Options

Does The Ice Cream Van Still Accept Empties?

TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Haven't seen an ice cream van in our area for at least 15 years, i remember in the 80s you got 3p for a 750ml bottle, which i'd trade for a piece of Anglo Gum and a Double Lolly! ( I feel old:o)

Comments

• Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was chip shops when I was a kid. 3p back for your cherryade bottle....
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,963
    Forum Member
    Dont know, mine doesn't come round anymore since I reported him to the noise police.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know, mine doesn't come round anymore since I reported him to the noise police.

'hello police. He won't stop playing greensleaves.......'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'hello police. He won't stop playing greensleaves.......'

Yes, something like that. It was Environmental Health to be fair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, something like that. It was Environmental Health to be fair.

Just think. Because of you, every kid who wanted ice-cream down your street, will never be able to use that van again....
  • Options
    QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think. Because of you, every kid who wanted ice-cream down your street, will never be able to use that van again....
    Don't be silly! Everyone knows if the ice-cream van is playing music, it's sold out!>:(;-)
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most ice-cream vans now sell liquids in plastic bottles, so you would not expect to pay a deposit and get money back.

Our local ice-cream van sells Barrs soft drinks, which come in proper glass bottles (which is why they taste so much better!), so you pay a deposit and get money back on return.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't really care. He shouldn't have been coming round at 9:30 at night should he?
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Respect to the man in the ice cream van.

'2 packets of Tudor Pickled Onion,Mars Bar and a bottle of Irn Bru please',.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I don't really care. He shouldn't have been coming round at 9:30 at night should he?

Mine comes around all hours of the day and even when it's tipping down with rain and thunder and lightning with his annoying, loud music. It's because of my stupid neighbours kids buying them all the time,, one day when he thought nobody was at my home because the car wasn't on the drive, the cheeky sod pulled up on my drive and parked up to serve them until I made him back up on the pavement >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our ice cream man is all year round, mainly because he also sells cans and cigarettes. The latest I've seen him is about 10pm at night. And he used to have your glass bottles back off you in the early to mid 90s for a discount on your next one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine comes around all hours of the day and even when it's tipping down with rain and thunder and lightning with his annoying, loud music. It's because of my stupid neighbours kids buying them all the time,, one day when he thought nobody was at my home because the car wasn't on the drive, the cheeky sod pulled up on my drive and parked up to serve them until I made him back up on the pavement >:(

Report him then. 7pm is the time limit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    Haven't seen an ice cream van in our area for at least 15 years, i remember in the 80s you got 3p for a 750ml bottle, which i'd trade for a piece of Anglo Gum and a Double Lolly! ( I feel old:o)

Not round your area they don't, perhaps `they` think your to old to make it to their van. :p