• maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    bevtemp wrote: »
    I don't :eek:

Reasons?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Amanda, she seems nice and she makes me laugh. Everyone always seems to say she has no right to be there because she doesn't have a talent, but she has appeared in musicals/TV shows etc. so presumably she can sing, act and dance and even if she did have no talent, then I don't see why that stops her from judging other people? :confused:

Some people think she won't be back next year but IMO there is no way that Simon will change the judges.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her ogling over male contestants makes me cringe.
    Her attempts at humour always fall flat.
    Her ocassional flashes of bitchiness are very telling (Buzzing Jamie Pugh)
    Her vanity has led to her looking like a Leslie Ash fembot.
    She cheated on the legend that is Les Dennis.
    With Neil Morrisey.
    There is a story about when she found a dead body and she was terribly disrespectful and self-obsessed that she only cared that the press printed the wrong age.
    She is fame-hungry (appearing on Blind Date- how vulgar)
    She seems to think she is some gay icon.
    Her TV shows were tosh- Wild at Heart was Heartbeat crossed with Born Free.
    She is not very bright.
    The show could easily survive without her (and Piers for that matter). If they had the Krankies and Su Pollard as judges this show would last.

I am not really a fan.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    With Neil Morrisey.
    There is a story about when she found a dead body and she was terribly disrespectful and self-obsessed that she only cared that the press printed the wrong age.
    She is not very bright.
    The show could easily survive without her (and Piers for that matter). If they had the Krankies and Su Pollard as judges this show would last.

I am not really a fan.

:D:D:D

And to that list you can add:
    Her hypocrisy - slag acts off to the NOTW then simpers over them on TV.
    She is clearly not a very good actress - after all if she was, she wouldn't be judging in BGT, would she? (Maybe they could get rid of her and ask Helen Mirren? Oops - I forgot, Mirren is good at her job)

Britain doesn't need fakes like thoroughly tragic Mandy and hopefully the Americans will hire her and she can disappear to Hollywood, never to be seen again.

Well, I can dream, can't I?;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her on BGT, she sexy, pretty, fun, great legs, and all round nice person.. It not be same if she left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an appreciation thread, guys. Some of you are posting negative comments.

And BTW this thread is beating the 'hate Amanda' threads. Irritating, isn't it? :D:D
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an Amanda fan! I don't understand why she incurs such wrath - alright, she hams it up for the camera with the teary eyes and wrinked nose, and apart from that, looks glamorous and not much else, but those are the requirements of the show, surely? I think she does what she does extremely well, and maybe does it slightly more tongue in cheek than Kelly Brooke, Cheryl Cole or Dannii Minogue. After all she is an actress (we won't go into the merits of programmes like Wild at Heart, which I have to admit is execrable!) so there you go, she's playing a part. What's the big deal? Honesty, sincerity and above all natural, ordinary looks are the last thing Simon Cowell would recruit anybody for. He just wants a token bimbo on the panel of every show he's on. Amanda is a professional and plays the part to perfection, I think she does a great job and doesn't deserve the vitriol she gets on here.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems like a good laugh and a nice enough girl, wouldn't kick out of the bed either. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Maybe they could get rid of her and ask Helen Mirren? Oops - I forgot, Mirren is good at her job

Really? How do you believe HM got on in the first place?

And I quote: < Mirren has frequently appeared nude on film as far back as her first film Age of Consent > in the 1960s
  • katinthehatkatinthehat Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm female and completely hetro(I think!) and I love Amanda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? How do you believe HM got on in the first place?

And I quote: < Mirren has frequently appeared nude on film as far back as her first film Age of Consent > in the 1960s

Yes. But that was art, dahling. ;)

I don't think she landed high profile gigs like The Queen and Prime Suspect just because she'd got her kit off.

And can you really imagine Thoroughly Magic Mandy in those kind of heavyweight roles? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Amanda. I think she makes a great judge, and is my favourite on the BGT pannel. I don't see why people dislike her so much, as she comes across as a very caring, down to earth woman-what is wrong with that?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Neil Morrisey.
    She is not very bright.

I am not really a fan.

Leslie Ash fembot!!LOLOLOLOL!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an Amanda fan! I don't understand why she incurs such wrath - alright, she hams it up for the camera with the teary eyes and wrinked nose, and apart from that, looks glamorous and not much else, but those are the requirements of the show, surely? I think she does what she does extremely well, and maybe does it slightly more tongue in cheek than Kelly Brooke, Cheryl Cole or Dannii Minogue. After all she is an actress (we won't go into the merits of programmes like Wild at Heart, which I have to admit is execrable!) so there you go, she's playing a part. What's the big deal? Honesty, sincerity and above all natural, ordinary looks are the last thing Simon Cowell would recruit anybody for. He just wants a token bimbo on the panel of every show he's on. Amanda is a professional and plays the part to perfection, I think she does a great job and doesn't deserve the vitriol she gets on here.

Oh, I'm not too sure about that. Sky showbiz seem to be under the impression Simon is interested in more than just having another Bimbo on the panel.
    To put it in layman's terms: Simon's wants Amanda to get jiggy with Mr Biggy."
    :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Yes. But that was art, dahling. ;)

I don't think she landed high profile gigs like The Queen and Prime Suspect just because she'd got her kit off.

And can you really imagine Thoroughly Magic Mandy in those kind of heavyweight roles? :eek:

I did say "got started", and there was nothing arty about her original roles. She simply got her kit off at a time when few others did... unimpressive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did say "got started", and there was nothing arty about her original roles. She simply got her kit off at a time when few others did... unimpressive

Oh, I don't know ... that depends on what you call art. :D

And she never had to resort to the likes of Simon Cowell to bolster her career because she wasn't getting acting work.
  • balverinebalverine Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vientre wrote: »
    Shes pretty good as a judge even though she sometimes comes out with statements that make her look slightly silly. Overall i like her and shes totally gorgeous to boot.

like when she sed about the escapologist 'not burning to death' Simon really obvioulsly corected her, and I would have been incredbly embarressed on live TV, but she seemed to take it in her stride! :eek: :D
    I love Amanda, I don't know what she has actually done that is so wrong... :(
  • balverinebalverine Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Neil Morrisey.
    She is not very bright.

I am not really a fan.

really? how? :confused::confused:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Neil Morrisey.
    She is not very bright.

I am not really a fan.

I hope you're joking?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balverine wrote: »
    really? how? :confused::confused:

When anything remotely camp comes up, she claps her hands like a seal on speed. Her purring over the Dreambears also confirmed my suspicion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I hope you're joking?

BGT, unlike the X Factor, is not at all driven by the judges. TXF actually relies upon it, but BGT could honestly be judged by anyone. I doubt anyone would give two hoots if Piers or Amanda were booted.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love amanda as a judge for bgt :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BGT, unlike the X Factor, is not at all driven by the judges. TXF actually relies upon it, but BGT could honestly be judged by anyone. I doubt anyone would give two hoots if Piers or Amanda were booted.

I would! I love the BGT judging panel. It's the best out of all the reality shows imo.