Options

I've lost my PAYG Orange mobile, quick question!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 859
Forum Member
✭✭
Is there anyway at all i can still keep the same mobile number either with Orange or elsewhere, after i buy a replacement pay as you go phone? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phone them up with your account information and tell them you've lost your sim and ask them if they will be able to put your existing number on your new sim card that comes with the phone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phone them up with your account information and tell them you've lost your sim and ask them if they will be able to put your existing number on your new sim card that comes with the phone

I will do just that, thanks mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem they should be able to do it anyway as long as you have your account password etc.
  • Options
    on the airon the air Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its fate. Take it as an opportunity to leave the dreadful Orange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    on the air wrote:
    Its fate. Take it as an opportunity to leave the dreadful Orange.

Ignore him, the future's bright, the future's Orange :D

When my brother lost his, he rang them on 07973 100 450 and pressed the option for Lost/Stolen phone and the lady he spoke to sent him out a new SIM free of charge with his details already encoded onto it. It arrived the very next day, that is service for you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is the future Bright with Orange exactly?. Increased Tarriff costs, inflicting changes of terms and conditions onto existing customers. Compare tarriffs with other network providers and orange nearly always come worse off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They wouldn't give me a replacement SIM a few weeks back when I asked for one for my sister after she lost hers while abroad. (the account is in my name).

They claimed I'd already recieved a replacement SIM when I lost one before & that they only supply a SIM card once, the only way I'd be able to keep my number was to buy a new phone, thing is the PAYG account is only 6 months old & I've never requested a replacement SIM card for it.

Thought it was just the first Orange muppet that answered the phone that had missed typed something, or couldn't read or understand English, so I phoned back.

Turns out the first Orange muppet had placed a record on the account after my call saying that he'd denyed sending me a SIM as I already had a replacement one. The Second Orange fraggle wouldn't have any of it when I told her it was wrong, so I just asked for my PAC code and ported my sisters number to O2, who she is happy with 'cos she gets free calls and texts home while she is away.

She was going to move from Orange anyway because of they have become quite expensive compared to the others and there are no services to differentiate them from the others either any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here Here. Orange really need to buck up their ideas or may they long rest in peace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i mean already T-Mobile have taken the better place of them with 12p/min cross net calls and 3p cross net texts.

I remember years ago i used to look at the PAYG networks like this:

O2 cheapest
    Virgin a bit dearer
    T-Mobile expensive
    Orange expensive
    Vodafone ultra expensive