The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 32)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GET EVERYONE ON FOUR FACEBOOKS AND TWITTER TO TWEET ASWELL !!!! :) I might stay in tonight just to check if it trends lol
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elton's party is tonight before Oscars?:)
  • Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think Leona looks like Kim kardashian here?
    http://www.leonalewismusic.com/gb/gallery/image/14/

you can defo tell she has had her nose done.. when she had her hair like that few months back her nose is WAY different :D:p
  • Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CROATIA wrote: »
    Elton's party is tonight before Oscars?:)

how do we know Leona is going again?
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eliott1301 wrote: »
    how do we know Leona is going again?

Someone posted link where they said she's performing
  • Gobstopper13Gobstopper13 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Leona and Lea Michele are following each other on Instagram. How amazing would it be to see Leona or one of her songs on Glee. Now if only she had competent management/agent who was capable of setting something like that up.

On another note, I'm not really that excited about the Calvin Harris track. I thought I would be but I'm starting to think Leona's dive into dance is over and done with and she should be concentrating on creating a more Emile sande style album-cool, powerful, pop-mostly mid-tempos and balads.

And on a third note, Adele's voice was definatley a little off at the Brits. She was quite a bit higher than the recorded version which will either be down to simply singing in the wrong key on the night, an after effect from her surgery or an effect of giving up smoking. More worrying is that she's lost (whether it be temporary or permanent) the unique twang to her voice. I found her voice to be a little boring/indistinctive. And seriously, how the hell is she still shifting so many albums. Does everyone in the world now own a copy of 21!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    I simply think Leona needs a generic hit song for her next single, something to get her back into the public eye and on radio. I would like something a bit more meaningful, but given the circumstances she just needs a radio hit.
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Oh come on guys...We should stop with "She should make songs like Emeli..." :rolleyes:
    I would be so disappointed if GH would be like Emeli's album.
    Forum Member
    Oh come on guys...We should stop with "She should make songs like Emeli..." :rolleyes:

There are a few songs from Emeli's album which would be perfect for Leona I think:

Mountains (obviously)
    My Kind of Love
    Breaking the Law
    Read All About It

The album just needs to have a great mix to please everyone:

Four ballads - Blank Page etc
    Four midtempos - Fireflies? etc
    Four uptempos - Glassheart, Trouble, Collide, You've Messed Up (?)
  • mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh shutup!

Putting Adele down to make yourselves feel better. I'm all for honesty, but I never heard ONE bad review for her Grammy performance!

I swear, I'm the only sane Leona fan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, I take that back!

But some people really do annoy me on here when they put an artist down to make theirs look better!

Its coming across like I'm an hater of Leona, which I certainly am not!

I just watched The Brits performance, and yes it wasn't her best but it was still world class by any standards of the imagination! You can't take away the fact that Adele has the 8th best selling album in UK history, and has sold more albums than any other artist in a calender year than any other act in UK history.

Also, in the past I would have said Leona's voice was up there with Adele's, but there is no denying that Leona's voice has sounded fatigued lately! But I do still love her voice and will always support her!

Also, Adele's voice is sounding better than ever! Watch her acoustic version of rolling in the deep and someone like you on her 60 minute interview on youtube, you will see what I mean.

That's the last thing I will say on the matter!

Back to the greatness of Leona :)
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    There are a few songs from Emeli's album which would be perfect for Leona I think:

Mountains (obviously)
    My Kind of Love
    Breaking the Law
    Read All About It

The album just needs to have a great mix to please everyone:

Four ballads - Blank Page etc
    Four midtempos - Fireflies? etc
    Four uptempos - Glassheart, Trouble, Collide, You've Messed Up (?)

I don't think trouble will be an uptempo song :P or Im a wrong?
    Oh shutup!

Putting Adele down to make yourselves feel better. I'm all for honesty, but I never heard ONE bad review for her Grammy performance!

Oh come on.. are you serious?!!!! we didn't put Adele down! We all love her, we just say her performance didn't do well and all newspapers said the same! Just you, the one who loves Adele more than Leona (which I don't mind , your opinion) says she didn't make a mistake.......
    I do understand you, if someone put Leona down I would have reacted the same, but we didn't do that with Adele. She's amazing, but no one said she's the next Whitney Houston / Mariah Carey like they said to Leona. !
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but Leona is technically the better singer!
    I love Adele and she is amazing and all that but I think you're confusing who the better singer is with who's the better success at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Adele and she is amazing and all that but I think you're confusing who the better singer is with who's the better success at the moment.

+ 1 ! I agree
    Forum Member
    mememee wrote: »
    Oh shutup!

Few comments from her Brits performance of RIAD.
    Source: Youtube
    I love Adele and i am a big fan, but her voice just isn't the same since the surgery & i genuinely gutted as i wanted to hear her sing like i know she can. Her two recent performances at the Grammys & the Brits have been nowhere near as good as she has been before the surgery & they have sounded almost average which for Adele is saying something. I can't quite put my finger on what it is that is different about her voice, but something has changed and its just not as good.
    i'm glad i'm not the only one, her voice has definitely changed for the worse.
    her voice isn't as good anymore
    hm. her vocals gone bit worse. but love it anyways
    Her voice has changed..weird.Why is she singing "Rolling in the deep" everywhere? She has had two new singles since the first song.
    What's with her voice ?

So if you have nothing to say about Leona please leave this thread. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do hope Leona goes back to basics with this album, and doesn't try to be edgy. Just do what Leona does best, which is what she did in her Spirit era!

Wish her management would sort their selves out and hurry up with this album!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like how the person above ignored the other 10,000 positive comments on youtube lmaoo!

Oh dear! Anyway, can we stop this now?
  • Gobstopper13Gobstopper13 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree!

Leona is technically amazing and the only issues we've talked about on here are a slight change in the pitch of her voice, nothing to do with being fatigued. If anything, the changes to Leona's voice have happended through Leona training and looking after her voice. Her breathing has improved massively.

Adele is a great singer but not because she is technically excellent. Adele has a great tone to her voice which is unique. She coveys a lot of emotion through her voice which is the appeal for a lot of people. However, her voice is not technically great.

If we're talking about who has technically the best voice, it is possible to determine that as fact rather than opinion simply by looking at the way an artist uses and controls their voice and their technique. If we're talking about who we think has the nicest voice or is the best artist, has the most powerful voice, then we are using opinion rather than a study of their technique. The best example of this is Elton John and his piano playing. He is far from a technically great pianist but that doesn't mean people don't regard him as a good pianist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like how the person above ignored the other 10,000 positive comments on youtube lmaoo!

Ofcourse there are positive comments.. You just don't get we didn't put Adele down! And you're blind to see that her voice changed and her ONE performance wasn't good.

Yes. Adele sold more albums, but Leona's range is bigger.
    Forum Member

Oh dear! I was replying to your comment:
    I'm all for honesty, but I never heard ONE bad review
    BTW when Leona's fans are so evil to you (You wrote it in ABTH )why are you still here? #justsaying ;)
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I don't think trouble will be an uptempo song :P or Im a wrong?

Oh come on.. are you serious?!!!! we didn't put Adele down! We all love her, we just say her performance didn't do well and all newspapers said the same! Just you, the one who loves Adele more than Leona (which I don't mind , your opinion) says she didn't make a mistake.......
    I do understand you, if someone put Leona down I would have reacted the same, but we didn't do that with Adele. She's amazing, but no one said she's the next Whitney Houston / Mariah Carey like they said to Leona. !

A few weeks ago Dean Piper said it's uptempo. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sazaleeno wrote: »
    A few weeks ago Dean Piper said it's uptempo. :)

oooooh :D I thought it was a ballad .. :p Well, still excited! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said, you are obviously putting Adele down just to make Leona look better!

I'd rather not stoop that low.

Btw, I was referring to critical reviews. Not some haters of Adele sitting behind a computer screen.

There is a reason Adele got a 2 minute standing ovation after her Grammy performance!

Anyway, can we please stop this now? Ok thanks!
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would as well, I love about 5 tracks on Emeli album, but not too keen on the rest. I really find Emeli & Leona nothing alike vocally, and I would prefer Leona to put her own style on things.
    Lol, I know, it must be difficult to please us all, as long as there is a couple of ballads on there I shall be happy.
    Forum Member
    Like I said, you are obviously putting Adele down just to make Leona look better!

I'd rather not stoop that low.

Btw, I was referring to critical reviews. Not some haters of Adele sitting behind a computer screen.

There is a reason Adele got a 2 minute standing ovation after her Grammy performance!

Anyway, can we please stop this now? Ok thanks!

ROFL how can you be SO blind?
This discussion has been closed.