Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 2)

EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
Forum Member
✭✭✭
dorydaryl wrote: »
:eek:IF that was true, it's a shame a few more men didn't react in that way to him..... Seems like it was the only 'language' he might have understood.:rolleyes:

Hooray for that guy : it's great to know that at least one man beat the living daylights out of him.

So much for the claims that Saville was menacing....when faced with violence from a real man, he couldn't cope.

THIS THREAD IS A CONTINUATION OF: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1710728

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I wasn't personally sure about the claims he was overtly phisically strong, mostly just intimidating, and that he would have used factors other than pure brute strength.

Not to say that he couldn't be forceful and over-powering, especially when we consider he would have been picking on women and children anyway.

So, we're on to the new thread. I don't want to come across as patronizing at all, but it's critical we all try and keep within the guidelines and not end up with any more prunes, or worst having this thread closed down :)

@ I4U below \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ I've asked the mods to change it \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,908
    Forum Member
    The link from Part 1 seems to go to the start of Part 1. :confused:
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Police briefing: looking at 120 lines of enquiry, 8 criminal allegations , two of which are for rape (in relation to Jimmy Savile.)

At this stage, no other "living person" is being investigated.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't personally sure about the claims he was overtly phisically strong, mostly just intimidating, and that he would have used factors other than pure brute strength.

Not to say that he couldn't be forceful and over-powering, especially when we consider he would have been picking on women and children anyway.

But that story (from the nightclub) also tells us that Saville was out of control. It seems he may have been rumbled many times - getting beaten to a pulp, kicked off a cruise ship, and perhaps many other incidents we never heard about - and yet he still carried on.

Those who say he was a sociopath are almost certainly right.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's going to be some fascinating investigative books and biographies coming out on this former national treasure.
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    But that story (from the nightclub) also tells us that Saville was out of control. It seems he may have been rumbled many times - getting beaten to a pulp, kicked off a cruise ship, and perhaps many other incidents we never heard about - and yet he still carried on.

Those who say he was a sociopath are almost certainly right.

Agreed. I'm no expert obviously but he shows many signs of being seriously NOT right in the head, i know that much.

He does link up to all these ideas in the link from what we can gather so far about him.
    http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Scot Yard have had complaints of sex abuse over four decades
    Police say there could be 25 victims
    Youngest alleged Victim is 13
    Scot Yard has far recorded two rape allegations and six indecent assaults
    Scot Yard has 120 lines of inquiry from alleged Victims, witnesses and third parties
    NSPCC says they have had 21 allegations of sex abuse by others not Savile
    NSPCC has had 17 allegations against Savile.
    NSPCC set up hotline for victims 0800 800 5000
    Earliest allegation from 1959

https://twitter.com/skymartinbrunt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scot Yard have had complaints of sex abuse over four decades
    Police say there could be 25 victims
    Youngest alleged Victim is 13
    Scot Yard has far recorded two rape allegations and six indecent assaults
    Scot Yard has 120 lines of inquiry from alleged Victims, witnesses and third parties
    NSPCC says they have had 21 allegations of sex abuse by others not Savile
    NSPCC has had 17 allegations against Savile.
    NSPCC set up hotline for victims 0800 800 5000

https://twitter.com/skymartinbrunt

Hopefuly the police are also investigating Saville's accomplices, facilitators and enablers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which is shortly after he came to national prominence as a Radio Luxembourg DJ.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is something very sinister about all of this.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Hopefuly the police are also investigating Saville's accomplices, facilitators and enablers.
    Just heard that a range of different names have been given to police....
  • scottygscottyg Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    The link posted on the last page, implied that some kids from Barnados would be suing the BBC, and Esther Rantzen was worried or something, could be a load of bull but interesting though.:confused:
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'm no expert obviously but he shows many signs of being seriously NOT right in the head, i know that much.

He does link up to all these ideas in the link from what we can gather so far about him.
    http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

in all fairness half the population have some of those traits
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »

I would say it's gone beyond sinister, and is fairly overt, by now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    Just heard that a range of different names have been given to police....

Great : hopefully a lot of people are panicking now and having sleepless nights. Saville may have gotten away with it (although even that's debatable) but there's no reason why others should do as well.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »

Like all the care-home scandals it will be covered up. I know what will be said before they say it. There's no evidence of anyone else involved nor is there evidence of a paedophile ring cover-up. The end.
    Forum Member
    ^ Well, apparently they are already saying there is no sign at the moment of a ''sex ring'' in the BBC. Yet again, i don't know why people are focusing in on the beeb, the hole runs much deeper.
    drillbit wrote: »

It's true. I think it's the extent and severity of what might have been done that would match up on the scale though. The means we can give that link us are not going to be the same as somebody like JS, and he will match all the traits, not just some, each one with disturbing examples. I know i match with many of them to varying degrees, but would never place myself anywhere near the level of someone like JS.
  • chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drillbit wrote: »

You must have some nice friends.

To be fair, I think the way society is today is now more conducive to creating sociopaths. I suspect it's to do with your parental relationships, or lack of, at an early age, as I know a couple of people brought up in orphanages who fit this description and are very similar to each other, and I was reading about how this might also apply to those who go to boarding school earlier than most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like all the care-home scandals it will be covered up. I know what will be said before they say it. There's no evidence of anyone else involved nor is there evidence of a paedophile ring cover-up. The end.

I had read all about that months ago after reading about Saville and thought of it all as too far fetched to be honest, until I seen that picture of Saville at the Jersey home.

I now have absolutely no doubt there is more to come out. A lot more. The whole thing stinks of corruption.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Well, apparently they are already saying there is no sign at the moment of a ''sex ring'' in the BBC. Yet again, i don't know why people are focusing in on the beeb, the hole runs much deeper.

You have to follow the links in the chain. If the logjam at the BBC breaks then there'll be other links flowing from that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way this thing is representative only of the BBC, its disgusting web is much bigger than that.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But he was physically strong.

Don't forget, we're talking about a man who was a miner before the accident which injured his back, he did many marathons and charity bike rides and had been a professional wrester in his day. More than one victim has spoken of how he pinned them up against a wall.
    Forum Member
    Agreed. I'm just not so sure he was as strong as some here were making out. For his size certainly, but perhaps not when facing certain grown men. I was more trying to say that he didn't need his strength so much, just the idea of it when he was dealing with people he knew he could over-power.

Sky's crime correspondent, Martin Brunt, who attended a briefing by detectives at Scotland Yard, said: "This information relates to a joint assessment between Scotland Yard officers and the NSPCC. "The NSPCC say they have received about 40 calls so far to their hotline. They wanted it to be made clear that those 21 other allegations about people who are not Jimmy Savile, were not necessarily related or connected to Jimmy Savile in any way".

Police were reluctant to confirm whether these new allegations related to people from the entertainment or show-business world.

According to Dr Peter Spindler, the commander in charge of the assessment, the new lines of enquiry do not yet constitute a new investigation, though a investigaiton could lead from the assessment, and not only into Jimmy Savile.

Dr Spindler stressed there was currently no evidence or allegations to suggest there was a 'sex ring' operation within the BBC. He said: "The reality is this really has captured the public's mind. We are getting calls from victims, from witnesses and third parties who believe they know something about it.

"We have formally recorded eight criminal allegations against Savile. Two of those are rape, six of indecent assault. These are primarily against girls in their mid-teens, so between 13 and 16 and it spans four decades of abuse".

Scotland Yard has been in contact with ITV and the BBC to gather information, and they are contacting alleged victims they have been talking to to see if they will co-operate, he said.

"We believe there are probably another 20 potential victims," Mr Spindler added. "It is too early for us to give you an accurate picture of what these new lines of inquiry will distill down to but we believe we will come up with between 20 to 25 victims."

Scotland Yard refused to be drawn on whether the Metropolitan Police paedophile unit or any other child protection squad had ever investigated Savile though they have confirmed they are still looking through files relating to each case.

http://news.sky.com/story/995418/savile-complaints-of-abuse-since-1959
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Police pursuing 120 lines of enquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19887019
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried to keep up with this thread but it has run away from me... does anybody know whether or not Louis Theroux has made any comment since these allegations have come to light? It was his 'Louis Meets...' documentary which first made me deeply suspicious of JS, and I just wondered whether he had anything to say about what JS had said which didn't make the final edit?
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »
    .. does anybody know whether or not Louis Theroux has made any comment since these allegations have come to light?
    Theroux posted online: “So the rumours seem to have been in some degree validated. I haven’t seen ITV’s expose on Jimmy Savile yet, but from what I understand there are a number of credible accounts from underaged teenage girls of Jimmy abusing his position of trust and celebrity to procure sexual favours.

“What is especially disturbing is the nature of the alleged abuse – the fact that it apparently took place repeatedly, in the workplace and at a school he was visiting, and that it may have been known to his bosses and co-workers.”

“My thoughts are with the victims. I hope they find peace.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/celebrities-give-opinion-on-sir-jim-allegations-1-4981788
    Very strange about Savile. Still struggling to get my head round it.

https://twitter.com/louistheroux/status/252882326848172032

These + FB mention were all over a week ago and seemingly nothing since? (on twitter definitely).

I think this is his only digital sighting this week, last night. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/i386361-8/the-woman-in-black-world-premiere-in-pictures-louis-theroux-and-wife-nancy.html
This discussion has been closed.