The Doctor - Clara - River....

Comments

• tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love River, they are married and the obviously love each other very much, just not over-romantically. He and Clara both seem to be really fond of each other so I think it could be nice if they're "involved" as long as it's not to the extent of Ten and Rose. It's hard to explain what I mean, I don't want them to be in a relationship. Watch the last clip of BBC's Love 2013 trailer, it just seems right.

Or like others have said she's already gone to the library.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I don't think they will be in a relationship but he clearly likes having Clara around, that much cannot be denied.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    I like River, but if the flirtation with Clara goes beyond a certain point, I'm more worried about the Doctor -it makes him look a bit of a git. All talk of open relationships etc is unlikely to be pushed as an explanation to the 10 yr olds in the audience.

I know River chose to spend years in jail to keep his secret (Don't know why, once she was convicted, that's be enough to convince people of his death. She escapes so easily, if I was Madame Kovarian I'd actually be more suspicious that she keeps coming back - after all, she was violently forced into that suit, so it wouldn't be guilt.)

Anyway, after such a massive sacrifice from his wife or 'wife', the Doctor chasing a younger woman is a little shabby.I'm not averse to the Clara = River theory, but if that's not the case, it wouldn't have been too hard to mention that he'd lost his wife and family in passing during the episode. River's likely appearance later in the series could be a younger pre library version. Unless that would contradict the storyline...
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question for the hardcore fans : Did River ever call him 'you clever boy'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    446.09375 wrote: »
    Question for the hardcore fans : Did River ever call him 'you clever boy'?

Mainly pretty and lots of I hate you... don't think so.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Idris/the TARDIS call him? Was it just Doctor?

The TARDIS exploded with th pandorica and many say we've never had a good explanation for it. Maybe Clara I part of the answer.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    When he gave the key to Clara and she asked what it was he said "Me
    *long pause*
    giving it to you. The way the scene was done it was as if the key symbolised his heart (well one of them).

Of course the key also carries a curse as we know. :p
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he gave the key to Clara and she asked what it was he said "Me
    *long pause*
    giving it to you. The way the scene was done it was as if the key symbolised his heart (well one of them).

Of course the key also carries a curse as we know. :p

He said "me, giving in", in other words he was going to do what everyone wanted, stop sulking in the Tardis and re-engage with life.

(I'm not being a know-all, btw; I watch with sub-titles on, which is how I know what he said :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What curse does the key carry?
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Consider what other companions have lost. Rose got zapped to another dimension. Donna lost her memories. Amy and rory lost a daughter were unable to have more biological children. Weeping angels also stole their lives. Clara better be carefull.
    Forum Member
    Consider what other companions have lost. Rose got zapped to another dimension. Donna lost her memories. Amy and rory lost a daughter were unable to have more biological children. Weeping angels also stole their lives. Clara better be carefull.

Be careful in her next life you mean? :p
    Forum Member
    He said "me, giving in", in other words he was going to do what everyone wanted, stop sulking in the Tardis and re-engage with life.

(I'm not being a know-all, btw; I watch with sub-titles on, which is how I know what he said :D)

Re-watched with my ears better attuned. I was distracted by the refurbished Tardis and Jenna in that scene the first time. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member

Every cloud has a silver lining.

- Rose got zapped to another dimension but lives happily with The Doctor
    - Donna is married and live comfy and safe thanks to The Doctor.
    - Martha and Micky live happily together.
    - Weeping angels may have stole the Ponds lives but they spent it together.

And as for Clara at this rate she could end up out living The Doctor.
    Forum Member
    Jdot07 wrote: »
    Every cloud has a silver lining.

- Rose got zapped to another dimension but lives happily with The Doctor
    - Donna is married and live comfy and safe thanks to The Doctor.
    - Martha and Micky live happily together.
    - Weeping angels may have stole the Ponds lives but they spent it together.

And as for Clara at this rate she could end up out living The Doctor.

Are you an occupational therapist per chance? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Are you an occupational therapist per chance? :p

Not by trade but aye after a drink or two
    Forum Member
    Maybe Clara will get a happy ending when she leaves the Doctor as well.
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Maybe Clara will get a happy ending when she leaves the Doctor as well.

Well if she turns out to be the Tardis then she doesn't leave him. ;)
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if she could be a piece of a Tardis that has gone astray after a little stop off, The Doctor was meant to remember to bring her home, if he had written himself a note , he may have remembered.:D so instead Clara has to keep reminding him until he finds the note :D

it would be fantastic to see Clara find her place in The Tardis, lots of pretty lights and lovely music. Clara Tinkerbell:D
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling River and the Doctor's marriage is more a formality than anything else. Yes, they clearly have feelings for each other, but the whole wife/husband thing is more of a running joke than anything else, he only married her in order to get her to kill him back at the lake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will get too flirty anyway, it seems like they're going to have a very caring friendship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Personally I think River wouldn't be too concerned if the Doctor *did* get a little hot and bothered by Clara :-) Clara is pretty enough that most likely River would be interested herself anyway. It's already been implied she got on extremely well with Cleopatra - and she told the Doctor herself that he shouldn't travel alone. I think it would be truer to her character to meet Clara with an arched eyebrow, a considering glance, and a big, approving smile. River's almost as much of a flirt as Captain Jack and I get the impression she'd be more than happy to share the love around. :D
    Forum Member
    Well if she turns out to be the Tardis then she doesn't leave him. ;)

And that would be preferable to her being a version of River or anything connected to the character.
  • BeerCupsBeerCups Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    They're all wet, though.

And only the sea is salty.

;):D

Doctor: Water is patient, Adelaide. Water just waits. Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains. The whole of the world. Water always wins.
  • BeerCupsBeerCups Posts: 149
    Forum Member

and not forgetting Martha's family tortured for a year only for the year to be erased but with all their memories of the ordeal still intact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...apart from Leo and his family, as they had evaded capture by Saxon's people.