100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you give us a clue please lou lou?

A younger, very close female family member.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    If it's true, the thing that I found most shocking was the person she was indulging with - the person's name was in the written statement by the ex husband but has never (to the best of my knowledge) been named on TV/radio reports.

I saw a couple of comments on other sites about xxxx indulging with her the past few days but I'm pretty sure they'll have been pulled by now. I read male though rather than female.

At the time there were a few whispers that he was the reason for the kerfuffle - that she knew and covered for him but I guess now it looks a bit bigger than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Fail are still naming the other female person - I just checked to make sure I'd not dreamt it ! !
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    The Daily Fail are still naming the other female person - I just checked to make sure I'd not dreamt it ! !

I suppose whichever one of them it is its wrong on so many levels. I was hard pushed to invite my mum on my hen night :eek:
  • merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which blind does this relate to? lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which blind does this relate to? lol

Not so much a Blind item - it's referring to the revelations from the ex husband of the TV cook.
  • merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so much a Blind item - it's referring to the revelations from the ex husband of the TV cook.

thankyou :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Crazy Days & Nights:

This A+ mostly movie actor has spent almost $50M in the past two years and is completely broke. He is so broke that he has signed away any future earnings and has no income despite his movies grossing well over $1B. He refuses to downsize or cutback though and thinks he can keep things going until he gets another big paycheck. He had his electricity tuned off in his primary house because he didn't pay the bill. He has a monthly cell phone because he doesn't have good enough credit to get a regular one. He owes all the cell phone carriers thousands of dollars.[/QUOTE]

Not the pirate feller?
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »

This A+ mostly movie actor has spent almost $50M in the past two years and is completely broke. He is so broke that he has signed away any future earnings and has no income despite his movies grossing well over $1B. He refuses to downsize or cutback though and thinks he can keep things going until he gets another big paycheck. He had his electricity tuned off in his primary house because he didn't pay the bill. He has a monthly cell phone because he doesn't have good enough credit to get a regular one. He owes all the cell phone carriers thousands of dollars.

I know it's a joke that he's one of the suggested answers to every blind. But I did wonder if this could be the sofa jumper?

It's just that, signing away future earnings is a strange phrase - or concept. You'd also think that we'd hear about A+ list celebrities going on crazy spending sprees. I mean, when Angelina bought Brad an island, it hit the papers. That's another thing, a lot of A+ list celebs have a significant other - often also high profile. There's no mention of a wife/husband for this guy - and I could see him having spent $50m supporting his favourite institution, and signing future earnings over to them in return for help maintaining the illusion of ongoing wealth.
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Worth pointing out that he has said today that he has no proof of it and doesn't know whether she did or not.

Anyway, moving on...

This A+ mostly movie actor has spent almost $50M in the past two years and is completely broke. He is so broke that he has signed away any future earnings and has no income despite his movies grossing well over $1B. He refuses to downsize or cutback though and thinks he can keep things going until he gets another big paycheck. He had his electricity tuned off in his primary house because he didn't pay the bill. He has a monthly cell phone because he doesn't have good enough credit to get a regular one. He owes all the cell phone carriers thousands of dollars.

I thought the pirate or catch me while you can?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I suppose whichever one of them it is its wrong on so many levels. I was hard pushed to invite my mum on my hen night :eek:

Those sisters sound a right pair, I'm surprised the only charge against them is fraud.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    I know it's a joke that he's one of the suggested answers to every blind. But I did wonder if this could be the sofa jumper?

It's just that, signing away future earnings is a strange phrase - or concept. You'd also think that we'd hear about A+ list celebrities going on crazy spending sprees. I mean, when Angelina bought Brad an island, it hit the papers. That's another thing, a lot of A+ list celebs have a significant other - often also high profile. There's no mention of a wife/husband for this guy - and I could see him having spent $50m supporting his favourite institution, and signing future earnings over to them in return for help maintaining the illusion of ongoing wealth.

You know, he crossed my mind too. Maybe he spent it all on the new $145 building!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Dawson was my first thought followed by Top Gun.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna say if I think Ms Christmas Punch did or didn't partake (she may not, it may be scurrilous accusations) but WHY would anyone not by now understand cocaine is the absolute scurge of the middle classes and London elite?

Middle-class housewives, politicians, chefs, people in entertainment both young and old (sob!), fashion, sweet people you'd never expect, it's an absolute phucking CANCER on society and indulged in by 'really nice people' so much so that people can't believe it when they're told.

If people only knew how deep this goes in 'civilised society' they'd freak. It's off the charts.

If I could burn the entire world batch of the damned stuff I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Very true. She's said nothing so far and those making the allegations aren't exactly trust worthy. I'm a bit suspicious that someone that busy with high level commitments could be that off their face at the same time.

How long does it take to snort a line of cake? The question is both rhetorical and real because I have never snorted one.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »

Not the pirate feller?[/QUOTE]

My first thought was National Treasure.
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

Roger Rabbit?
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Not the pirate feller?

My first thought was National Treasure.[/QUOTE]

National Treasure is well-known for being in the financial do-do. When he first hit pay dirt, he bought up homes all over the world, and has since been obliged to sell them all again. His debts are one reason why he keeps appearing in all kinds of garbage films, for example Season Of The Witch. Stinkers.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re National Treasure -

He's not anywhere near A+ list now. I know Enty's really erratic and inconsistent on 'list' status but even still...

B list at best.
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Not gonna say if I think Ms Christmas Punch did or didn't partake (she may not, it may be scurrilous accusations) but WHY would anyone not by now understand cocaine is the absolute scurge of the middle classes and London elite?

Middle-class housewives, politicians, chefs, people in entertainment both young and old (sob!), fashion, sweet people you'd never expect, it's an absolute phucking CANCER on society and indulged in by 'really nice people' so much so that people can't believe it when they're told.

If people only knew how deep this goes in 'civilised society' they'd freak. It's off the charts.
    If I could burn the entire world batch of the damned stuff I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'm not particularly bothered by their drug habits, but what really pisses me off is that what is seen as a rather cool and smart middle-class thing to do at the end (or even during) a dinner party has resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of people - a great many of whom were innocent bystanders -
    in Columbia and Mexico over these past ten years. Cocaine makes billions for the drug barons, but if there were no demand for it, it would solve the problem at a stroke.

Perhaps for some people inexplicably, I think the only solution is legalising coke, heroin and the rest, It would punch a hole in the market overnight, give some means of regulation and SAVE LIVES. As for the users, let them stew in their own juice. As 1920s prohibition of alcohol in the US showed us, the only thing it achieved was to expand the activities of crims and gangsters no end and create a criminal problem they still haven't got to grips with. If we can handle the legalisation of alcohol - just another 'drug' at the end of the day - we should be able to legalise the rest.

The one big barrier to legalising all 'recreational' drugs is that it is a political no-no and no politico or party would go near it with a bargepole. But it is the only solution. And I must point out that I am making a pragmatic point, not trying to strike a blow libertarianism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    My first thought was National Treasure.

National Treasure is well-known for being in the financial do-do. When he first hit pay dirt, he bought up homes all over the world, and has since been obliged to sell them all again. His debts are one reason why he keeps appearing in all kinds of garbage films, for example Season Of The Witch. Stinkers.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this sounds about right, actually. I'd forgotten about him.
    Forum Member
    laurielou wrote: »
    He also testified yesterday in court that he had NO evidence whatsoever that any of these allegations (made by people accused of stealing quite considerable sums of money from his company) were true. So perhaps it's unwise for the media to report it as if it were somehow now a proven fact and for people reading the stories to assume any of it is, given the startlingly obvious likely motivations and agendas of all concerned.

None of us knows the state of the Saatchi marriage before the divorce and it was bound to have had its ups and downs like all other marriages, but the way I read it from media reports both of the break-up and the trial, what finally pissed of Saatchi was that Lawson not only condoned coke-sniffing in her daughter but he believed did it with her. It's in the email he sent to her which was read out in court. Also, do people no remember how pissed off he was after the alleged assault in the restaurant when Lawson didn't come out and explain what had gone on. It seems he took the rap for something which now seems wasn't his fault and he felt she could at least have explained what had gone on.
    Forum Member
    It must have come as quite a shock for Charles Saatchi to become aware of someone taking cocaine - especially after his sheltered life in the advertising industry...

Actually, he said the shock was the 'scale' of her coke-sniffing, not the fact of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    Actually, he said the shock was the 'scale' of her coke-sniffing, not the fact of it.

He said in court yesterday he had no evidence whatsoever that she had ever taken coke. There is no 'fact' that she did. At all, from the evidence presented so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25154201

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/no-proof-that-nigella-lawson-ever-took-drugs-charles-saatchi-admits-in-court-8973640.html

These are just two of yesterday's news reports, which show him backtracking on that part of the story. The only place reporting differently now is the Torygraph, for whom it is apparently perfectly acceptable to throttle your partner if you suspect them of taking drugs.
    Forum Member
    laurielou wrote: »
    He said in court yesterday he had no evidence whatsoever that she had ever taken coke. There is no 'fact' that she did. At all, from the evidence presented so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25154201

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/no-proof-that-nigella-lawson-ever-took-drugs-charles-saatchi-admits-in-court-8973640.html

These are just two of yesterday's news reports, which show him backtracking on that part of the story. The only place reporting differently now is the Torygraph, for whom it is apparently perfectly acceptable to throttle your partner if you suspect them of taking drugs.

Exactly, backtracking. So who knows what to think. If people say one thing one minute, another the next, it's all a bit difficult. But if you chase up the email, it bears out what I said.
This discussion has been closed.