Would I Lie To You? (Series 8) - Fridays, 8:30pm, BBC1

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back to the show.....I thought this show was a bit weaker than last week as well, but still the best laugh of the week

I don't know who the Italian bloke is but I thought he was quite funny........particularly his Banarama story........:D

I also enjoyed Kirsty and Lee re-enacting the Newsnight mug drama.......:D
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Back to the show.....I thought this show was a bit weaker than last week as well, but still the best laugh of the week

I don't know who the Italian bloke is but I thought he was quite funny........particularly his Banarama story........:D

I also enjoyed Kirsty and Lee re-enacting the Newsnight mug drama.......:D

The Italian bloke was Bruno Tonioli, one of the gay judges on Strictly Come Dancing, I had no idea who the other two so called comedians were,? obviously somebody dragged in off the street because they were cheap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    The Italian bloke was Bruno Tonioli, one of the gay judges on Strictly Come Dancing, I had no idea who the other two so called comedians were,? obviously somebody dragged in off the street because they were cheap.

'Rob' is on a lot of the panel shows........he's the young one with the blond hair and shiny teeth. He often pops up on Mock The Week and '8 Out of 10 cats'

I didn't recognise the bearded comedian on Lee's team........but I switched over to Cats Do Countdown' at 9.00pm and he was on that as well !...........as in fact was Rob !
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like Adam Buxton. Kirsty was very good too.

Just caught this and again had a good old laugh. The stuff about Kirsty, Paxman and the Snoopy mug was great.(Especially when they were getting confused about who was impersonating who!) Some nice rants from David, Lee being typically sharp and Rob keeping things together very well. This is one of the few 'must watch' programmes on TV for me. Great series.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    I like the way that they always have to explain the pop /sport references to David, because he is too posh to understand them. I suspect that when he refers to his childhood in a jokey way he is really telling the truth.:D
    Some of it is still great with Michell's reactions and rants but some of it is getting old now.
    The stuff about him not knowing about women. He's a married man now. The same with Jon Richardson on Cats where they're still knocking out jokes about him being lonely etc. whereas he's enagaged.
    To be fair he does add in lines now about having a girlfriend but Mitchell doesn't seem to comment on his marriage.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The stuff about him not knowing about women. He's a married man now...
    Being married has nothing to do with knowing anything about women! :D

K
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    Being married has nothing to do with knowing anything about women! :D

K
    I'm sure he's given Victoria a full investigation
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Man, tonight's episode really really sucked hard.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite enjoyed this week's episode.

Highlights for me were:

- Bob Mortimer's story with Harry Harryman, Steve Bytheway and Sergeant Bytheway. Think Bob always makes excellent contributions as a panel show guest in exactly the same way that Vic Reeves doesn't.

- David Mitchell laughing at the end after guessing wrongly for a third time, despite going with Adil's choice, whose previous guesses were correct.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    Man, tonight's episode really really sucked hard.

I blame the boy band member, drained all the life out of the show when he spoke. Apart from him though, I thought it was entertaining.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite enjoyed this week's episode.

Highlights for me were:

- Bob Mortimer's story with Harry Harryman, Steve Bytheway and Sergeant Bytheway. Think Bob always makes excellent contributions as a panel show guest in exactly the same way that Vic Reeves doesn't.

- David Mitchell laughing at the end after guessing wrongly for a third time, despite going with Adil's choice, whose previous guesses were correct.

Have to agree. I'm not sure how anybody can say this episode "sucked" when Bob contributed that. He's a genius at appearing to be making it up as he goes along.
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I blame the boy band member, drained all the life out of the show when he spoke. Apart from him though, I thought it was entertaining.

Nail on head. :) The episode sucked because the boy band member was so smug and self satisfied. One of those ones that really loves to hear his own voice. He dominated most of the episode with his beigeness and weak sauce interrogations.
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Oh Bob's story was brilliant. Worth the price of admission by itself, boyband member or no boyband member.
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's with all the Kian hate??? I think he's lovely and especially loved te reenactment of the singing with David obviously not knowing what he was doing! :D Loved Bob as well! :D
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a pretty well rounded episode, although Bob did steal the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting for someone to notice how much Lee Mack resembled Rigsby from Rising Damp with the clothes he was wearing. In the past, even Mack himself has mentioned that he looks a bit like Leonard Rossiter.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched and thought it was very funny again this week. Good all round contributions and I am a bit man-crushingly in love with Bob Mortimer. He's great.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The only other person with me every time was Kevin the bun seller" :D

brilliant!

K
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member

brilliant!

K

I was crying with laughter at that punchline. David is brilliant.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

brilliant!

K

That line had me rolling around with laughter. This show is the most consistently funny thing on the BBC nowadays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back on top form tonight !

I thought it was great from start to finish...........Miles and the cat, Ed and the pie, David bowling and elephant bothering.........

David was the star tonight !
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it my imagination, or did they used to get more into the show ? Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy the show, but the "stories" seem to go on longer so fewer of the guests get a chance. I would love to see the programme extended to 40/50 minutes, or even an hour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Emilia Fox even get a turn in any game tonight?
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it my imagination, or did they used to get more into the show ? Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy the show, but the "stories" seem to go on longer so fewer of the guests get a chance. I would love to see the programme extended to 40/50 minutes, or even an hour.

There are extended editions of Have I got News for You and QI but not for this :confused:

I know they do an extra show at the end of the series with some of the outtakes but there's clearly scope for an extra 15 minutes in each show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be better if they just had one guest on each team and mainly left it up to Lee and David