9150T doesn't pause or rewind live TV any more....

butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
Forum Member
✭✭
Title pretty much says it all. It used to, but now it doesn't. When I press either button the timeline bar comes up on the bottom of the screen, but no pausing or rewinding possible.

Any ideas ??

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    Title pretty much says it all. It used to, but now it doesn't. When I press either button the timeline bar comes up on the bottom of the screen, but no pausing or rewinding possible.
    Does it still make and play recordings? If it does then the most likely explanation is that buffers used for pause have become corrupt; the easiest way to fix the problem is to reformat the disk which will delete all recordings. If it no longer makes or plays recordingd then the hard drive has died.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes - It still makes and plays recordings OK.

Will get watching my backlog of stuff then give this a try.....
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick update to this. I finally got round to refromatting my disk this weekend and it worked a treat.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    Quick update to this. I finally got round to refromatting my disk this weekend and it worked a treat.....

Thanks for coming back to update us. It is always useful to know whether a proposed solution worked or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi I had the same problem seems to happen when the hard drive gets close to full. I now regularly check the drive and delete some stuff if it’s getting full, so haven’t had this problem for a while. I also found that a reformat cures the problem.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For future reference, there is an alternative solution to reformatting the HDD, which may suit some. It involves connecting the HDD to a computer and using HumaxCheck and HumaxRW.

See post #12:
    http://www.hummy.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    For future reference, there is an alternative solution to reformatting the HDD, which may suit some. It involves connecting the HDD to a computer and using HumaxCheck and HumaxRW.
    A friend has just used the humaxcheck/humaxrw solution on his 9300 and reports the problem (with a corrupt buffer) was successfully fixed.
  • ThebensterThebenster Posts: 6,872
    Forum Member
    I have had this problem for a couple of months now, and haven't reformatted yet because I have many recordings on my HDD. I've found a temporary solution is selecting the channel you want to watch on 'PIP', and then swapping and exiting PIP. This allows live TV to be rewound and paused until you change the channel.