Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Would you really try and sneak out on someone you are in a relationship with like that? Sounds like the walk of shame to me:D
    Well, it wouldn't be the first song where someone does that, by any means...
    For example, the famous "By The Time I Get To Phoenix", http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/glencampbell/bythetimeigettophoenix.html, is all about that; and even our brilliant 2007 entry, Leave Me Alone, begins with
    "I'll have to leave, but you are still sleeping
    There's nothing to say, our time has run out..."
    (And continues with "You took me to bed, that's what you were seeking, but you don't even care what I am about", so talking about racy lyrics that sure beats GTY ;))
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Really? :o

Wiwi blogs reported it a few days ago, she would have been amazing in melfest and she is part Swede but it would have been strange.
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DMGP 2015 Top 10

1 - Anti Social Media - The Way You Are
    2 - Anne Gadegård - Suitcase
    3 - Tina & René - Mi Amore
    4 - World of Girls - Summer Without You
    5 - Cecilie Alexandra - Hotel A
    6 - Sara Sukurani - Love Me Love Me
    7 - Babou - Manjana
    8 - Julie Bjerre - Tæt På Mine Drømme
    9 - Marcel & Soulman Group - Når Veje Krydses
    10 - Andy Roda - Love is Love

What an embarrassing time it is to be a Dane. I’m not proud.

There are for me 3 songs that I like enough to not mind them winning. Anti Social Media is brilliant because it’s catchy, uplifting without being generic and suggesting something original. Suitcase is nice, also because it’s different, all in simplicity and I think that’s what people like about it. Tina & René is something we’ve seen before, but I like it because it’s of good quality.

Then come two songs that are just decent. World of Girls is less generic than other s here, and is quite a happy and catchy one, while it may be a bit too ‘sugar-sweet’. Hotel A has potential, but I feel it hasn’t been arranged or performed the right way.

Then the rest of the NF is pretty much generic pop songs heard a thousand times before. Sara Sukurani at least offers some Middle-Eastern vibes despite having the most stupid and overused lyrics ever, while Babou and Julie’s songs don’t even have anything special about them at all. Marcel and Soulman Group are attempting something different but failing miserably, as is Andy Roda, who combines a generic song with terrible quality everything.
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Wiwi blogs reported it a few days ago, she would have been amazing in melfest and she is part Swede but it would have been strange.
    Yeah, only now I noticed it was mentioned in the Finnish esc forum as well. But she's not part Swede, where did anyone say that...? It's only that her mother tongue is Swedish ;)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Christ on stilts...

I need advice. I might have to work Eurovision night :eek:

I've booked the week before off but an event I'm
    managing the press for is scheduled for Eurovision weekend. I could possibly request to leave at 6 on the Saturday but I've no idea what to do otherwise.

Might have to be a watch it on catch-up whilst avoiding spoilers job.

Disappointed doesn't begin to cover it but... I'm sure it can't be that bad :(
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ on stilts...

managing the press for is scheduled for Eurovision weekend. I could possibly request to leave at 6 on the Saturday but I've no idea what to do otherwise.

Are you familiar with the ancient art of pulling a sickie? :D

Or is it one of those really really important jobs were sickie pulling requires a little more trickery than simply phoning up work with a mousy voice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Yeah, only now I noticed it was mentioned in the Finnish esc forum as well. But she's not part Swede, where did anyone say that...? It's only that her mother tongue is Swedish ;)

I'm sure I read somewhere that her nan was Swedish
    Christ on stilts...

My worst nightmare, you could always pretend to be sick or actually buy a ticket for the final then they can't refuse you the night off then.

I had to get a last minute shift swap last year and do a night shift the night before the first semifinal so I could have the saturday night off. The fire alarm went off half an hour before my shift ended though and we had to wait hours for the fire brigade to tell us the building was safe, thought I was goner miss it due to being asleep :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you familiar with the ancient art of pulling a sickie? :D

Or is it one of those really really important jobs were sickie pulling requires a little more trickery than simply phoning up work with a mousy voice?

I could probably pull leaving early but couldn't miss altogether - the guilt would be unbearable! (Plus the event looks pretty cool, just not Eurovision cool - if that's not an oxymoron!)

It's a big charity event that we manage the press for and I'm on the account tasked with organising the media coverage. Any other weekend it'd be awesome but now... gah!

I'm off all week beforehand so can get into the Semis spirit so every cloud and all that...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atleast The DMGP stage will look impressive if this model is anything to go buy.

http://esctoday.com/94409/denmark-dansk-melodi-grand-prix-scene-sneak-preview/

I bet it was from a design for last years Eurovision that was never used

Though it looks like a teleportation device
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Leona Lewis doing in the Danish NF?!:o:p
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you really try and sneak out on someone you are in a relationship with like that?
    Sounds like the walk of shame to me:D

There is a line in the song about them fighting a lot. So sure :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The more I listen to Love Injected, the more I think it'd be criminal if it wasn't the Latvian song this year.

Having said that, it could very well be a Martina contender if they frig up the staging (a'la Fox Lima)
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Love Injected go really ~quirky~ on stage. Camera angles though. Very important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well folks, only 2 days to go before our next NF which is the Swiss one.
    Let's send Licia Chery our positives vibes! (well any act but the dreadful Timebelle)
  • Options
    andrewdkandrewdk Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    A lot of danish Eurovision fans are disapointed about our 10 songs.
    I do not agree.
    There is 4-5 songs that I like and think can do it good for us in Vienna.

My top 10 for the danish Melodi Grandprix:

1. Sara Sukurani - Love Me Love Me
    2, Cecilie Alexandra - Hotel A
    3. Julie Bjerre - Tæt på mine drømme
    4. Babou - Manjana
    5. World of Girls - Summer Without You
    6. Tina & René - Mi Amore
    7. Anti Social Media - The Way You Are
    8. Andy Roda - Love is Love
    9. Anne Gadegård - Suitcase
    10 - Marcel & Soulman Group - Når Veje Krydses

But my top 5 is changing from everytime I listen and I look forward to see how the performances will be. That can change a lot.

I will unfortunately only have to watch it in the television.
  • Options
    weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's send Licia Chery our positives vibes! (well any act but the dreadful Timebelle)

:o
    Don't diss the accordion!
    :D
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Go Deborah! I love Take Me Back to 23! I agree that Timebelle is WAY overrated and Licia is better than most of the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Atleast The DMGP stage will look impressive if this model is anything to go buy.

http://esctoday.com/94409/denmark-dansk-melodi-grand-prix-scene-sneak-preview/

I bet it was from a design for last years Eurovision that was never used

Though it looks like a teleportation device

That model of the stage looks really cool. Very unique. I hope the real life version looks as good.

Speaking of stages, here is the MelFest stage:
    http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/har-ar-scenen-i-melodifestivalen-2015-en-av-de-storsta-nagonsin

It reminds me a bit of the 2008 stage, better than the past couple of years. However, my biggest annoyance about the MelFest stages recently is that they have been so dull and particularly dark. This one is no exception.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Christ on stilts...

That sounds like a nightmare. :(

Maybe if you start work earlier on the day and/or work a bit extra in the weeks running up to the event, they could give you the benefit of the doubt and let you leave early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the Melfest stage even though it s bit busy it seems to provide an area for every song. Though the green room next to the stage looks a bit cramped
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/eurovision-2015-bbc-to-produce-60th-anniversary-special-3451/

The Official Charts are reporting about the UK Eurovision Anniversary celebration show, one of the producers of this years show has seemingly confirmed it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://de.musicplayon.com/play?pl=394001&play=736393

Some of the German songs are available and Frozen Silence is really good.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    :o
    Don't diss the accordion!
    :D

Quite. On a sideways tangent I recently found out two of my dad's uncles played the accordion and another played the banjo. I guess that's why I'm naturally drawn to quirky little ditties featuring those instruments! :D:cool: Sadly none of the musical genes on my dad's side filtered through to me ability wise.

Oof, Frozen Silence is good indeed. Could just as easily do a 'Madeline Juno' though. :( Faun and Alexa are as expected. Shine, Shine, Shine is a happy little ditty, but her chipmunk tone is off-putting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EuroChris wrote: »
    That sounds like a nightmare. :(

Maybe if you start work earlier on the day and/or work a bit extra in the weeks running up to the event, they could give you the benefit of the doubt and let you leave early.

It's off-site by about 70 miles.

I'm thinking if I leave slightly early I can make it back for 9/ 10 and watch on catch-up. But I'm
    seeinh the positive and know I'll get to watch it in full, even if it's late.

I have Semis week off and I almost enjoy them more!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Laing is great!:D
    I'm getting Daft Punk vibes
This discussion has been closed.