fear the walking dead

Now that the show has been officially announced as " Fear the walking dead"

I thought we could have a thread.

Do you think we will have a show that's a carbon copy of the walking dead?

I've a feeling we could end up with someone trying to find a cure for the pandemic and we follow their battles to stay alive.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a638523/the-walking-dead-spinoff-to-be-titled-fear-the-walking-dead.html

Comments

• MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I'm all for it, I can't get enough of the walking dead! I think they will create a show with obvious similarities but different enough to be just as good
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for it, I can't get enough of the walking dead! I think they will create a show with obvious similarities but different enough to be just as good

I'm looking forward to it, anyone know when it starts?
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it, I'm happy to see more stories in this World, with different scenarios, heroes and villains, not overly keen on the name though, would have preferred something new, but I guess Walking Dead is the franchise.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Name is awful. Whether this show will be as successful as the walking dead only time will Tell. Since this will start from the beginning i assume none of the original cast will be making cameos.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently there is going to be a trailer after this season's final episode.
    Can't see the trailer being much though, maybe just some stock zombie footage then some voice over or on screen blood writing saying the fear continues in the fear of the walking dead.
    ................Coming 2015/2016
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Name is awful. Whether this show will be as successful as the walking dead only time will Tell. Since this will start from the beginning i assume none of the original cast will be making cameos.

There was a rumour about
    cast going the other way though with a Cast member of "Fear TWD" supposedly appearing in Season 6 of TWD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there is going to be a trailer after this season's final episode.
    Can't see the trailer being much though, maybe just some stock zombie footage then some voice over or on screen blood writing saying the fear continues in the fear of the walking dead.
    ................Coming 2015/2016

Wishful thinking, but hopefully it will start just after TWD 5 ends, have a mid season break when TWD 6 starts and then resume when TWD 6 breaks for mid season, that would fit in with 2015/2016:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XXRunXX wrote: »
    Wishful thinking, but hopefully it will start just after TWD 5 ends, have a mid season break when TWD 6 starts and then resume when TWD 6 breaks for mid season, that would fit in with 2015/2016:D

Season 1 of Fear TWD is only 6 episodes long. When do you want your mid season break, after Ep 3 or can you wait till Ep 4? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Season 1 of Fear TWD is only 6 episodes long. When do you want your mid season break, after Ep 3 or can you wait till Ep 4? :D

:D Oh perhaps not then :blush:
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this.......

I want more of TWD World but I'm beginning to wonder if they've gone as far as they can with the current characters......
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit worried its going to be a flop. The parent show can often be very inconsistent in quality so if this show starts as a slow burn like some of the arcs on the main show, then viewers may not have the patience to wait. I'll be giving it a shot though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried its going to be a flop. The parent show can often be very inconsistent in quality so if this show starts as a slow burn like some of the arcs on the main show, then viewers may not have the patience to wait. I'll be giving it a shot though.

I think the first season will be a hit as it's showing us something (apart from the odd webisode or flashback) we never saw in the original show, that being the initial out break and the reaction to it.

It's when we get a few months into the outbreak that the spin off will have to come up with something else to keep it different from TWD.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the title is so crap and unimaginative. But i can't wait for it. But it needs to provide something different to its parent show..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    it can be a total win or total fail, I have often wondered what's happening around the rest of the world, i'm guessing this new one will be usa again though. it'd be interesting to see it from a different group although I can't see it being any different than the typical loop of running, finding a safe haven, zombies or people destroy it and back to the start. I just hope it can keep it entertaining.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it can be a total win or total fail, I have often wondered what's happening around the rest of the world, i'm guessing this new one will be usa again though. it'd be interesting to see it from a different group although I can't see it being any different than the typical loop of running, finding a safe haven, zombies or people destroy it and back to the start. I just hope it can keep it entertaining.

This one is aparently set in LA.
    The title is rubbish, however i'm all for more TWD. Plus as I've read all the comics it will be nice to see something fresh that I will have no idea what will happen.
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love the spin off to be all about the start of the infection or whatever it is. Have humanity still standing etc as thats one story the walking dead has not told.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't it set in los angeles? Gonna be strange seeing it from the beginning though. They've never explained how it all happened have they?
    why didn't they just call it fear of the walking dead.
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish it was set outside the US that would have been really good. I'm still going to watch it, I'm hoping it's on FOX over here too.

Also will be good to watch without having to be faithful to source material.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wowboy wrote: »
    I wish it was set outside the US that would have been really good. I'm still going to watch it, I'm hoping it's on FOX over here too.

Also will be good to watch without having to be faithful to source material.

Yes I would have enjoyed another country, but TBH if this one also becomes a major Success, you could see them doing more all over the place, fingers-crossed. May actually get British actors playing Brits, which would be a novelty:o

I didn't know this series had already been commissioned for 2 series, guess they're pretty confident.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    There was a rumour about
    cast going the other way though with a Cast member of "Fear TWD" supposedly appearing in Season 6 of TWD.

They also mentioned that unique zombies from season 4 would get explained where they come from in FTWD. I'm guessing they meant the silver-eyed zombies that spread that disease. I'm guessing someone IS trying to make a cure, and these diseased ones are the result of it going wrong...?
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Bit of a weird name to be honest, should have gone with something else. Whether it'll be a copy or not I don't know, I suppose they can tell an original story, but even then, zombies are zombies - guess it depends where they plan on taking the characters.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute shit title. They had to get The Walking Dead in there so the best they could think of was to put Fear before it?? Hopefully the episodes aren't as lame.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Should have gone with the Turning (or Turned) Dead maybe? Maybe the Walking Virus? The Walking Infected? Shit title indeed.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,874
    Forum Member
    They also mentioned that unique zombies from season 4 would get explained where they come from in FTWD. I'm guessing they meant the silver-eyed zombies that spread that disease. I'm guessing someone IS trying to make a cure, and these diseased ones are the result of it going wrong...?

That would be interesting, there seemed to be talk about the silver eyed zombies in the early days but not so much lately.