Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote:
    Go on, try

I hate Corrie.

It's the functional equivalent of this thread (and just as pointless!)
    That was my point... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I hope that ds don’t have a separate sc-fi forum, people who don't like dr who need to be "educated".

Its interesting to note how passionate the people who don't like dr who are, I am aware that many blame it for taking celebrity wrestling off the air but its is nonsense to talk about "love" and "hate" when its just a TV show. Look celebrity wrestling isn't coming back, no matter how much you (cough) "loved" the show it just isn't, dr who wasn't to blame, celeb wrestling was just a very bad show and didn't get the ratings.
  • Options
    cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil Eye wrote:
    I hate to tell you, but I think you are unlikely to get much support on here...I've really yet to see anyone else come out and say they hate Who...so unless there are many closet 'who' haters on here who never speak out, you are about the only one...some may be indifferent, but people generaly don't hate it :)

Closet 'who haters! Imagine it! They could have conventions and NOT invite past doctors. Theycould stand at stalls not buying the merchandise

Cj :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,547
    Forum Member
    Well it's all been said already, really. It's a TV show which is on once a week for thirteen weeks (with one repeat) taking up 45 minutes out of all the airtime available each week.

Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Since this new series has started, it has gained a big following and this is an internet forum where people post and reply to messages about TV programmes. If there are dozens of threads about Doctor Who, it's easy enough to ignore because there's always a clue in the title.

I'm fed up reading all the threads about how awful ITV is and why the license fee is an abomination. The simple solution - avoid those threads. There are plenty of others!

Now Big Brother, on the other hand is mindless drivel which is far more difficult to ignore. Daily programmes which are repeated at least once, Big Brother's Little Brother, Big Brother's Big Mouth, Diary Room Uncut, Nominations Uncut etc, not to mention the complete takeover of E4 by hours of people sitting looking at each other. Magazines, newspapers, radio programmes, other TV programmes are filled with it. It's impossible to ignore. All the time, it is eating up valuable air time which could be used for something good.

Now that is something worth complaining about because it takes over the airwaves for so many hours each year. Surely you can realise that by comparison, Doctor Who is hardly worthy of people's hatred because it can be ignored.

(And yes, I realise the irony of bringing Big Brother into the argument given the subject matter of Bad Wolf! :))
  • Options
    PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deaddog wrote:
    Personally I hope that ds don’t have a separate sc-fi forum, people who don't like dr who need to be "educated".

And people that do like Dr Who need to be educated to the fact that not everyone thinks its the best programme ever made

people are quick to critisize other programmes but they cannot take it when people critisize Dr Who
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paulsalter wrote:
    And people that do like Dr Who need to be educated to the fact that not everyone thinks its the best programme ever made

people are quick to critisize other programmes but they cannot take it when people critisize Dr Who
    I think most fm who would describe themselves as fans of the show have criticized Dr who at some stage, in fact I think there have been a lot of negative feedback about particular story lines, acting and format. What is annoying is the same people who post "I don’t like dr who, it's crap", week after week after week. Such trolls are only going to get FMs backs up. I've posted about not liking Little Britain, but I only need to post once and see if a discussion starts. I don't hijack threads repeating the same views just to annoy others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deaddog wrote:
    I think most fm who would describe themselves as fans of the show have criticized Dr who at some stage, in fact I think there have been a lot of negative feedback about particular story lines, acting and format. What is annoying is the same people who post "I don’t like dr who, it's crap", week after week after week. Such trolls are only going to get FMs backs up. I've posted about not liking Little Britain, but I only need to post once and see if a discussion starts. I don't hijack threads repeating the same views just to annoy others.
    Well said. I'd much rather tis thread existed for people who hate the show than they post repeatedly on the main DW threads all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deaddog wrote:
    Look celebrity wrestling isn't coming back, no matter how much you (cough) "loved" the show it just isn't, dr who wasn't to blame, celeb wrestling was just a very bad show and didn't get the ratings.

I blame myself for the demise of Celeb Wrestling - I'd never heard of it till too late - What celebs did they have? If only RTD had put it on the gamestation.

BTW - Is that custard dripping from your eye?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    onion3000 wrote:
    If only RTD had put it on the gamestation.

... if only! if the "gamestation thing" was intoduced in series 2, RTD could have put "celeb wrestling" in , that would have been the funniest thing ever, never mind, you put the idea in my head and that deserves a "LMAO" in itself. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    *steven* wrote:
    What is the big deal with Dr Who? I think its rubbish and i would rather watch Celebrity wrestling and that is BAD!

I completely agree with you mate, but all I do is ignore it's press releases, and just up until recently, I've started to watch BBC 1, as the actually excellent "55 Degrees North" began it's 2nd series, which so far is brilliant, plus, "24: Season 1" just debuted in a double-bill re-run.

Like I said, I ignore the press releases, and whenever I watch BBC 1, it's less likely to see promos for "Dr. Who", particularly at half-past eleven at night.

There are however 2 plus points about "Dr. Who" which I've liked after watching the very first episode (just to see what the big fuss is all about):

1. Chris Eccleston - A Northerner - quite similar to Jimmy Nail, but not as near as good as an actor, though I've yet to see Chris in a feature that is more dark-toned and serious - wasn't there some supernatural ITV 2-hour Drama Premiere, that Chris was in - I remember the distinct image of a massive crowd in a busy Metropolitan area, with police helicopters hovering above.

2. Billie Piper - for the obvious reasons... :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    i think that everyone in this forum that doesnt like doctor who seriously need help! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to hate Doctor Who.

But I love it now... love this new series in particular; can't wait til David Tennant takes over as The Doctor.

I agree with what others have said; if you don't like it, don't watch it! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    i think as many people have already said , if you dont like Dr Who then dont watch it. There are probably just as many people out there who hate Dr Who as there are who love it.They will say it is badly acted , badly written and the effects are rubbish, others will say are you serious , the stories are superb , rose and the doctor are great...etc .
    We then have Big Brother which to me the thought of watching a group of people in a house 24 hours a day would drive me to madness , yet others watch it religiously.
    It is all a matter of choice and opinion , and that is why we
    have these things called forums to discuss whatever we feel like , even if it does annoy some people.
  • Options
    monkeymurderermonkeymurderer Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Who never really interested me.

Yesterday I was falling asleep on the sofa and woke up to find Dr Who on, now maybe I was dreaming, but I swear I've seen better actingd and production on CITV.

It was really pathetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member

Yesterday I was falling asleep on the sofa and woke up to find Dr Who on, now maybe I was dreaming, but I swear I've seen better actingd and production on CITV.

It was really pathetic.

see what i mean , now someone is comparing Dr Who against childrens tv . It will only go on and on , lovely stuff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *steven* wrote:
    What is the big deal with Dr Who? I think its rubbish and i would rather watch Celebrity wrestling and that is BAD!

Fair enough - but Dr Who is generally regarded as a good sci-fi drama by people who like sci-fi drama.

Celebrity Wrestling is a very poor example of a celebrity game-show when compared to something like I'm a Celebrity.

Dr Who is the only new sci-fi show on mainstream TV - new celebrity shows are everywhere.
  • Options
    nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's true. We have to face it, not everyone is going to like Dr Who. Not everyone is going to like SF. Not everyone will have the intelligence to understand it. To all Dr Who fans on this forum - please remember that there are people worse off than you, people with limited intellect, low expectations with a thirst for pure drivel. These people despise anything that they cannot understand, need everything explained to them in slow mono-syllabic language, cannot think for themselves and they hate achievement on the basis of merit (Surely achievements should be voted for by other mindless sheep).

We, as the superior humans, should feel sorry for these people. Don't be cruel to those with special needs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. We're going to carry on watching, then we're going to make the show the top-rated drama of the year, and then we're going to wipe every other stinking show out of the Baftas.

We're coming to get you...
  • Options
    itv-rocks!itv-rocks! Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HATE is a strong word. i`ve seen them all from the new series right to the end but im not a fan, i just watched them because they were made availible to me.
    They are tacky, cheesy and looked at as a whole, a lot of shite but they pass the time which, as said before, is only 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyder wrote:
    It's true. We have to face it, not everyone is going to like Dr Who. Not everyone is going to like SF. Not everyone will have the intelligence to understand it. To all Dr Who fans on this forum - please remember that there are people worse off than you, people with limited intellect, low expectations with a thirst for pure drivel. These people despise anything that they cannot understand, need everything explained to them in slow mono-syllabic language, cannot think for themselves and they hate achievement on the basis of merit (Surely achievements should be voted for by other mindless sheep).

We, as the superior humans, should feel sorry for these people. Don't be cruel to those with special needs.

And winner of the most patronising post of the day goes to
  • Options
    nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank You.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyder wrote:
    Thank You.

You are welcome, Your CLI Mug & T-Shirt will be in the post :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,547
    Forum Member

It was really pathetic.

OK, justify what you have just said. What aspects of the production weren't that good? Which actors? Which scenes? What was bad about the acting?

Anybody can slate acting but do you really know what you mean? Can you explain yourself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the new Dr Who yet. I used to watch the old Dr Who when I was a child, even though I was petrified of the Daleks!
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how can you guys be saying this, its brillant I dont know how im gonna survive till saturday.

its the best hting on TV right now
This discussion has been closed.