Comments

• Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Indeed. I've been engaged with this story since the beginning, but this has risen my interest a bit more.

Surely they're not actually going to make Den Sharon's biological father... are they?
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les???hope not though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Stanley
  • Options
    LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Could Sharon's father be... Pete Beale?

Pete and Den were best friends.

Could Ian and Sharon be brother and sister?

I really hope it's not Den given Dennis/Denny.

It's all very intriguing!
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't make Den Sharon's dad, that would make Dennis her biological half brother and Denny the result of incest...

I wasn't a viewer in the 80s (too young), but what's known of Den's family? Maybe Sharon was Den's niece? (making Dennis a cousin and legally sound).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil?
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LilyB wrote: »
    Could Sharon's father be... Pete Beale?

Pete and Den were best friends.

Could Ian and Sharon be brother and sister?

I really hope it's not Den given Dennis/Denny.

It's all very intriguing!

I'm not sure Kathy would be too happy, as it would mean he cheated on her!
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Interesting.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    Indeed. I've been engaged with this story since the beginning, but this has risen my interest a bit more.

Surely they're not actually going to make Den Sharon's biological father... are they?

I highly doubt it. They wouldn't have included the possibility, with the solicitor promising it isn't, with the picture if that was the case.

I wouldn't mind it being Les, but I do wish Roger Sloman would tone down his delivery a bit. Imagine if he is, with both him and Letitia both hamming it up to the extreme*, they'd be a force to be reckoned with (and maybe not in a good way.) :D

Pete could be an interesting one, and they do seem to be making a big effort to tie the Mitchells and Beales together even more than they already were, ready for Kathy's return.

*No offence to Letitia, she pulls it off and I love her for it but while Sloman can deliver the odd good scene, it can feel forced at times.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den being her bio dad is out of the question it practically would retcon her whole background and it would make Denny the result of incest and even I don't think they would go there.

Pete Beale did spring to my mind too but again it retconning established facts that happen on screen and doesn't make much sense to the little we do know about Sharon's birth father which is practically nothing granted, Pete was about mid twenties when Ian was born, wasn't Kathy about 16 when she had Ian herself.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's someone closer to home, as the solicitor says, it rules out the possibility that Gavin Sullivan (Kathy's husband) is her dad. He is an unseen character with no links to Walford.

Les Coker's only (unseen) past was that he knew Pat. It would certainly propel him into a more important role as the biological father of Sharon.

Other than that, one would have to reel off a long list of male EE characters from the 80s and maybe the 90s to get somewhere.

Imagine if her dad turned out to be Frank Butcher. Would be quite surreal, making her half-sister to Janine, Ricky, Diane and Clare:o Frank was no saint so it wouldn't be completely impossible to imagine him having an affair. The woman in question just happened to be Carol Hanley.

Reg Cox would be pretty momentous.

Not sure about Pete Beale, although it would create a family tie to her dear friend Ian. We can safely rule out Den Watts, Jim Branning and Archie Mitchell as they're not going to go down the incestuous route (married Dennis and has his child, was in a relationship with Jack, and she's currently married to Phil).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be good if they made stan sharons dad So her and shirley are sisters lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reg Cox's?
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stanley

I hope not. They've given the Carters way too much. I don't want an EE original being biologically related to them.

Reg Cox or Frank Butcher would be quite intriguing.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :D I still think it's Fat Elvis.

Seriously though, could it have been Derek Branning?
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Branning ;)
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is obviously Ben Mitchell.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete Beale was my first thought as that would make Sharon and Ian half siblings. It would be so funny though if Phil's Dad turns out to be her Dad! Lol. That means Sharon has slept with both her half brothers! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The thing that interests me the most is
    Den asking to adopt Sharon in particular

Does any one know how old Sharon was when they adopted her? And I read somewhere that Sharons dad is named Gavin, do we know that for sure?
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Ooh this is getting so good! Who could the daddy be!?
  • Options
    LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does any one know how old Sharon was when they adopted her? And I read somewhere that Sharons dad is named Gavin, do we know that for sure?

Back in 1985 I'm sure it said she was 4 because I remember thinking she was quite old (for that time period anyway).

This could of since been reconneed or my memory could be rusty. I don't watch EE these days but having just read about this in Soap Scoop I am intrigued
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Years ago it was said he was called Gavin but now his name hasn't been mentioned just Sharon keeps going on about looking for her real dad but no mention in conversations this time round he's called Gavin so it will probably be another Retcon from Dominic Treadwell Collins.
  • Options
    LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Adam Woodyatt spoke of emotional scenes with Letitia Dean in the Sarah Phelps episode. The idea of Ian and Sharon as brother and sister is pretty mind blowing.
  • Options
    grangehilllovergrangehilllover Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why, but I'm thinking the Beale's and for some reason, I'm leading myself to believe Pete is her dad. Den and Pete were friends since teenagers and Sharon is slightly older than Ian (before they aged him up a year), so he and Sharon's mum could've had a fling? Pete could've known of Sharon's birth and that she was in care/up for adoption, so he confided in Den. Pete was with Kathy and had Ian whilst Den and Angie couldn't have children and like the article said, Den particularly wanted to adopt Sharon, so maybe he and Pete thought of something and it was the closest Pete got to knowing and not loosing Sharon.

It probably seems random, but I'm thinking this. If this did turn out to be the case, that would make her best friend Michelle her cousin, her half sister Vicki her 2nd cousin (or first cousin once removed cousin?)