Options

It's the judges' fault...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
...we all get so worked up over things. They seem to want to deliberately create controversy.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Tru dat. If it wasn't for them we'd all be firm friends...
  • Options
    tonycollins100tonycollins100 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why they are there! To cause controversy by favouring one/two dancers over the others, (this time it was Scot/Pamela) Next year it will be someone else. All the rows are created to raise the publicity level in the hope of getting more viewers to vote, earning more lovely wonga for the beeb (they stopped giving it to charity years ago).

I think it is time for a new judge to replace Alesha (Karen?) I would keep Craig, but have my doubts about Len and Bruno. Both are no doubt experts in their field, but like the X factor judges, they tend to think the show is about THEM.

While they keep the current line up, they should not bring back the judges selection from the final two.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is time for a new judge to replace Alesha (Karen?) I would keep Craig, but have my doubts about Len and Bruno. Both are no doubt experts in their field, but like the X factor judges, they tend to think the show is about THEM.

There is no doubt that Karen would be a good judge, because she knows what she's talking about and she already does judge, in real life.
    BUT
    I think she'd end up going down the same route as Arlene did, being convinced that her repartee was highly witty and entertaining - when it wasn't - and generally letching over the men. She was pretty embarassing in that regard when she was dancing with Ramps, after all.
    Better to have a male professional on there. Darren, fer instance. I've never heard Darren letching after his celeb partner. Or anyone else's, for that matter.

Let Bruno and Len go their American gig, for the megabucks, keep Craig, get Darren and then find two real life actual judges from the real dance world. Just because we don't know them, it means nowt. No ordinary, non-dancing person who watches SCD had heard of anyone apart from Arlene from her Hot Gossip days when SCD started, after all.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I agree with your statement, not only because I believe it to be true but because you put the apostrophes in your title in the correct place, which makes you my DS hero today. :)
  • Options
    shrewshrew Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mistress wrote: »

... yeah - and da be no war...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Karen was judge instead of Alesha there would be world peace. Fact.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    If Karen was judge instead of Alesha there would be world peace. Fact.

Only because the other three would be so scared of her, they wouldn't dare cross her! ;)
  • Options
    shrewshrew Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... and we would all live together in pease and hedgmony...

... forevah!
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shrew wrote: »
    ... and we would all live together in pease and hedgmony...

... forevah!

... and unto the ages of ages. Amen.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Len continues to do DWTS then he has to give up Strictly. All the travelling and jet lag makes him far too rude and grumpy. This has been his worst year by far. Alesha and Bruno need to be split up too, they're getting far too 'friendly' for my liking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Replace dire Dixon (Karen is a good idea), I am sick of the face Len makes when he doesn't like Craig's score and he often gives a higher score to make up for Craig's lower one. I don't know what Bruno's on and would like to see him gone.

I would keep Craig and get 3 new and knowledgable judges.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The controversy fuels the show but I find it distasteful when it gets as personal as the last few weeks have been with Matt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann Widdecombe for judge!!

The Art of Bluff taken to its extreme by some extremely un-Arlene-type commentary, to rival Craig's.

the judging itself would take up more camera time than the dancing.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I agree with your statement, not only because I believe it to be true but because you put the apostrophes in your title in the correct place, which makes you my DS hero today. :)

I was thinking the same thing!!!!
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    ...we all get so worked up over things. They seem to want to deliberately create controversy.

Do you mean if it wasn't for the judges we would all agree?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »

Indeed. Their powers of mind-control are truly terrifying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mistress wrote: »

:D:D:D