Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    I'd be interested to hear what Melanie Sykes is like, she comes across as a bit of a touchy cow on I'm a Celeb.
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Capaldi was lovely - very patient and friendly with fans
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested to hear what Melanie Sykes is like, she comes across as a bit of a touchy cow on I'm a Celeb.

That's an understatement. She's a horror. Perhaps her estranged hubbie will post!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's an understatement. She's a horror. Perhaps her estranged hubbie will post!

I met her once, not very pleasant.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got any stories about Paul Weller?

Not very nice I have heard.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member

I was being kind :D
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I met her once, not very pleasant.

Oooh care to tell us more? I get the impression she's all nice and smiles in the surface but vile once you scratch beneath.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    I've met David Heyman, producer of Harry Potter & Gravity. I'm a Potter fan and I was waiting to board a plane to Morocco when I recognised him, he was wearing the same cool jacket he wore in some of the behind the scenes of Harry Potter interviews. :D He was only a couple of seats away from me and he had paperwork with the Harry Potter logo on it as this was when they still had a couple more films to release, maybe I could have took a sneaky peak to see if there were any details on the Deathly Hallows films! Me and my dad got talking to him about various things and he was extremely kind and warm. Once we landed, he was more than happy to take a photo with me, one of the nicest people I've met.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    Oh do tell about Steve am all agog

Sorry, only just spotted this!

Basically he was a rude, incredibly entitled arse. As you can imagine it was quite a 'budget' situation... No frills at all. There was a couple of tents backstage for acts to change in/prepare in etc... it was decent weather so all the other acts were happy to sit around on little folding chairs in the sun backstage until they were to go on, provided with cheap refreshments, rehearse and warm up etc. Some acts, like Matt Willis, Chesney Hawkes, some girlband... All happy to sit and chat to each other, to staff, competition winners, drink squash & eat biscuits. The acts who weren't happy with this (Liberty X, for example), just asked me where the nearest pub was and what time they had to be back! BUT Brookstein was something else completely!

He was a monster about it. Turned up late, kicked off big time about some percieved issue with the sound (pretty sure he was miming too but not sure?), rude to everyone, loudly belittling staff, criticising all aspects of the event, moaning about everything, doing everything he could to draw attention to himself. His gf/wife, whom I remembered from the X Factor, looked mortified most of the time. He ended up going and sitting and sulking in his car until he was due on stage. Just vile. So unpleasant.
  • Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    While it's a bit much to read 180 pages, I'm disappointed to see so many stories that claim to be negative about certain people but aren't at all. Some celebrities are immensely shy and would prefer not to be lavished with attention, so if you're "blanked" by someone it doesn't automatically mean they're an arrogant prick, they just might not be in the mood for interaction. Other people may have had horrible or genuinely exhausting days so may not quite be as nice and smiley after six hours of autograph signings than they were at the start of the day.

Here's a few of mine, some may contradict posts by others in this thread but all are true:

Way back in the 1990s, Mark Speight in full 'Scratchy & Co' costume was energetically signing autographs to a huge crowd of kids in Battersea Park. Being a bit of a shy child at the time I wish I'd have spoke to him more given how things would turn out.

Ken Livingstone met me and a lot of locals on the day of the 1997 General Election (back when he was our local MP for Brent East) and was very jolly and friendly, but then given the circumstances of that day it would be hard not to be in a good mood. Twelve years later I saw him looking a bit moody on the Jubilee line at West Hampstead, which was a little heartbreaking.

I was in a TV show with Rik Mayall a couple of years after his motorcycle accident. Unsurprisingly he wasn't quite the manic persona you see on screen, but very quiet and polite.

Tom Baker at a Doctor Who signing in 2002. Still quite young at the time I was absolutely terrified, which he sensed straight away and immediately made me feel welcome. As did Katy Manning who played Jo Grant in the early 70s, even more so in her case who properly chatted with me for ages - given this was quite a few years before it returned to TV, I was the only person there under the age of about 20 (I was 14!) so I probably stood out from the crowd. Both fantastic people and a big highlight of my early teens to meet them.

Noel Edmonds I met on the set of Deal or No Deal in 2007. Despite some horror stories he was lovely! Happily met audience members and signed my book during a quick recording break, although he left soon after recording finished.

Keira Knightley and Lily Allen came to a theatre show I staffed on back in 2008. Both polar opposites, Keira trying to avoid attention by literally walking around with her hand over her face at points (which did the complete opposite and made her stood out by a mile), Lily sporting bright pink hair and happily smiling and talking with everyone.

I met Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer at a HMV signing for a Shooting Stars DVD. Bob was one of the loveliest I've ever met, warmly shaking your hand and chatting with you, Vic a little more reserved although he still said hi.

Charlie Brooks (Janine from Eastenders) went to my school and we were both at a reunion a few years back. Pleasantly lovely to all.

Mostly recently a guy called Alex Reid came to the cinema I work at in Wembley with his girlfriend. As I got them their tickets (for a film called Noah) they had a bit of a weird staged-sounding comedy 'argument' with each other as if they were on a TV show, which was a little odd but they were both nice enough and didn't mind waiting their turn in a massive Bank Holiday queue at the ticket desk, which is admirable. I didn't know who they were until I saw the starstruck look on my supervisor's face! We've had One Direction and Mutya Buena there too but sadly I wasn't on shift those days, so that's where my post ends :p
  • ICUDOICUDO Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I met Adam Bloom(although it could have been Jason Byrne, I don't know, I was drunk, and they look similar). Nice guy, even though he did steal a joke off me.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Sorry, only just spotted this!

Basically he was a rude, incredibly entitled arse. As you can imagine it was quite a 'budget' situation... No frills at all. There was a couple of tents backstage for acts to change in/prepare in etc... it was decent weather so all the other acts were happy to sit around on little folding chairs in the sun backstage until they were to go on, provided with cheap refreshments, rehearse and warm up etc. Some acts, like Matt Willis, Chesney Hawkes, some girlband... All happy to sit and chat to each other, to staff, competition winners, drink squash & eat biscuits. The acts who weren't happy with this (Liberty X, for example), just asked me where the nearest pub was and what time they had to be back! BUT Brookstein was something else completely!

He was a monster about it. Turned up late, kicked off big time about some percieved issue with the sound (pretty sure he was miming too but not sure?), rude to everyone, loudly belittling staff, criticising all aspects of the event, moaning about everything, doing everything he could to draw attention to himself. His gf/wife, whom I remembered from the X Factor, looked mortified most of the time. He ended up going and sitting and sulking in his car until he was due on stage. Just vile. So unpleasant.

I hope the job centre puts out a red carpet for him when he goes to sign on!! :D

Talk about having a big ego. He's a nobody!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    I hope the job centre puts out a red carpet for him when he goes to sign on!! :D

He's all over Twitter like a rash, promoting some tittle-tattle book he's written. Sounds like a very vindictive, bitter person.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »

He might apply to be on that home for almost forgotten no marks, Celebrity Big Brother, and get forgotten again when he is evicted.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    He might apply to be on that home for almost forgotten no marks, Celebrity Big Brother, and get forgotten again when he is evicted.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate snub if even CBB or I'm A Celebrity didn't even want you :D
  • alunrwalunrw Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Anyone got any stories about Paul Weller?

Met him a few times back in the Jam days, nice bloke who always had time for people,
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to hear about Bob Mortimer in Billy Hicks post. Ever since Big Night Out there was something about Bob for me. Just found him hilarious and appealing. No offence to Mr Moir, who I'm sure is perfectly nice, but Bob was my favourite and always sensed he was a really top lad.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people have this big hate for Hughie Green, OK he was a terrible parent and terrible to his partners, but my grandparents met him at a Butlins Opportunity Knocks roadshow in 1974 and said he was excellent towards the audience. Seemingly the public Hughie Green could be perfectly friendly, but in private life he was awful.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the general opinion on Nicolas Parsons?

I was told third hand that he had done the 'Do you know who I am' on a Wolverhampton traffic warden!
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »

I was told third hand that he had done the 'Do you know who I am' on a Wolverhampton traffic warden!

I wouldn't count being rude (allegedly) to traffic wardens, Wolverhamptonians or not, as being an indicator of anyone's character.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't count being rude (allegedly) to traffic wardens, Wolverhamptonians or not, as being an indicator of anyone's character.

Not in general terms but it never looks good when somebody of means has a go at somebody doing their job on about £18.000 a year.

Ian Wright done it once and made himself look a bigger Di-k then he already is.;-)
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member

Pulling the old (allegedly) "do you know who I am" on anyone is rude I would say. In fact I have never really understood why people have a go at traffic wardens in general as they're just doing their job, some may be more stringent than others but generally speaking that's how it works and if people are too stupid to understand that, that's their lookout. If drivers follow the rules and regulations then such situations are avoided. I work in a city centre and have witnessed some truly disgusting behaviour from the public so yes, I think it can be very indicative of a character.

Clearly in this case if Parsons said "do you know who I am" he was expecting the warden to take that into account for some bizarre reason.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would just LOVE someone to try that line with me!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I would just LOVE someone to try that line with me!

Me too dorydaryl.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    After meeting three of The Vamps last year, I finally got to speak to James yesterday, really lovely guy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

I love reading this but very rarely feel I can add to the thread. However I have a little story from years ago - nothing too exciting but it always made me smirk when I saw him on tv.

I worked for a cleaning company that had the contract for where Sale of the Century was filmed. When the ladies (all in their late 50's and early 60's) came to collect their wages each week, they would moan and moan about him. Their main gripe was that he was a 'dirty ole buggar' Now they meant that in the literal sense. He used to come off set and the first thing he would do would be to take his clothes off to change and fling them wherever they landed. Then would have a ciggie and stub out the ash into the posh china cups, not the ashtray. My little ladies used to find stinky socks on the cupboard tops, under units, on the shelves with the cups and kettle. The rest of his clothes would be abandoned next to, not in the linen bin and he would go off to his digs oblivious. On the occasion he asked one of the ladies to pick up after him. He would be told in broad Norfolk 'You must be kidding me! What your last slave die of?'