Options

No Alfie, No Kat.

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
Forum Member
✭✭
As much as I would like to see Shane Richie leave EE he would quickly be followed by Jessie Wallace as both Jessie & Shane love working with each other.

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and if the queen vic was demolished they would have no pub to drink in
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thread title needs to be read in a Bob Marley singing voice.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Double result then ;)
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    No one is bigger than the show. I think Kat is dragged down by Alfie. I wonder who is the most vocal in saying they want to work together? I really don't like the way Alfie is acted by Shane Richie. Without Kat there isn't much scope for Alfie. I think Kat is a stronger character and I would like a new storyline for her without him.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    :D That made me chuckle.

I think this would happen too, sadly. I want to see Kat on her own, but I think the actors are of the opinion the characters don't work without one another now, which we know is false. I even think Alfie would work on his own.
    [URL=" http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2055520"]"Your Favourite EastEnders Character - 10th Anniversary Edition (Round 1, Group 3) "[/URL]
  • Options
    paxton7paxton7 Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Alfie, I think he gets too much stick, but I think I would at this point like to see him go for Kat's sake. He is very limiting to her. Kat still has so much potential but Alfie leaving would open up so many more avenues for her.

I don't think Jessie would quit if they released Shane. She is a single mother for one thing, financial security for herself and her daughter would surely come before friendship to Shane.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I think Kat works well without Alfie but I do love them together and I don't know if I could get used to Kat being someone's else's wife but Alfie's and he will ALWAYS be part of her life whether people like it or not because they have the children and even though Tommy isn't Alfie's he's his last link to Michael.

I quite agree that if Shane leaves there's a chance Jessie might too, as they have a great friendship as well as great chemistry on screen and i'd say that they would have equal say in working together and I think Shane does a good job as Alfie but he needs better writing.

And anyway...

No Alfie, no Kat and no me on this forum!
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I think Kat works well without with Alfie but I do love them together and I don't know if I could get used to Kat being someone's else's wife but Alfie's and he will ALWAYS be part of her life whether people like it or not because they have the children and even though Tommy isn't Alfie's he's his last link to Michael.

I quite agree that if Shane leaves Jessie will too, but they have a great friendship as well as great chemistry on screen and i'd say that they would have equal say in working together and I think Shane does a good job as Alfie but he needs better writing.

And anyway...

I hope you wouldn't leave the forum :( I like reading your posts and you seem like a nice person :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I hope you wouldn't leave the forum :( I like reading your posts and you seem like a nice person :)

Aw, thanks!

I wouldn't want to leave but what would I do without Shane Richie/Alfie to defend?

My main job here is sticking up for this buffoon and i'd be lost without him!
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

:D:D Bravo!
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, thanks!

I wouldn't want to leave but what would I do without Shane Richie/Alfie to defend?

My main job here is sticking up for this buffoon and i'd be lost without him!

You're a good laugh Retro, don't go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    You're a good laugh Retro, don't go!

I probably won't leave but life on here just won't be the same without Alfie/Shane to champion!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and if the queen vic was demolished they would have no pub to drink in

Neither would anyone else!

So let's hope that Alfie doesn't take it up on himself to burn the place down in revenge on Linda for reporting Kat to social services!
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread got my hopes up. I love Kat but would be prepared to lose her to see the back of Alfie.

The only way I could cope with him staying is if they stop glossing over his near breakdown in the lead up to the arson (and then its aftermath) and address it properly. Shane Richie is more than capable of dealing with more dramatic material and Jessie Wallace is totally wasted (pun sort of intended) in drunken slapper mode.

What could have been a huge storyline has been completely lost in the fallout from Linda's rape and the Lucy reveal.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    No one is bigger than the show. I think Kat is dragged down by Alfie. I wonder who is the most vocal in saying they want to work together? I really don't like the way Alfie is acted by Shane Richie. Without Kat there isn't much scope for Alfie. I think Kat is a stronger character and I would like a new storyline for her without him.

I agree I would definately keep Kat after Alfie leaves.
  • Options
    MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Kat and Alfie but I also really liked it when he was with Roxy! I thought it was actually a good pairing! I saw some old clips the other day when Alfie first came to the square and he really was a breath of fresh air at the time. I don't know why Shane Ritchie gets so much flack, I think he's good in Eastenders and I hope he does stick around for a while. I also hope he get's some uplifting storylines at some point, I'd like to see original Alfie back - even if only for a short time!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Let's hope they both stay then. We are already short of established male character, we can't afford to lose anymore. He has suffered from dreadful s/ls for couple of years now, they need to repair him, and his relationship with Kat.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone should talk Jessie out of it or introduce a new character who she enjoys working with to replace Shane before getting rid of Alfie. They need to stop with the Kat and Alfie. If this does happen Alfie should be killed of and Kat leaves unable to remain in the square due to memories of the fire and Alfie. I'd rather kat stay though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kat works well without Alfie but I do love them together and I don't know if I could get used to Kat being someone's else's wife but Alfie's and he will ALWAYS be part of her life whether people like it or not because they have the children and even though Tommy isn't Alfie's he's his last link to Michael.

I quite agree that if Shane leaves there's a chance Jessie might too, as they have a great friendship as well as great chemistry on screen and i'd say that they would have equal say in working together and I think Shane does a good job as Alfie but he needs better writing.

And anyway...

Don't leave of the characters do. There's more characters on the square and you've got to atleast like a few other ee would be unbearble for you. Also I like your posts on hear despite our opposite opinions on Alfie ;)
  • Options
    blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they both stay. They are characters with rich and successful history on the show. I don't think they've necessarily been used and deployed in the most effective fashion over the past 18 months. However, in certain episodes they have shone, and they will always interest me more than certain other characters. They are characters that are intrinsically linked and have a organic and natural chemistry, and that's not easy to get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't leave of the characters do. There's more characters on the square and you've got to atleast like a few other ee would be unbearble for you. Also I like your posts on hear despite our opposite opinions on Alfie ;)

I probably won't go, I think we all get a bit fed up sometimes and need a break but this forum is addicting so people come back again!

I mean, it was only last week that you was going to leave and here you are back again and you have some good posts as well.

If Alfie leaves there will probably be another 'loser' for me to champion, I don't know who though.

I do like the other characters in EE but the Slater/Moons are my faves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I probably won't go, I think we all get a bit fed up sometimes and need a break but this forum is addicting so people come back again!

I mean, it was only last week that you was going to leave and here you are back again and you have some good posts as well.

My break was more until things calmed down from that thread :P i had to post once live week finished though :P

Everyone does need a break and Mormongirl is now on one.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at the moment kat is going round in circles. She's not moved forward and its just embarrassing to watch. Surely Jessie is wondering same and its only at matter of time before she decides to either take a break or leave for good. Alfie was a good character but then he was ruined by fire incident so he should leave as well.
  • Options
    bunny93bunny93 Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Most of their story lines involve eachother so neither of them have a place on the show if the other went, in my opinion
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither would be a loss in my opinion. I haven't liked a single storyline they've had since they returned. Alfie always annoyed me and Kat should have been left in the past Angie style so viewers would always have fond memories of her. I can't stand the vicious slag these days and wouldn't miss her. A far cry from the days when she was one of my favourites.