The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    Is it my imagination, or are this year's acts much stronger than last year's? I'm so impressed with many of them.

Yes, the overall song quality seems better this year pithywitch. There are a lot of good songs in both semis, and even the likes of France and Italy have sent decent songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Yes, the overall song quality seems better this year pithywitch. There are a lot of good songs in both semis, and even the likes of France and Italy have sent decent songs.

thanks... there is really some tough competition this year. I hope UMI and RTE up their game this year with promo, vid, etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, this year seems a lot more interesting.

btw, Ireland is now 10th in the Eurovision odds: http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/eurovision/winner
    I'm not really worried about it, here's a list of how was the order of the odds in March. Bolded are the odds at the beggining (before semis) and at the end of the Eurovision week (before the final) and in brackets, the final position of each act.

So the list is:
    Odds in March - Singer - Country: odds before the semis - odds before the final (final position)

1- Getter Jaani - Estonia: 3rd - 6th (24th)
    2- Amaury Vassili - France: 1st - 1st (15th)
    3- Eric Saade - Sweden: 9th - 10th (3rd)
    4- Blue - United Kingdom: 2nd - 4th (11th)
    5- Lena - Germany: 8th - 5th (10th)
    6- Stella Mwangi - Norway: 12th (did not qualify)
    7- Dino Merlin - Bosnia and Herzegovina: 7th - 11th (6th)
    8- Eli & Nikki - Azerbaijan: 6th - 3rd (1st)
    9- Alexey Vorobyov - Russia: 11th - 13th (16th)
    10- Kati Wolf - Hungary: 5th - 9th (22nd)
    11- A friend in London - Denmark: 10th - 7th (5th)
    12- Jedward - Ireland: 4th - 3rd (8th)

Italy finished in 2nd: 36th in March, and 18th before the final in the odds.
    Ukraine finished in 4th: 20th in Match, and 19th before the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, this year seems a lot more interesting.

btw, Ireland is now 10th in the Eurovision odds: http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/eurovision/winner
    I'm not really worried about it, here's a list of how was the order of the odds in March. Bolded are the odds at the beggining (before semis) and at the end of the Eurovision week (before the final) and in brackets, the final position of each act.

So the list is:
    Odds in March - Singer - Country: odds before the semis - odds before the final (final position)

1- Getter Jaani - Estonia: 3rd - 6th (24th)
    2- Amaury Vassili - France: 1st - 1st (15th)
    3- Eric Saade - Sweden: 9th - 10th (3rd)
    4- Blue - United Kingdom: 2nd - 4th (11th)
    5- Lena - Germany: 8th - 5th (10th)
    6- Stella Mwangi - Norway: 12th (did not qualify)
    7- Dino Merlin - Bosnia and Herzegovina: 7th - 11th (6th)
    8- Eli & Nikki - Azerbaijan: 6th - 3rd (1st)
    9- Alexey Vorobyov - Russia: 11th - 13th (16th)
    10- Kati Wolf - Hungary: 5th - 9th (22nd)
    11- A friend in London - Denmark: 10th - 7th (5th)
    12- Jedward - Ireland: 4th - 3rd (8th)

Italy finished in 2nd: 36th in March, and 18th before the final in the odds.
    Ukraine finished in 4th: 20th in Match, and 19th before the final.

thanks for posting this... it just goes to show the bookies are usually wrong.
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for posting this... it just goes to show the bookies are usually wrong.

well, the punters are wrong - the bookies' odds are only responding to their bets!
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha Ha I love that. They have certainly become a part of modern culture. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hahaha so cute. Like Who Am I? said, they're icons, funny how even a smiley like =:D can represent them :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    well, the punters are wrong - the bookies' odds are only responding to their bets!

True... I am assuming a punter is one who places a bet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True... I am assuming a punter is one who places a bet.

as soon as I post the odds-thing, they're up to the 8th place now lol
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still holding my breath for their White House St. Patrick's Day invitation... :p

If you want a completely baseless rumour, how's this...

This year the White House are celebrating St Patrick's Day on Tuesday 20 March, as David Cameron will be visiting on the 17th (the nerve!). J&E earlier said they were going to Sweden on the 17th, but they allegedly DM'd some Swedish fans to say they were coming later, either the Monday or Wednesday. Has this date change happened because they'll actually be at the White House?

Ok, ok, it's unlikely - they would have been solidly booked in to the White House months in advance - but it's a good theory, yeah? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the Waterline preview video that RTE have made for Eurovision!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ViQfViDPo

There's lots of cool behind-the-scenes footage, including rehearsal footage of - OMG - the Jeds wearing low-cut black t-shirts. Collarbones! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the Waterline preview video that RTE have made for Eurovision!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ViQfViDPo

There's lots of cool behind-the-scenes footage, including rehearsal footage of - OMG - the Jeds wearing low-cut black t-shirts. Collarbones! :D

Cheers SP! Interesting to see the coverage from the rehearsals and there are even one or two camera shots from Eurosong itself that we haven't seen before :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a completely baseless rumour, how's this...

This year the White House are celebrating St Patrick's Day on Tuesday 20 March, as David Cameron will be visiting on the 17th (the nerve!). J&E earlier said they were going to Sweden on the 17th, but they allegedly DM'd some Swedish fans to say they were coming later, either the Monday or Wednesday. Has this date change happened because they'll actually be at the White House?

Ok, ok, it's unlikely - they would have been solidly booked in to the White House months in advance - but it's a good theory, yeah? :D

I'm guessing alright that the reason they delayed the trip to Sweden may well have something to do Saturday being St. Patrick's Day, but whether this would be to allow something as auspicious as a trip to the White House is anyone's guess :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I really liked that promo video! The rehearsal looks even better (mainly cos the thin clothes accentuate their movements more). The video perfectly capatures the experience of the day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the video also - okay it's clear not too much money's been spent but yes I agree - it captures the eurosong day from the twins' point of view (and Liam's!). It put a smile on my face anyway :)
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is a good video, I hope this kind of video will be played /requested on music channels like VIVA/MTV/Chartshow...though I hoped they were not joking as they said in their column that Joseph Kahn will make their Waterlin video (but maybe 1 day for an other song)

JedEurovision says it is the officail video so I hope people will request it and I hope this video helps to promote Waterline all around Europe so that even no-fans will vote for Jedward
    I wished RTE would have money to make a video like this http://youtu.be/tZVMXCjxN1Q Can Bonomo - Love Me Back (Waterline is a good video but I prefer videos like this (I don´t like the german ESC videos for Satelie 2010+Standing Still 2012 but in the waterline video is Jedward included so I like everything with them)
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the waterline video captures the day much better than the RTÉ lipstick one did. love the rehearsal footage. kind of agree the bulky sleeve look too robotic for this song. some things need ironing out between now and may.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing is very clear from the Waterline video - RTE recorded a lot of the Jeds before they won. It looks like at least two rehearsals, both from multiple angles, and some backstage antics. Do you think they did that for all the Eurosong contestants? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing is very clear from the Waterline video - RTE recorded a lot of the Jeds before they won. It looks like at least two rehearsals, both from multiple angles, and some backstage antics. Do you think they did that for all the Eurosong contestants? ;)

I wonder if this in fact is taken from another "OMG - It's Eurovision" documentary? That would explain all the backstage footage.
  • InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I wonder if this in fact is taken from another "OMG - It's Eurovision" documentary? That would explain all the backstage footage.

I want new Jedward Let Loose. OMJ it's Eurovision is not enough:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "WE ARE COMING TO SWEDEN ON TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY WE DONT KNOW WHEN OUR FLIGHT LANDS FROM LA"
    They said that on Youtube (they're currently doing a youtube reply session)
    I didn't know that they were going to LA? :eek:
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still no word about Denmark though they said last saturday that they will be in Denmark from wednesday and this though denmark is in semifinal 1 and they need also their votes :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby Katy wrote: »
    "WE ARE COMING TO SWEDEN ON TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY WE DONT KNOW WHEN OUR FLIGHT LANDS FROM LA"
    They said that on Youtube (they're currently doing a youtube reply session)
    I didn't know that they were going to LA? :eek:

Its a shame they are gonna to LA because Ellen is shooting her show in Dublin this weekend, when I saw this I had hope it was the reason behind the delay

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/celebrity-alert-ellen-degeneres-to-film-her-show-in-dublin-this-weekend-3052061.html
This discussion has been closed.