The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    WAIT. There's a music video for it?
    yep she's literally standing in a pinkish thing in front of a literal hall of her videos throughout her career
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    yep she's literally standing in a pinkish thing in front of a literal hall of her videos throughout her career

Ah cool. I hope she puts it out like in a month or so. I really wanted a video for it too. I bet Ain't That Right must be the second private video too.
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    So she kind of did the visual EP like she wanted to. That's really cool.
    I just hope that the videos are good!

And the beast session is just so good. I really like it! And it's a good way to bust EP views etc. So well done :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I personally love how much more power there is in the acoustic version of HOF. I adore the track on the EP but as it nears the end i'm always left wanting just that bit more so i am more than happy with this live version.

I think this whole EP has been planned out and executed really well. Especially in comparison to NewRules.

One thing that concerns me though is Alex's likes, favourites and retweets. It's worrying that when she drops a youtube vid of a new live performance that she barely gets 10-20 retweets. Likes on instagram just about reach 1k but if she is to tweet about Beyonce or Kelly Rowland for instance, the likes treble. People are there observing but they're not showing her enough appreciation or they are simply not that interested in her but just can't be bothered to unfollow.
    Forum Member
    bromill wrote: »
    I personally love how much more power there is in the acoustic version of HOF. I adore the track on the EP but as it nears the end i'm always left wanting just that bit more so i am more than happy with this live version.

I think this whole EP has been planned out and executed really well. Especially in comparison to NewRules.

One thing that concerns me though is Alex's likes, favourites and retweets. It's worrying that when she drops a youtube vid of a new live performance that she barely gets 10-20 retweets. Likes on instagram just about reach 1k but if she is to tweet about Beyonce or Kelly Rowland for instance, the likes treble. People are there observing but they're not showing her enough appreciation or they are simply not that interested in her but just can't be bothered to unfollow.

I agree totally.

The social media is worrying. There's been next to no growth since 2010 from her twitter. It is a problem when you're trying to plug a new release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree totally.

The social media is worrying. There's been next to no growth since 2010 from her twitter. It is a problem when you're trying to plug a new release.

It is worrying but she needs to be more out there on Instagram we need fashion forward Instagram posts lets be honest Instagram is all about pieces (fashion wise) and locations. Alex needs to slay 24/7 or at least 3 times a week for her impact on there to grow
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I don't think Instagram can help her. It's more about twitter and facebook I think.
    But yes her social media needs improvement
    Forum Member
    They all need work. She needs to work with brilliant social media people to really help her once the BG ends.
    Forum Member
    I shared that last Beast Session of HOF on my facebook and i got some really good responses. One of them was 'Where has she been all these years since winning the X Factor? Her voice is amazing'

I hear this a lot from people

With great marketing i do still think there is potential for her to get back in the charts. It has to be all about the voice though. Nobody can deny that voice and if given some great songs she could definitely get back on top where she belongs.
    Forum Member
    bromill wrote: »
    I shared that last Beast Session of HOF on my facebook and i got some really good responses. One of them was 'Where has she been all these years since winning the X Factor? Her voice is amazing'

I hear this a lot from people

With great marketing i do still think there is potential for her to get back in the charts. It has to be all about the voice though. Nobody can deny that voice and if given some great songs she could definitely get back on top where she belongs.

So true. People think she just.disappeared. She has the talent and the potential. She just needs the right music and styling and promo.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    So true. People think she just.disappeared. She has the talent and the potential. She just needs the right music and styling and promo.

True. But she also needs support from radio/media. They can make or break an artist.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex really needs to build a lot of bridges in the industry. Whatever the reason may be, there seems to be quite a few people in the media and radio who don't like her.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I know of a lot of people who wonder where she is, especially the fans that rooted for her in xfactor after the Beyoncé duet.

In terms of social media i think she definitely need to step it up. She can go on 2 days without tweeting anything then go on a favouriting and retweeting spree.

In terms of networking with people in the industry, she seems to have built a good phone contact list but has yet to really utilise any- apart from Wretch 32. Its weird cause some dj's such as Nick Grimshaw used to be really friendly during the HOH era when he worked for Channel 4 but now i feel as if she wouldnt be supported by him after she released another album. Also most interviewers must be quite cautious of Alex cause after a bad headline her, her family and fans fly off the handles...tbh ive been one of those people on one or more occasions.

Tbh one thing that really pisses me off is that after she threw out the US album she then threw out all dreams of US success. She went from attending these high class events in the US to being back in the UK for a musical and hanging with socialites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of networking with people in the industry, she seems to have built a good phone contact list but has yet to really utilise any- apart from Wretch 32. Its weird cause some dj's such as Nick Grimshaw used to be really friendly during the HOH era when he worked for Channel 4 but now i feel as if she wouldnt be supported by him after she released another album. Also most interviewers must be quite cautious of Alex cause after a bad headline her, her family and fans fly off the handles...tbh ive been one of those people on one or more occasions.

Unfortunately, this has been an issue since the start of her career. I understand Alex comes from a close family, but sometimes it's best to just keep quiet and have the attitude "haters gonna hate". You certainly don't go around criticising radio stations etc on social media.
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this has been an issue since the start of her career. I understand Alex comes from a close family, but sometimes it's best to just keep quiet and have the attitude "haters gonna hate". You certainly don't go around criticising radio stations etc on social media.

I don't think they see that sadly. There's a reason that the Knowles' were silent when the whole Destiny's Child lawsuit thing happened. You have to play the game, and Alex did not. That's a big part of the issues she's had I feel. She's been unlucky, but it's the music industry - you create your own luck.

Her being independent has shown that she massively relied on the label structure and the services they provided. Check Dawn Richards as a comparison. She knows what to do. Alex is just learning...which is quite sad considering the people she was around.
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Alex is lucky that this May7even story didnt make the news! The last thing she needs now is blind public hate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think Alex watches this forum, she's uploaded a lot of Instagram posts in the last 24 hrs
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    You think Alex watches this forum, she's uploaded a lot of Instagram posts in the last 24 hrs

She definitely learned after New Rules, as this EP is what we wanted in terms of execution.
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Alex is lucky that this May7even story didnt make the news! The last thing she needs now is blind public hate

What was the may7ven story?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys I'm so PISSED, I'm just watching people on radio 1 big weekend and I'm seeing this MESS Rita Ora perform and she's wack! Can't bloody move can't sing properly needs heavy backing, and I'm thinking back to Alex on t4 on the beach even her worst performance WORST (start without you or let it go) was still FIRE she actually did a slick routine and vocals were great, I'm so angry Alex isn't hyped up she is a true diva true! Can perform like fire all the time and always always gives it 100 http://youtu.be/IIO7igEVtmY
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust me, I completely agree, Nick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's frustrating but apart from a few missteps, Rita has played the game very well. Her coaching stint on The Voice was very well thought out and she has even managed to come out of the Calvin Harris drama relatively unscathed.
    Forum Member
    Alex is back in Abbey Road Studios. It's likely that it's for The Bodyguard again but here's me hoping it's for something else..
  • perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Imagine her doing an Abbey Road Session, just like Kylie did few years ago. Fierce appearance, killer vocal and an orchestra mmm... Plus good promo!

We can only imagine after all... :(
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    It's frustrating but apart from a few missteps, Rita has played the game very well. Her coaching stint on The Voice was very well thought out and she has even managed to come out of the Calvin Harris drama relatively unscathed.

The people she's around help her more than her own moves per se. She's got a killer PR team. That Jay Z money is good and smart. But it's weird, musically and success wise she doesn't deserve any of the attention she has. Also her Calvin Harris split wasn't that big of a news thing.

Alex forgot that as a black woman, she has to be very careful about what she does. She really forgot that. Things are intensified in the news etc.