanted to spend but you get what you pay for and if you spend less may well come to regret it. :).