Opinion if David Morrissey was really a future doctor

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
Forum Member
Just a little discussion into what you would of thought of David Morrisey if he really was a future doctor (just watching The Next Doctor).

I think he would had a bit of the old school doctor style.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Difficult to tell really - the whole point of his character in that was to imitate Doc 10, so he didn't really have a chance to make the role his own, so to speak.

Then he spent the 2nd half moping around and crying, once he found out, so hardly doctor material there either. He showed some potential right at the end when he cheers up, but his persona had changed by then.

He's a great actor, but judging how he'd play the doctor based on TND isn't really fair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossby wrote: »
    Just a little discussion into what you would of thought of David Morrisey if he really was a future doctor (just watching The Next Doctor).

I think he would had a bit of the old school doctor style.

That's the impression I got when watching The Next Doctor and I loved it. I also liked some fans suggestions that he could be a younger version of Hartnells Doctor missing some memories before the episode aired.Truth be told he was probably already too old to be considered for the role in new DW as he's approaching his mid forties. I think Eccleston will remain the oldest actor who's started in the current version of the show. Future Doctor actors will probably all be in the 25-35years old bracket when they start.