Options

Need to re-home my dog :(

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Please please don't advertise your dog on a website where she could end up anywhere. What you're going through is heartbreaking and I don't envy you - I could never give up my two dogs. There have been a couple of good suggestions on here which you don't say if you followed up on. One, someone mentioned the Dog Rescue Pages http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?act=idx
    Please post there with a picture of your dog. I got one of my dogs through this site and you will get many suggestions of help and possibly someone looking for a dog just like yours. Also have you tried Many Tears in Wales, also suggested by a couple of people.

Good luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your parents are a bit arsey. After all you've been through, they're still making you get rid of the dog as well.

You should definitely try to some kind of compromise. People are so averse to dogs for no good reason. Don't give her up just because people are being unreasonable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your parents are a bit arsey. After all you've been through, they're still making you get rid of the dog as well.

You should definitely try to some kind of compromise. People are so averse to dogs for no good reason. Don't give her up just because people are being unreasonable.

My thoughts exactly
  • Options
    ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a sad situation, wish your parents were understanding
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a lovely family/pet dog which unfortunately as the title says, must be re homed pretty soon.
    Me, my partner and son have just had to move back in with my parents because of the current financial situation where we could no longer afford our rented property and fell in to some debt, therefore have no idea how long we will be here for. Main problem is, my parents won't allow the dog in the house so she has to live in the outshed/utility room where, because she is used to being constantly around people and being in the same room, I don't think it's fair on her to suddenly have no attention or much of our time.

I've had her advertised on many web sites now and had a couple of people come to see her but weren't suited, but is proving to be very difficult to re-home her, mostly because I think were so far from main populated areas being in the country in N.Wales (had many people calling from London, Cardiff, Blackpool, Kent etc,)

I was wondering if anyone here have any advice on what to do next, ie. would dog rescue centres/RSPCA be able to take her off me? Or at least any centres that help to re-home?

It's going to be difficult whatever as I want a good home for her and won't just give her to anyone. :(

Are you not eligible for Benefits, to help with the Rent, Im sure your agent will help you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you have found a home for your dog or not. I advertised my dog for rehoming on 'Preloved' they have a section for pets, (I didn't rehome in the end through them but did get lots of interest) their adds are free and seem to attract people all over the country. just google Preloved.

The young woman who deals with their 'pet adds' contacted me directly when i was forced to rehomemy dog to see if there was any way she could help me. I thought this was really nice of her.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if you have found a home for your dog or not. I advertised my dog for rehoming on 'Preloved' they have a section for pets, (I didn't rehome in the end through them but did get lots of interest) their adds are free and seem to attract people all over the country. just google Preloved.

The young woman who deals with their 'pet adds' contacted me directly when i was forced to rehomemy dog to see if there was any way she could help me. I thought this was really nice of her.

you would hope so the thread is three years old
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is from January 2009, almost four years old.

How and why do they get resurrected? People must trawl back page after page and then comment on something four years old.:eek:
  • Options
    xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How and why do they get resurrected? People must trawl back page after page and then comment on something four years old.:eek:

they dont have a life lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

xmodz10 wrote: »
    they dont have a life lol

Don't be so mean! I expect they just use the search facility, but then don't notice the date when they find a relevant thread. :p
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member

Great...so I just took the time to gather links of reputable rescues for the OP. :rolleyes:

I don't mind general threads being resurrected, but when it's advice on a specific problem that will have been dealt with years ago it really irritates me.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read this I was interested to see what happened , did a search and found the OP must have got someone to look after the dog but did get it back a few months later when they moved, so a happy ending.
    We've just moved into our own place and finally had our dog back (had a thread on here months ago about how we might of had to get rid of her etc if anyone remembers) which is a relief.
    Anyhow, it's been about 3 days and today we discovered these white spots around her face, mainly around her nose. They look alot like white bun seeds. Had a look on the net for anything about 'whiteheads' on dogs when we realised these 'spots' were little ticks.

We managed to get three out entirely, but there must be close to about 20-30 on her face alone. I doubt we can keep her still any longer to remove the rest as she's already had enough, but I'm now worried about how many is on her body where the hair is longer and we can't see them.

Anyone have any suggestions? She's only had access to our back garden which was cut (as it was like a jungle when we moved in) before she came home. No access to other animals either as our garden is enclosed.

:(
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Having read this I was interested to see what happened , did a search and found the OP must have got someone to look after the dog but did get it back a few months later when they moved, so a happy ending.

Been a rubbish day, so turning up that snippit of good news had made me smile. Thanks skp - lovely to know it all turned out OK (if ticky):)