Awful boxing coverage by London Live...

i4ui4u Posts: 54,953
Forum Member
If the technical quality wasn't bad enough they had a 4-5 minute commercial break during a live fight, re-joining it half way through the last round having omitted round 2 and the commentators told us how great the fight had been!

We saw the result announced and cut away to another 4 minute commercial break.

Technically it was dire, with a vt that had about 2 seconds between the audio & video. The MC's intros & results were inaudible, the main commentator's audio had reverb making it difficult to hear what he was saying the co-commentators sound was ok.

Picture wise is was all over the place, blobby bits, break up & out of focus. There were bizarre shots of the crowd and a camera that just seemed to shot the feet of the boxers.

Also there were no graphics for the bouts, such as title, names of boxers, round number etc.

Comments

• sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    If the technical quality wasn't bad enough they had a 4-5 minute commercial break during a live fight, re-joining it half way through the last round having omitted round 2 and the commentators told us how great the fight had been!

Technically it was dire, with a vt that had about 2 seconds between the audio & video. The MC's intros & results were inaudible, the main commentator's audio had reverb making it difficult to hear what he was saying the co-commentators sound was ok.

Picture wise is was all over the place, blobby bits, break up & out of focus. There were bizarre shots of the crowd and a camera that just seemed to shot the feet of the boxers.

Also there were no graphics for the bouts, such as title, names of boxers, round number etc.

Missed it. What fight did they show?.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

I thought that went bankrupt, still a amateur piss up then.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that went bankrupt, still a amateur piss up then.
    The channel's owned by the Evening Standard so not bankrupt but losing money.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    The channel's owned by the Evening Standard so not bankrupt but losing money.

The Dept of Culture, Media & Sport needs shooting for awarding the licence to the Standard in the first place.

"Hey, we can start a TV station in one of the greatest cities in the world......let's give it to a company with no television experience whatsoever!"
  • Pete_ukPete_uk Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess its mostly manned by media studies types with little in way of experience?
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you are the one person who watches local tv then.
  • TimanfayaTimanfaya Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    The Dept of Culture, Media & Sport needs shooting for awarding the licence to the Standard in the first place.

"Hey, we can start a TV station in one of the greatest cities in the world......let's give it to a company with no television experience whatsoever!"

The DCMS didn't award the licence to ESTV - That would be too accountable, and nobody would want to be held accountable for the LL car crash. It was the NGO Ofcom that awarded the licence.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there a Boxing match on a channel that gets less viewers then TBN UK?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming soon they have live coverage of the Oxford/Cambridge goat race.

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/programmes/the-goat-race

Please note today is not 1st April.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Coming soon they have live coverage of the Oxford/Cambridge goat race.

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/programmes/the-goat-race

Please note today is not 1st April.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D

I had to do a double take then! The goat race!!!!!