Dodgy Bloke returned my bag

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
Forum Member
Hi All

I am worried about a situation that is happening at the moment and not sure if i should report to the police or if i do what could they do.
On Sat 11th Dec i went out for my Christmas party, ended up at a club and (thought) i lost my bag about 20min before closing, we looked everywhere for it in the club and my work friend kept trying the phone but no luck.
On Sunday i cancelled all my cards and arranged a locksmith for the door. We tried to call the club to see if the bag had been handed in but no luck, we also tried to call the phone but it was switched off. Anyway on Tuesday night at 10.30 there was a knock at the door and two men returned my bag with everything in it, i was so happy, but i could seem to get a story out of them where they had found it as they didnt speak very good English. (the bag didnt have any marks on it either) now they have started phoning me, my husband and my work friend, texting, and have even sent her a picture of his "bits" last night :eek:
She has texted back and told him that she has reported it to the police (she hasnt) but he did text back asking why :eek:
Now should we wait a couple of days to see if the texts and that stop or should we call the police now.
Quite worried about this as its really weird. :(
Advice please

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I'd say wait and see if all texts and communications stop.

But if you get one more, call the police.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep the texts and pictures, report it now to the Police, give them the sim cards as proof,and buy new sim cards for the phones and change to the new number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you go through with getting the locks changed?

If you didn't (because you got the keys back) do it now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    got my locks changed yesterday, my friend has deleted the pictures and texts as she was disgusted

Its quite disturbing
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did they know where to bring the bag back to?
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    How did they know where to bring the bag back to?

driving licesnse has name, address, d.o.b, photo and signature on it
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    There is a possible risk of ID fraud too. Maybe worth running a credit check soon.
    Forum Member
    cant believe this is happening, what a nightmare :cry:
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Definatley go to the police. Since when was it legal to harass someone and send them rude pictures?
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon they just expected a tip and were pissed off when they didn't get rewarded. The treat of reporting them to police will probably get rid of them, if not you can actually report them. Maybe they nick people's bags as a way of getting chatting to women - who knows?
    Forum Member
    We did offer them money and they wouldnt accept it
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd speak to the police about it, this is unacceptable. I wonder if they took your bag with the sole intention of getting to know you? Sending obscene texts and messages is dreadful. Phone your local police station this afternoon and speak to someone about what has been happening.
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes speak to the police OP, just to be sure that if there is any further ID fraud then it's reported, it might make it easier to deal with your bank in case they've done anything stupid. It might be worth a call to the DVLA to see if they advice replacing the driving licence
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022085
    Forum Member
    I'd speak to the police about it, this is unacceptable. I wonder if they took your bag with the sole intention of getting to know you? Sending obscene texts and messages is dreadful. Phone your local police station this afternoon and speak to someone about what has been happening.

I know how wrong! As if sending rude pics would make us want to talk to a stranger !
    Forum Member
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    Yes speak to the police OP, just to be sure that if there is any further ID fraud then it's reported, it might make it easier to deal with your bank in case they've done anything stupid. It might be worth a call to the DVLA to see if they advice replacing the driving licence
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022085

Even if i replace my licence, not sure what that would do as it would just be the same as before :confused:
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call the police right now.
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosiekat wrote: »
    Even if i replace my licence, not sure what that would do as it would just be the same as before :confused:

I'm an old school paper lience holder as I've been driving too long so I bet that your licence is already a photocard so probably no point on reflection. Sorry I keep forgetting there is a whole modern world out there :)
    Forum Member
    but all i have is a phone number, no name, no address
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you phoned your police station yet rkat?

Well done for getting your locks changed so quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call the police and let them know what happened. They'll be able to give you the best advice on what to do re your phone, cards, etc.
    Forum Member
    Have already cancelled my cards and got new one, and i have a new sim as well
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosiekat wrote: »
    Have already cancelled my cards and got new one, and i have a new sim as well
    I still think you should report what happened - they could be known to the police already. It's certainly odd what has happened since you got your stuff back, and someone else could be really intimated by getting photos of boy bits on their phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should really report it, there may be a new scam about that may still be in progress regarding what's happened to you but you haven't seen the full affects yet. Sorry, I don't mean to frighten you but you can't be too careful these days.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    driving licesnse has name, address, d.o.b, photo and signature on it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speigel wrote: »
    call the police right now.

what he said