Options

Why do you women do this?

Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
Forum Member
✭✭
This is just out of curiosity, but when I'm on the way to work on the bus, I very often see the same girls and women applying their make up on the bus, I don't mean just a bit of lippy, but what looks like the whole sherbang. If a man started shaving on the bus then I'm sure there would be uproar about it, don't you women allow time at home to get yourselves ready.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is just out of curiosity, but when I'm on the way to work on the bus, I very often see the same girls and women applying their make up on the bus, I don't mean just a bit of lippy, but what looks like the whole sherbang. If a man started shaving on the bus then I'm sure there would be uproar about it, don't you women allow time at home to get yourselves ready.:confused:

There would probably be 'uproar' because shaving is messy. Applying make up isn't. There's quite a difference :confused:
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    There would probably be 'uproar' because shaving is messy. Applying make up isn't. There's quite a difference :confused:

As Bex.

No big deal.

It's nice that most women like to take care of their appearance and look nice. I guess it saves a bit of time during the boring commute to work.

Let's face it. Blokes don't in general win in the upkeep smelling good stakes on average.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not something I'd ever do. I'd hate the thought of everyone witnessing the transformation! :o
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    don't you women allow time at home to get yourselves ready

:o Bye OP, nice knowing you.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You women"?

Fail.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People travel on buses ?
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how 'us women' do it on buses. All that movement and stopping abruptly. Not good when applying mascara.

I have seen a lot of people driving whilst applying makeup. Not THAT is multi tasking !!!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, I've seen some men shaving with a battery-charged electric shaver or tidying up their beards with a comb or scissors in the tube. :D Of course, some men tidied their hair with a comb and occasionally hair gel whilst looking at a window reflection.

But yes, it's mostly to save time. Some do it to take the edge off boredom or avoid social interaction.

I never bothered, though. I prefer to read a book or watch a film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    :o Bye OP, nice knowing you.

@ OP

Blokes should not get involved in lady things like makeup, women's hair styles etc., i.e. don't meddle in what you know nothing about.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I don't know how 'us women' do it on buses. All that movement and stopping abruptly. Not good when applying mascara.
    I have seen a lot of people driving whilst applying makeup. Not THAT is multi tasking !!!

Yeah. I'm quite squeamish and I hate thinking that an eye pencil might go into an eyeball if the train or bus jolts suddenly. I can't even type a text properly on the bus.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ... you women !! .. *shakes fist* :)
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I don't do it myself personally, It's quite difficult to put make-up on whilst driving at 70mph down a motorway. I have managed to get my weekday work make-up down to 5 minutes though(foundation, eye-shadow, mascara, bronzer) I leave the fancy eye make-up to days off when I have more time to mess about with eye-liner and more than one colour of eye-shadow.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen this quite a few times and am always impressed with how they manage to do it while bouncing around on a bus
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never share transport with The Great Unwashed, so I have no experience of this sort of thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry ladies, please accept my apologises, I should have worded that properly calling "you women", I am not a chauvinistic misogynist, I will try not to do it again.:(
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    @ OP

Blokes should not get involved in lady things like makeup, women's hair styles etc., i.e. don't meddle in what you know nothing about.

Exactly. Even if i agreed with the OP i soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wouldn't of said the section i quoted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    I don't do it myself personally, It's quite difficult to put make-up on whilst driving at 70mph down a motorway.

You have to put down the mobile phone first.

:p
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry ladies, please accept my apologises, I should have worded that properly calling "you women", I am not a chauvinistic misogynist, I will try not to do it again.:(

Thank you. And please note that some women are too beautiful to need make up, while others, like me, are simply beyond all help.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer simpson was clearly on to something when he invented his makeup gun :)

http://oi62.tinypic.com/dww5rp.jpg
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see this more and more on trains in the morning. Some girls/women spend the whole 30 minutes applying make up which baffles me. If I was going to the Oscars I would probably spend that amount of time but not on everyday application. I hate it if one sits near me, it is the constant moving around and fidgeting. I don't know why but I get embarrassed for them. It doesn't say to me that they are looking after themselves, it says I am vain or I have to go through all this rigmarole just to look half way decent. Recently I was on a train with my OH and there was a woman on the train applying make up when we got on. We could only see the back of her head but you could hear her rattling around in her make up case for the entire journey. As we got to the end stop she got up, and my OH were expecting great things from the long make up session. My OH just looked at her and said, all that effort just to look that plain! He wasn't being bitchy, he was genuinely baffled!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I worry that I may need to call the emergency services if the bus has to make an emergency stop and an eye has to be saved from being stabbed by whatever things it is that are used to make yourselves look so wonderful.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OH just looked at her and said, all that effort just to look that plain! He wasn't being bitchy, he was genuinely baffled!

:o:o He said that to her face :blush: He probably dented her confidence for ever.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shave while driving to work as it saves me 10 minutes or so (electric shaver, not wet shave!!)
    I don't apply make-up though, as I'm male.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:)

S'all good.