Pet Id - If You Were Blindfolded.

*Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Could you identify your pet if it was on touch alone? Say 5 animals of the same size, same type of breed, same type of fur etc were given to you to 'feel' with touch only as a method of identifying your pet.

Could you?

I definately could, mostly because my furry one has a misaligned bone at the top of her right paw and you can feel it sticking out.

Random question but was wondering how others might fare? :)

Comments

• *Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that'll be a no then eh! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could with one of my cats that's got a kink near the end of his tail.

The others, if all the cats were similar as you said, I doubt it to be honest.

I do sometimes try to guess which of the cats is next to me on the bed at night (with my eyes closed) and I mostly get it right purely by touch, but then they're all different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh aye my old dachshunds front paws smelt like digestive biscuits.(r.i.p my angel).
    My dog now well she has a sort of dome head lol, she is a lurcher, muriel my rat well weight alone would solve that..fat as a rabbit . Millie my other one ,,wouldn't be in the id parade she doesn't like being parted from me lol.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I can always tell my Duncan with his comedy hair cut (husband is getting better at it but poor Dunkie still gets a comedy cut), Mollie only needs to be touched and she is on her back thrashing her legs in the air grunting for her tummy to be tickled so she would be fairly easy to spot too I think :D
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure tbh - my Amber doesn't have anything 'quirky' that would help me??

If I was allowed to touch all of the hypothetical cats and gauge from their reactions then I'd know in an instant.. But otherwise it would be a guess!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I could id my Cav because she has a deformed toe on each of her front feet, they don't touch the ground, and I have to cut the claws back about every month else they curl into her pad. :(
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    My dog has a scar on his tail (sat on a sharp shell on the beach), plus he's a bit of a random crossbreed, I think it'd be hard to find another just like him.
  • ChawtonChawton Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I might with Obi (cat) as he's very long, and has short, wiry almost, fur whereas his sister is more your average cat with soft, silky fur. If I had these two, plus the two felons who snatch the bread and pizza I leave out for the birds (rascal cats!) then yes I could. Hmmm. Ours are the only two cats in our road, and the 2 felons (pretty sure they're same household as they hang out together) are the only others I see in our garden - so our ID line up is pretty limited!
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    As long as I could also use my sense of smell, yes. My boy stinks of grubby feet.

Other than that, if the lineup was red burmese males, probably not - although E is quite small so that might give it away.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    My pussy smells of bacon. But then most cats do.

The size of her, she is a very long cat. So I could probably be able to feel my pussy well too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The size of her, she is a very long cat. So I could probably be able to feel my pussy well too.

No they don't, none of my lot smell of bacon. :confused:
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Chessie wrote: »
    No they don't, none of my lot smell of bacon. :confused:

I have had 3 cats since 1975 and all 3 smelled of bacon when i sniffed them.

Looking on Google quite a few sites have commented on the bacon smell of their pussies.
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    None of my cats has ever smelled of bacon:confused:

Their tummies often smell of digestive biscuits - lovely.:)
    Forum Member

I'm not sure it's felines that are being discussed here :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Yep i could with my own & could also do it with the 200 dogs & cats we've got on our books. Embarrassed to admit this but weirdly enough I can also look at the poos of any of the dogs I walk & know which ones done it even if ive not seen it in production :eek: Our clients think I should go on 'you bet' if it was still running. :D
    Forum Member
    TMI!! :eek: :D
  • DARCYFDARCYF Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, his bite marks are very individual
  • *Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lippincote wrote: »
    None of my cats has ever smelled of bacon

. :confused:

Their tummies often smell of digestive biscuits - lovely.:)

Mine neither, no bacon smell:confused:

and no digestive smell either . Starting to think I need to swop my cat. :D
    Chawton wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's felines that are being discussed here :eek:

PMSL. :D
    Yep i could with my own & could also do it with the 200 dogs & cats we've got on our books. Embarrassed to admit this but weirdly enough I can also look at the poos of any of the dogs I walk & know which ones done it even if ive not seen it in production :eek: Our clients think I should go on 'you bet' if it was still running. :D
    :eek:
    DARCYF wrote: »
    Yeah, his bite marks are very individual

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Could you identify your pet if it was on touch alone? Say 5 animals of the same size, same type of breed, same type of fur etc were given to you to 'feel' with touch only as a method of identifying your pet.

Could you?

I definately could, mostly because my furry one has a misaligned bone at the top of her right paw and you can feel it sticking out.

Random question but was wondering how others might fare? :)

Yes definitely :)