Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iShum wrote: »
    now that's a cliffhanger if I ever saw one....

I missed the middle 10 mins cos I got distracted but I'm sure I didn't miss anything, when I came back to it they were doing exactly the same thing anyway

I don't know what 10 minutes you missed but I can guarantee all you missed was some boring filler about cocktail making, the teens walking places looking concerned and still not ringing the police and Leanne and Texas waffling on about something dull, there may have been some Scott and Analise looking at each other as well.

I can't believe I found even the Brendan stuff boring, he couldn't even redeem that by having no top on. :eek:
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Rubbish episode on E4. Was bitty and boring. Leanne was my highlight (I'm one of the few who love her) and I liked the Scott and Annalise stuff. Brendan spent the entire episode watching Joel make cocktails (thrilling) and the teens showing a slither of selflessness was so unusual that it felt forced. The pacing is clunky - as if they wouldn't ring the police straight away.

I know the episode continues where it was left tomorrow but I didn't enjoy it.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Wow, tonight was boring.

Even Brendan couldn't save that. He spent all episode watching Joel ... make a cocktail. Woop! I long nostalgically for the days when he had an actual storyline. Wasted.

The 6th form stuff I can't even be bothered to comment on.

On the plus side, I quite liked Scott's speech to Annalise about deciding what she wants.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So their now deciding to call the police? :rolleyes: this wasn't a good episode why isn't Callum interacting with the others? :confused: has he breifed them about what happened all those weeks ago...wait did George even tell Callum what happened to him and Pheobe that time and has Callum mentioned Phoebe at all to the others? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

The scenes with Brendan and Joel were boring :sleep: and Leanne :yawn: I hate this character....she's useless :p I mean what is she actually doing? hopefully the next ep will be better I doubt it though....and COME ON get Scott and Annalise Together already I can't wait to see the day she dumps Rob I'm sick and tired of the same scenes :yawn: I liked Scott's speech though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, tonight was boring.

Even Brendan couldn't save that. He spent all episode watching Joel ... make a cocktail. Woop! I long nostalgically for the days when he had an actual storyline. Wasted.

The 6th form stuff I can't even be bothered to comment on.

On the plus side, I quite liked Scott's speech to Annalise about deciding what she wants.

But he doesn't seem to do facial expressions very well
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    So their now deciding to call the police? :rolleyes: this wasn't a good episode why isn't Callum interacting with the others? :confused: has he breifed them about what happened all those weeks ago...wait did George even tell Callum what happened to him and Pheobe last month and has Callum mentioned Phoebe at all to the others? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

I want to know how they found the squat.. I thought that Callum had told them but Maddie asked what he was doing there.. I don't think we have seen Callum tell them anything, it was all off screen, so who knows what they know.. Callum knows about Phoebe, but I don't think they do or they would have mentioned her and I bet Maddie would have been angry that George had a friend that wasn't in their group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    But he doesn't seem to do facial expressions very well

He's not a great actor. But there's something likeable about his character. I just like the Annalise and Scott story, they have chemistry (I know, it's subjective).

Just wish, like everything else, it was better paced. I'd care a lot more if this was happening just after Christmas.

Same with the George storyline. Why take him off screen? It should be really exciting, building to a climax! And instead we get his useless "mates" wandering round for 30 mins. The pacing is just rubbish. There was no energy tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yawn yawn yawn. Brendan, I am sure was there just to keep his fans happy, but 'cocktails' Pleeeease !!!

Absolutely nothing grabbed me in the E4 episode tonight. Not Leanne, Not Scott and Annalise and most certianly not the 6th formers. Worse than last nights EP IMO.

Why is Maddie taking the helm all of a sudden and Callum being soooo quiet. So she can be the hero? Give it a rest - we don't like Maddie (well the majority) please stop with this forcing this dreadful character on us !!!!
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    He's not a great actor. But there's something likeable about his character. I just like the Annalise and Scott story, they have chemistry (I know, it's subjective).

Just wish, like everything else, it was better paced. I'd care a lot more if this was happening just after Christmas.

They'd built the Scott and Annalise stuff really nice before and during Rob's accident and then it was put on hold and we barely saw it and now they're confronting it after ages of not seeing it on screen. It doesn't work as well as I wish it would, because I really liked it initially.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have to wait 24hrs to report someone missing or what? The police should have been involved along time ago though really!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    Oh yawn yawn yawn. Brendan, I am sure was there just to keep his fans happy, but 'cocktails' Pleeeease !!!

Crappest Brendan stuff I've ever seen. They've got really lazy with him, think they can just stick him on doing anything, especially taking his top off, and everyone will just swoon.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a "fan" and I sure ain't happy. He's a massive character. He needs a big storyline that means something. Total waste of the actor at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I don't know what 10 minutes you missed but I can guarantee all you missed was some boring filler about cocktail making, the teens walking places looking concerned and still not ringing the police and Leanne and Texas waffling on about something dull, there may have been some Scott and Analise looking at each other as well.

I can't believe I found even the Brendan stuff boring, he couldn't even redeem that by having no top on. :eek:

I left when they were making cocktails and came back to the teens mooching around

sounds like I basically saw the entire episode then :rolleyes:

why, why, why is such a good character as Brendan not doing anything and 98% of the cast MIA? and George? where the hell was he in that episode? it's his storyline, we know where he is you don't need to hide him from us too ... :D
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the storyline has turned into more about the other teens than George. Working together looking the caring bunch. Reminds me of the end of the Silas thing when they got everyone together for that tribute. Seems a ploy for us to like them and think they're the heroes looking out for a mate. When really they've been pretty lousy mates. It basically was an ep of filler for everyone who was in it, nothing actually happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »

Absolutely nothing grabbed me in the E4 episode tonight. Not Leanne, Not Scott and Annalise and most certianly not the 6th formers. Worse than last nights EP IMO.

Why is Maddie taking the helm all of a sudden and Callum being soooo quiet. So she can be the hero? Give it a rest - we don't like Maddie (well the majority) please stop with this forcing this dreadful character on us !!!!

I count myself as a pretty hardcore Brendan fan but even I need more to keep me interested than what seems like five scenes of him showing a halfwit how to make a mojito.

Nice try with the shirtlessness but that isn't going to keep me interested either.

I was just massively bored by the whole episode and it looks like they have totally managed to stuff the whole George storyline up.

I don't really care if we get one great episode like we did last time it was the focus of the show, they have ruined it.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what actually happens with George next week?
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very flat E4, very flat indeed. I just wanted the episode over when Leanne started talking outfits with Texas. Teens were as obnoxious and brainless as ever, I wouldn't blame Callum's actor for mailing it in in those scenes. Sinead grated as she has done for too long now. Rubbish cliffhanger.

Brendan/Joel was so-so, as people have said Brendan can be used to far greater effect than that. I doubt Emmett Scanlan will hang around if that is the best they can do.

Annalise/Scott finally reached second gear and I liked their scenes. Frustrated that they've missed the boat on Barney's relative poverty.

Although HO feels more like a community now, the pacing of plots and general direction of the show is a worry. Only a matter of time before it reflects in the ratings.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Great to have Brendan back tonight :D
    I will take shirtless ironing and cocktail making over lack of Brendan, anytime. I guess I must just like him ;)
    Yeah, Emmett can do so much more, as we all know - but when he's spent so little time on screen lately then, as a fan, I'm not going to whinge when I do get to see him. Anything is better than nothing.

But for those who are dissatisfied with the lack of storyline depth, have no worries, I'm sure that Stug will be back soon with their deep and meaningful street-barbecuing storyline, and everyone will be ecstatic again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    I will take shirtless ironing and cocktail making over lack of Brendan, anytime. I guess I must just like him ;)

But for those who are dissatisfied with the lack of storyline depth, have no worries, I'm sure that Stug will be back soon with their deep and meaningful street-barbecuing storyline, and everyone will be ecstatic again.

What the hell?

Why do you have to make everything about Brendan versues Ste?

I get that you don't like Ste but what on earth has he got to do with people being unhappy about the Brendan scenes tonight?

ETA Sorry if that comes across as a bit aggro, I didn't mean it to be but what people are saying about Brendan tonight has nothing to do with Ste at all and I don't really see why you brought it up, is it because some people enjoyed the filler with Ste and Doug and yet don't like Brendan being used as filler?
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    Yeah, Emmett can do so much more, as we all know - but when he's spent so little time on screen lately then, as a fan, I'm not going to whinge when I do get to see him. Anything is better than nothing.

BIB is how I feel too. Anything is better than nothing, especially given the absolute rubbish we've been served up recently. I do wish they would give him something he could get his teeth into, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What the hell?

Why do you have to make everything about Brendan versues Ste?

I get that you don't like Ste but what on earth has he got to do with people being unhappy about the Brendan scenes tonight?

ETA Sorry if that comes across as a bit aggro, I didn't mean it to be but what people are saying about Brendan tonight has nothing to do with Ste at all and I don't really see why you brought it up, is it because some people enjoyed the filler with Ste and Doug and yet don't like Brendan being used as filler?

Wow, am I allowed to post anything nowadays without someone from the BB thread having a go at me.? How was it about Brendan v Ste? I didn't even mention Ste :confused:

Yes, I see you got my point about people whinging about Brendan being used as filler, but being quite happy about the Stug filler plots.Slight double standards, I think, but no surprises there.

I'm not going to argue with folk from the BB thread, if I wanted to do that I'd still post there.

Please don't attack me personally for posting something you disagree with. I think it's against T&C's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was attacking you personally wasn't I, I guess you can quote the bit where I did that.

Ok whatever but yeah you did mention Ste.

I guess it's my own fault for trying to engage.

Lesson learned.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind about Brendan being used as filler if the producer hadn't just tweeted about how she is only now getting scripts with a decent plot for him. That means we'll probably be waiting until mid-year before something takes off.

And yes, the Ste filler was just as useless as the Brendan filler was, with much worse acting. :D
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when i thought i couldn't hate George any more, he goes and says that about the dog. How can Rilley, Seth and Carl not be seen right for Hollyoaks but George gets to stay
    Thinking about it Seth or Jason (preferbly Seth - couldn't stand Jason) would have been ideal for this story given their circumstances. Would be quite believeable for Seth to go to Leeds with Riley and then decide to return, with Riley believing he was sorted with accomodation back in Hollyoaks and Seth too proud to admit otherwise. Heck, there's a vault under the pub he could hide in!
    conkadonk1 wrote: »
    what the actual hell is Sinead wearing! they put her in some god awful clothes!
    I'm sure she's been in those trousers since about September - obviously struggling to get them off!
    avon942 wrote: »
    Was that the squat George was in? Did we ever see the outside of it before tonight?
    It's been seen before, but I'm sure it had a red door last time. I don't get why Callum isn't looking at Deenas - I'm sure he was in that area last time.

Anyhow, may not have been a brilliant episode but I liked the Joel/Brendon and Texas/Leanne stuff and good to see Annalise and Scott finally moving. Also no moaning Mercedes which is a bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I was attacking you personally wasn't I, I guess you can quote the bit where I did that.

Ok whatever but yeah you did mention Ste.

I guess it's my own fault for trying to engage.

Lesson learned.

Well, when you start your reply to someone's post with "What the hell!! and have a generally aggressive tone, surprise surprise, it doesn't come across as somebody trying to 'engage' with me. ;) Unless you mean engage in battle.

And OK whatever yeah, actually I mentioned Stug. Not Ste. And I know you are always ready to assume I am about to insult him, I saw your post on the BB thread recently where you assumed I was the person who had made a derogatory comment about Ste on the recent 'Bruglas' thread, whereas in fact I hadn't commented at all because I really couldn't care less about them.

If you want to kid yourself you weren't being aggressive towards me, fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You find me aggressive Bluebird?

Well you are probably right I often am, but if you think what I said was a personal attack then you are too delicate for this world.

As for finding people aggressive then right back at you.

I shouldn't have started this and I won't be continuing it, so like I said, whatever.
This discussion has been closed.