Options

Best vacuum cleaner for cat hair?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for the Miele Cat and Dog. I have had mine for years now and it is still going strong.

It is a bit heavy for lugging up the stairs though, so I bought a Tesco bagless vacuum cleaner (£39 - on offer) for upstairs (I am a 2 vac household, how posh). It does the job and it is light weight. I don't know how long it will last, as it was so cheap. What I also like is that I can empty the canister and see how much hair I have removed, it gives me a strange sense of satisfaction to see how much hair I clean up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have two cats and have just moved into a house with cream carpets throughout. Our vacuum cleaner is useless, so we need to get a new one. Can anyone recommend one that is particularly good for cat hair please?

Get some cream cats - the carpet will get more lush and deep over time:D

I had a brown carpet and a white cat, my hair was white as well - nightmare:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I have the Russell Hobbs Pet Cyclonic http://www.russellhobbs.co.uk/russell-hobbs-collections/pet-cyclonic-vacuums/. The one I have is about 4 years old and 2000w and does the job great (I have two cats - predominantly house cats who shed a lot of hair!). Not sure how it compares to the Miele except on price.

Before I had this I found that if I brushed the carpet with the cats' slicker brush before hoovering (the one with all the prickly tongs) this got the hairs up that the hoover would miss.
  • Options
    summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the Miele Cats and Dogs one too... the brush is excellant - I tend to hoover with the brush first and then the normal hoover head afterwards..

We're knee deep in moulted hair at the moment..

why does my black cat moult white fur ?!!
  • Options
    thefoxmistressthefoxmistress Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roooty wrote: »
    Hahaha. My work here is done! (I still haven't bought one myself. Yet.) :)

Oooh, treat yourself - it's amazing, so amazing that besides its infinitely higher efficiency, I think I'm crushing on it :o It's powerful, sleek and stylish, the carpets have never looked so good & even the laminate looks like its smiling :)

Out of curiosity I tried the normal brush head first, and even that was FAR for effective than the Dyson Animal. And with the turbo brush (which was included in the £188 price tag - some sites charge another £35 or so for it) - well, no more pre-hoovering moonwalking for me! It's ace. ACE I tell thee! :D

Alas, although Miele may be the cat owners choice, I still think the cat's choice would be the roomba :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much is this Miele Cat and Dog?
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found one 3 years ago, cost £120(now £95 on Amazon) (Vax power 6 pet and home, carpets and hardfloors,attachments for chairs etc, bagless. upright), and does the job 100%!. It's got a see through dust container and I'm always amazed how much hair my cat sheds in a few days.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    if you can't afford the Miele, Sebo do a good light one as well as an upright. It worked pretty well on cat hair on our carpets.

have a look at this as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWGnXkcaKI

have to wait for your cat to go deaf first though