Back to the start ?

Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We had the time war and Galifrey in DOTD and we had the doctors former friend and rival time lord the master return in female form as missy in S8. So could this mean we get to find out who the doctor was before he became the "doctor" ?. 11 said his name wasa promise. 12 said love is a promise in DIH. Being called "doctor" is also a metaphor the people he tries to help and protect are his " patients". Course some he loses others he gets close to and they become his companions. S9 might be when he finally returns home and we also get the return of missy. Would like to see that. :):p

Comments

• be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see what a secret identity would really add? What does it matter if the Doctor was really called Globscorn Bumbleback or Keith Davies at some point?

A secret identity would only have an impact if the Doctor turned out to be another existing character we have already seen. Which would be awful.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had the time war and Galifrey in DOTD and we had the doctors former friend and rival time lord the master return in female form as missy in S8. So could this mean we get to find out who the doctor was before he became the "doctor" ?. 11 said his name wasa promise. 12 said love is a promise in DIH. Being called "doctor" is also a metaphor the people he tries to help and protect are his " patients". Course some he loses others he gets close to and they become his companions. S9 might be when he finally returns home and we also get the return of missy. Would like to see that. :):p

The Doctor may need a little love, love has many meanings, understanding, so which meaning is appropriate for The Doctor?:confused:
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Actually I've always thought that The Doctor's real name was Zaphod Beeblebrox.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Actually I've always thought that The Doctor's real name was Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Hmmm... maybe we're seeing him when he only had the two arms and the one head and he called himself Phil... :D:D