Diana Vickers' New Album Out Tomorrow!!!!

2»

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently waiting for me album to arrive from amazon, apparantly it's on it's way but hasn't been delivered yet, hopefully will get here before I have to leave for work!
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's she currently placed on the iTunes chart?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes my album just arrived! First listen in 3, 2, 1...
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »
    Where's she currently placed on the iTunes chart?

33 currently, gonna be a long way off her debut's chart placing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I've finished the album for the first time, I first of all just want to point out that this album is so cohesive and coherent! Every track BELONGS on this album.
    She's definitely gone for an 80's electro-pop route although some tracks have elements of funk as well.
    I love how sensual Better in French is, amazing.
    She also has a great knack for a pop hook that's for sure, every song is catchy in it's own right.
    Blame Game is gorgeous and so is Smoke, they feel quite emotional.
    The only track that didn't set my world on fire is "Lightning Strikes", it's not a bad song by any means, I just didn't enjoy it for some reason, I'm sure it'll grow on me.
    This album is much better than her first, this album really reminds me of Nicola Roberts' debut album in terms of style and genre.
    A great second album overall, hopefully she will get the support to do more.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Diana is number 13 in todays midweeks. Will probably drop by the end of the week, but already better than I had expected! :)
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing this pretty much non-stop since it arrived on Saturday, and I still think it's brilliant. Lightning Strikes is definitely my favourite, the chorus is just huge and the last minute or so of the track is possibly the best minute-or-so of music she's ever produced. Mad At Me is fantastic, as are Dead Heat and Better In French - those 4 probably stand out to me the most because they're the most 80s-ish of the album, and I really like when Diana does synthpop. The only song that's fallen away even a little bit for me is Mr Postman, which is great, just feels like perhaps it belongs on a different album - I would have preferred Kiss of a Bullet here, but either way a fantastic and incredibly cohesive album which is going to be criminally overlooked both in terms of sales and critical response, although the good thing about this is that sales are basically irrelevant for Diana these days.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a really great album!! I'm actually surprised DS didn't give it a higher ratings.

Dead Heat must be a single! it could change everything for her.

I agree with the above. Mr Postman is a bit crappy. Kiss Of A Bullet should have replaced it.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been this impressed with an album on the whole since Nicola Roberts' Cinderella's Eyes.
    'Cinderella' seems like such a poor single choice now, but that can only be a good thing.
    'Dead Heat', 'Mad At Me' and 'Lightning Strikes' are excellent!
    I would have replaced 'Mr. Postman' with 'Colours' though.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can;t believe she is still going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Listened to the album a couple of times now. Really like it which has surprised me as I'd started to lose interest in recent months.

Favourite songs are Smoke, Blame Game and Dead Heat - all amazing! Hope one of these gets released as a single. I can understand her wanting to release Must To Make Boys Cry as a single but I think it having been available for a long time before its release has damaged sales. A fresh new single could help the album sales.

One slight irk - 'Lightning Strikes' is one of my least favourites and I'd have liked it to be later on in the album.

Well done Diana! Great album :)