Is Lana Del Rey the most talented star of the last few years??

124»

Comments

• spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That poster was indicating LDR writing lyrics meant she was the major songwriter

No one is saying LDR is not talented but she dont write her own songs and she is not the most talented female of the last few years by a long way.

I never said Lana was the most talented but I believe she's apart of a talented group of individuals who have emerged in the last few years. As predicted, it seems you're choosing ignore that she doesn't write her own lyrics
    ‘But for me I’ve been an artist for a long time. I’ve been a writer since I was seven… I can’t do much else. I wrote every word on my album... There is nothing that I didn’t write,’ she said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lana_Del_Rey_songs
    http://delrey.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Unreleased_Songs

Check both of these links, both list songs that she has wrote by herself. She has wrote two full albums with no contributors. The reason the others are credited on the tracks is because they helped arrange the song. Lana is the main brain behind her lyrics. Yes she has obviously co-wrote on a few but lets stop pretending that she doesn't write songs herself when clearly she does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Yawn. It's a sign there's not much happening with Adele at the moment (for obvious reasons), GL. Is Lana your new 'target'? :p

But we must thank GL, she is an indicator of a further success of Lana. :)
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    rbautz wrote: »
    But we must thank GL, she is an indicator of a further success of Lana.

This is the absolute truth. As soon as GL gets obsessed with hating on an artist you know they've already made it :D
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very much so, most real and fresh artist full stop actually.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Was strolling through Piccadilly Circus today, and it seems that H&M have gone all out with their advertising. LANA DEL REY EVERYWHERE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never said Lana was the most talented but I believe she's apart of a talented group of individuals who have emerged in the last few years. As predicted, it seems you're choosing ignore that she doesn't write her own lyrics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lana_Del_Rey_songs
    http://delrey.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Unreleased_Songs

Check both of these links, both list songs that she has wrote by herself. She has wrote two full albums with no contributors. The reason the others are credited on the tracks is because they helped arrange the song. Lana is the main brain behind her lyrics. Yes she has obviously co-wrote on a few but lets stop pretending that she doesn't write songs herself when clearly she does.

I dont think she is apart from anyone, she is a very simular artist to adele although in my opinion is slightly more talented then adele.
    You keep going on about lyrics all the time, no one is arguing LDR dont write her lyrics but as I said to that other poster writing lyrics dont make you a song writer it makes you a lyricist.
    Its a big step up from writing lyrics to composing a whole album of self penned songs.

No one is slagging LDR just stating a fact that she is not the most talented artist over the last few years, she has not done enough for starters to even be in consideration. She is in the line but down the pecking order.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think she is apart from anyone, she is a very simular artist to adele although in my opinion is slightly more talented then adele.
    You keep going on about lyrics all the time, no one is arguing LDR dont write her lyrics but as I said to that other poster writing lyrics dont make you a song writer it makes you a lyricist.
    Its a big step up from writing lyrics to composing a whole album of self penned songs.

No one is slagging LDR just stating a fact that she is not the most talented artist over the last few years, she has not done enough for starters to even be in consideration. She is in the line but down the pecking order.

"She is a very simular artist to adele" - I stopped reading after that.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Love them both but apart from both being female and singer-songwriters you couldn't get 2 more polar opposite artists as Adele and Lana.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. She isn't. Especially not in terms of vocals. She is an alright writer, but so are Adele and Jessie J. There are quite a few that surpass her in vocal ability as well like Emeli Sande, Jessie J, and as much as I don't like her, Rita Ora. She also lacks in stage presence, which is hard in itself. Jessie J and Ellie Goulding both way surpass Lana's stage presence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    No. She isn't. Especially not in terms of vocals. She is an alright writer, but so are Adele and Jessie J. There are quite a few that surpass her in vocal ability as well like Emeli Sande, Jessie J, and as much as I don't like her, Rita Ora. She also lacks in stage presence, which is hard in itself. Jessie J and Ellie Goulding both way surpass Lana's stage presence.

No doubt about it, she has vocal flaws, but in my opinion if she has a good day her middle range is as beautiful as it can gets.

Stage pressence? I think she has her own charisma and thats make her uniqe. Like someone else e.g. joe cocker, terrible moving man but stage pressence and uniqe. Adele many says she is boring but a unique stage presence. Lana has a own stage presence look Hackney on youtube but it's not for everyone, but that apply to all artists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    No doubt about it, she has vocal flaws, but in my opinion if she has a good day her middle range is as beautiful as it can gets.

Stage pressence? I think she has her own charisma and thats make her uniqe. Like someone else e.g. joe cocker, terrible moving man but stage pressence and uniqe. Adele many says she is boring but a unique stage presence. Lana has a own stage presence look Hackney on youtube but it's not for everyone, but that apply to all artists.

That's true. Like some people like Paloma Faith's stage presence, but I think she is incredibly boring to watch, even when she moves around. I have to be captivated and it doesn't require dancing, just something special that makes you not turn away. A lot of singers don't have it so some dance to make up for it and others just do nothing.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol.....Rita Ora isn't worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the ethereal Del Rey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Love them both but apart from both being female and singer-songwriters you couldn't get 2 more polar opposite artists as Adele and Lana.

Well to clarify, both sing dull, boring, forgettable songs... happy now ;)

And of course to most men (and some women:o) would guess LDR is far easier on the eye:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    lol.....Rita Ora isn't worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the ethereal Del Rey.
    She has a good voice. She uses it poorly and is annoying as hell, but she has a good voice. She's all technique with zero emotion. It's so irritating hearing her covers. Technique is good, but sometimes she should just let go and her runs are awful. She tries to sound like Jessie J or Xtina, but hers sound so forced and unnatural.