A victory for Alex

kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just shows how we worship the mediocre in this country.

First John and Edward are lionised for not singing and not dancing and now we have a famous person's boyfriend voted the winner of "Celebrity" Big Brother?

I thought the clue to the programme was in the title?:confused:

Thank God this farcial programme is now over and hopefully 2010 will be remembered for burying a programme that in seasons 1 and 2, could have been witty, original and funny, but which turned into a money spinner for nonentities to claim fame.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if you hadn't noticed, fairly mediocre celebs is all CBB can really get. Except for the celebs that were famous decades ago.

Stephanie - big name, but decades ago
    Vinnie - never a great footballer, more a hacker that stopped truly skilled players playing their game, now specializes in Hollywood roles where he says 3 words per film.
    Stephen - 3rd most famous Baldwin

That's just the way CBB is. Noone "at the top of their game" is going to risk their career and reputation on a reality TV show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, Mr Nice but Dim wins CBB!!! I've lost respect for the GBP, or perhaps that should be C4's edits. The lowest common denominator in terms of intelligence was shown as best and consequently made everyone else seem evil in their edits...crass indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peely wrote: »
    So, Mr Nice but Dim wins CBB!!! I've lost respect for the GBP, or perhaps that should be C4's edits. The lowest common denominator in terms of intelligence was shown as best and consequently made everyone else seem evil in their edits...crass indeed.

And who would you have liked to have won?
  • The TornadoThe Tornado Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    The great British public like a winner who they feel superior too more than anything else

it makes us feel better about ourselves
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The great British public like a winner who they feel superior too more than anything else

it makes us feel better about ourselves

I think they like a winner that they think's a nice person, who also has entertained them and made them laugh. That's the top and bottom of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely I wasn't that bothered that Alex won because all of them had their faults. I just think it reflects British society that we vote (well I didn't) for someone who's really very very dim. However, he seems to be a pretty genuine nice guy.

I would have like Stephanie to win. In some ways I think she's gained personally from being on the show, more than anyone else. I doubt if she's raised her profile very much, compared with say, Alex, but I do think she's chilled and learnt a lot from it. She, Stephen and Ivana were the brightest of the bunch, and there are several things I don't like about both Stephen and Ivana, for different reasons.

I would have been ok with Vinnie winning - shock/horror. He's just a wind-up merchant. I don't think he's evil.
  • NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    kitten12 wrote: »
    just shows how we worship the mediocre in this country.

First John and Edward are lionised for not singing and not dancing and now we have a famous person's boyfriend voted the winner of "Celebrity" Big Brother?

I thought the clue to the programme was in the title?:confused:

Thank God this farcial programme is now over and hopefully 2010 will be remembered for burying a programme that in seasons 1 and 2, could have been witty, original and funny, but which turned into a money spinner for nonentities to claim fame.

couldn't agree more...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoDeal wrote: »
    I think they like a winner that they think's a nice person, who also has entertained them and made them laugh. That's the top and bottom of it.

Alex hasn't entertained me. i felt sorry for him when Stephen was trying to get his claws into him. The rest of the time it was like trying to understand a 9 year old lboy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex hasn't entertained me. i felt sorry for him when Stephen was trying to get his claws into him. The rest of the time it was like trying to understand a 9 year old lboy!

*shrug* Each to their own, isn't it? You can't please everyone. But Alex pleased enough to win. Dane didn't please enough to win, Vinnie didn't please enough to win, etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *shrug* Each to their own, isn't it? You can't please everyone. But Alex pleased enough to win. Dane didn't please enough to win, Vinnie didn't please enough to win, etc.

I'm really not that bothered. He only pleased a majority to win anyway, even if it was a significant majority. I just wish we could find someone bright to vote for! Mind you, didn't Jack Dee win the first one or something?
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What this person said.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member

I´d like to see Katie Price Ltd´s phone bill!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started off watching CBB thinking Alex was to be voted out as soon as possible. Having the dreadful Katie Price as a girlfriend did him no favours. I warmed to him over the weeks and wanted him to win at the end. I think it says alot that public opinion can change and that my opinion did. He came across as naive, immature at times but showed he was a nice decent bloke. I think the right person won.

I would have also been happy if Dane, Stephanie or Vinnie had won.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    my only problem with Alex winnig is the boost it gives to KP