Options

Cheryl Cole Appreciation Thread!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of Cheryl's best ever vocal performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2EO3VO-ZxU
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have bumped this thread for all the fans and part time fans such as myself. i see this as a safe haven, away from the constant negativity surrounding ms cole.

personally, will not be starting cheryl thread on the x factor forum. considering they are now deemed irrelevant.

lets raise a glass to ms cole and wish her all the best for the future.
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl has made front page media news in the US in recent days because the winner of the Miss USA pageant—Alyssa Campanella—is practically her doppelganger. In some of the side-by-side photos I've seen it's almost impossible to tell them apart.

Interestingly, the stories all refer to Cheryl as a "gorgeous Brit singer" or words to that effect, with no mention of her stint on the X Factor either in the UK or the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't look much like Cheryl really. Apart from in one pic I saw on Youtube - she is a bit similar.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am bored to death at people arguing with me everytime Cheryl is mentioned in threads, so i thought I would see if anyone would be interested in using this again.

Obviously there arent alot of Cheryl fans on Digital Spy but still, I would rather use this and be able to talk about her without people slating her.

So if you see any Cheryl Stories good or bad, discuss them in here. Also if anyone thinks we should start a new appreciation thread in a different area ie Showbiz or something just go ahead and do it and we will use that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to keep trying to get this going again. :D

Article saying Cheryl and Simon have made up and he is helping her in the states again. It also says she has recorded 4 great tracks, and discussions are happening about the Rihanna duet and potentially supporting her on tour. I really hope this is true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018174/Cheryl-Cole-Girls-Aloud-singer-tells-Ashley-Cole-Its--rekindles-friendship-Simon-Cowell.html

It also says Cheryl and Ashley are over, but The Mirror say the are moving to America so we dont really know anything, regarding thier relationship.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/07/24/cheryl-cole-and-ashley-cole-plan-to-move-to-america-for-fresh-start-together-115875-23292112/

But both seem to agree she is going to continue with her career. Which is great.
  • Options
    emmaxfemmaxf Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »

But both seem to agree she is going to continue with her career. Which is great.

Well, her career from the beginning has been in music so I don't know why she would give it up just because she's not appearing on TV as a talent show judge anymore.

(More likely she would put her career on hold to get married again and be a stay-at-home mum, which I think she has mentioned before as something she could see herself doing.)

I'm not so sure that being free of the XF associations is a bad thing at all for Cheryl in the long run. Obviously in the USA it would have helped launch her career. On the other hand if the show is a disappointment ratings-wise it will just tarnish the images of those involved. (Will be interesting to see if it helps Nicole's solo singing career which has never really taken off there in a big way.)

Cheryl's star quality is intact. She's a hard worker and now she probably feels she has something to prove, so I'm guessing she will bounce back in a big way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason i said it was great that they agree her career is going to continue, is because some were reporting she was planning on quitting to be with Ashley.

I agree being away from X Factor could help her as she can focus on her singing career and tour as before she never really had enough time.

I think if the show is a success Nicole's career will take off in a big way, especially as the show is sold around the world.

Yeah, I think now she is away from X Factor she will work hard on her album, whereas before with Messy Little Raindrops it was old songs that didnt make the cut for 3 Words and she knew it would sell just because of X Factor. So i look forward to seeing what she comes up with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The reason i said it was great that they agree her career is going to continue, is because some were reporting she was planning on quitting to be with Ashley.

I agree being away from X Factor could help her as she can focus on her singing career and tour as before she never really had enough time.

I think if the show is a success Nicole's career will take off in a big way, especially as the show is sold around the world.

Yeah, I think now she is away from X Factor she will work hard on her album, whereas before with Messy Little Raindrops it was old songs that didnt make the cut for 3 Words and she knew it would sell just because of X Factor. So i look forward to seeing what she comes up with.

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem to be responding negatively. Actually I haven't been reading the tabloid stories about Cheryl and Ashley so I didn't know that was being put out there to explain her career future or lack of it.

I'm looking forward to her new music too and also to it resulting in her being an even bigger star!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emmaxf wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't mean to seem to be responding negatively. Actually I haven't been reading the tabloid stories about Cheryl and Ashley so I didn't know that was being put out there to explain her career future or lack of it.

I'm looking forward to her new music too and also to it resulting in her being an even bigger star!

I never took it as you being negative anyway, so it is fine.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK X Factor ratings will flop this year. Nobody can deny that Cheryl had a significant impact on the show's success. A jump from 8m viewers on average to 13m. Who gives a crap about Tulisa and Kelly?. Not particularly good looking or successful. Tulisa tries and fails to press some fake 'from the street, been there done that' personality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    UK X Factor ratings will flop this year. Nobody can deny that Cheryl had a significant impact on the show's success. A jump from 8m viewers on average to 13m. Who gives a crap about Tulisa and Kelly?. Not particularly good looking or successful. Tulisa tries and fails to press some fake 'from the street, been there done that' personality.

I think there will definitely be lower ratings this series. A friend of mine who went to the Manchester auditions said that Gary Barlow was unpleasant and that neither Kelly nor Tulisa had enough sparkle to really brighten the panel.

But I think we can be sure that on DS it will be the absence of Dannii that is blamed for the downturn! ;)

I wonder if the heterosexual men who watched XF mostly to ogle Cheryl (and I know several in that category) will be satisfied with Kelly and Tulisa? I have my doubts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually really like Kelly and Tulisa, so i am still looking forward to X Factor. But at the same time i am gutted Cheryl wont be on it now. But i can ogle at Tulisa easily. :p

It does baffle me how people can argue with the ratings jump that happened when Cheryl joined, they always come up with some crap excuse.

I do hope Cheryl makes an appearance on X Factor, whether it is to mentor or just to perform. And i hope Simon gets her on the US Show too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mirror is reporting Simon and Cheryl have made up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/07/30/cheryl-cole-and-simon-cowell-end-their-feud-by-text-sealed-with-a-x-115875-23306931/

I really hope this is true as I always liked them as friends and hope they work together again in the future. And i really hope she will be on the X Factor this year.

And her text to simon was quite funny, if of course the article is true.
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just followed a link in the NY Daily News to a gallery of (147!) photos devoted to Cheryl's fashion sense at Style Bistro. The focus is on the details of her hair and make up when she's out and about at various events. I was surprised to find a link to something this in-depth about Cheryl on an American news site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think this thread would be better somewhere else? Perhaps Showbiz or Music.

As I think alot of the Cheryl fans have forgotten this is here.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think this thread would be better somewhere else? Perhaps Showbiz or Music.

No I Iike it here. It's peaceful. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    No I Iike it here. It's peaceful. :D

:D I just wish some of her fans would come in here and post. I know Cheryl doesnt have that many of Digital Spy but there are a good few and it would be good to be able to discuss her without the negetivity.
  • Options
    crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl <3 Probably won't bother with the x factor this year . Won't be the same without Chezza :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl <3 Probably won't bother with the x factor this year . Won't be the same without Chezza :)

True but last series was the only X factor I watched so I have to see what it's like this year. :o

Will.i.am posted a twitpic of cheryl and him on holiday, someone's taking a bit too much time for themselves, jokejoke. ;)

Do you think Cheryl is on holiday a lot to avoid UK press about US x factor and nicole etc.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not massively talented, but she has done very well for herself and is seriously gorgeous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »
    True but last series was the only X factor I watched so I have to see what it's like this year. :o

Will.i.am posted a twitpic of cheryl and him on holiday, someone's taking a bit too much time for themselves, jokejoke. ;)

Do you think Cheryl is on holiday a lot to avoid UK press about US x factor and nicole etc.

BIB :D

Yeah I think she has decided just to take time out away from all the constant specualtion and just relax.

But it looks like she has been recording material for her third album though. Lets hope she gets some killer songs to prove she doesnt just need the x factor to be a success.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D I just wish some of her fans would come in here and post. I know Cheryl doesnt have that many of Digital Spy but there are a good few and it would be good to be able to discuss her without the negetivity.

I forget where the thread is. The X Factor isn't relevant to her anymore. And she isn't up yo much ATM. I think the music forum would be best if people started posting regularly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    I forget where the thread is. The X Factor isn't relevant to her anymore. And she isn't up yo much ATM. I think the music forum would be best if people started posting regularly.

So how would it get moved to the Music Forum or do you create a new one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how would it get moved to the Music Forum or do you create a new one?

I just done a search in the music forum and there is already an appreciation thread there. But this has more posts so if we could merge this thread with the one in the music forum it would be better.

I think you alert last comment in this thread and write in the reason box - to merge in music forum with other thread.