What's the best fart you ever did have?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of fart related questions:

When you do one which is quiet or not loud enough to be heard, you think you've got away with it until you realise it stinks and that invisible cloud will reach the people around you quite shortly - do you remain silent and pretend you haven't noticed or do you get in there first and perform a theatrical act of revulsion to it and throw accusatory glances around?

And if you fart in bed, do you dive under the covers to sample the aroma?
  • Options
    suki csuki c Posts: 6,088
    Forum Member
    I found this - it's not me ..........honest!!!!!

I was in the pub yesterday when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to fart. The music was really, really loud, so I timed my farts with the beat.

After a couple of songs, I started to feel better. I finished my pint and noticed that everybody was staring at me.

Then I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did one once that seemed to last for ages once. It went on for about a minute or so, like one endless fart:o

You might be interested to know, that the world's longest continuous fart lasted 2 minutes and forty two seconds.

As for the worlds longest Richard, that was an incredible twelve feet two inches. :eek:
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    The good old follow through. :D

It's known as a 'shart' around here.
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a couple last night that came out with a loud crack, like a gunshot, is this to do with the velocity of evacuation?
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've waited a long time to post in a thread like this! Now, the loudest (and longest) fart I ever did was in an English lesson at school - I was 16 so that's 24 years ago!. I didn't think it was going to be anything special so I leant forward slightly and just gave a little push - and it rattled really loudly against the plastic chair (remember those) that I was sitting on. The whole class burst out laughing

Does anyone else (I admit to this) fart and then sort of 'waft' it up to find out how bad the smell is? Has anyone ever retched at the smell of thier own? It doesn't happen often I know but I have once or twice!

I'm sure i'm going to get kicked off here soon!
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brother used to record his farts on tape when he was a kid, he had quite an impressive collection of guffs on a C90 which he was very proud of.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »

When you do one which is quiet or not loud enough to be heard, you think you've got away with it until you realise it stinks and that invisible cloud will reach the people around you quite shortly - do you remain silent and pretend you haven't noticed or do you get in there first and perform a theatrical act of revulsion to it and throw accusatory glances around?

To the first question i generally get in there first and loudly say "cor who's farted?"

To the second question... yes! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suki c wrote: »
    I found this - it's not me ..........honest!!!!!

I was in the pub yesterday when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to fart. The music was really, really loud, so I timed my farts with the beat.

After a couple of songs, I started to feel better. I finished my pint and noticed that everybody was staring at me.

Then I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod.

Someone text me that the other day :D
  • Options
    John RobinsonJohn Robinson Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »

My advice is to do this, but it is essential not to overdo your reaction. Don't, for heaven's sake, say anything; just look down your nose at your chosen 'victim'.

To answer your final question, yes. I also like to be magnanimous and share the experience with my wife. Unfortunately, she is less than grateful for my generosity.
  • Options
    John RobinsonJohn Robinson Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appleseed wrote: »
    I've waited a long time to post in a thread like this! Now, the loudest (and longest) fart I ever did was in an English lesson at school - I was 16 so that's 24 years ago!. I didn't think it was going to be anything special so I leant forward slightly and just gave a little push - and it rattled really loudly against the plastic chair (remember those) that I was sitting on. The whole class burst out laughing

Does anyone else (I admit to this) fart and then sort of 'waft' it up to find out how bad the smell is? Has anyone ever retched at the smell of thier own? It doesn't happen often I know but I have once or twice!

I'm sure i'm going to get kicked off here soon!

Never. I find my own are invariably quite pleasant (I do hope that I'm not alone here), usually a savoury sort of smell although I suppose that varies according to what I have been eating.

I once thought about doing a PhD on this topic: the reasons why one's own farts smell nice, whilst those belonging to other people smell disgusting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    HAHA i get called a fart pervert coz i laugh for ages when there is a fart on the go hahahah!!!
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Why the hell did I click on this thread? :o

2. Why am I finding all the replies so damn funny and actually have tears running down my face? :eek:

Suppose it's the kid in me escaping once again as I do love this kinda thing! :p
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (I do hope that I'm not alone here)

I hope you are alone there.

I'd hate to think you would be inflicting your odours on someone else. :D
  • Options
    wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had a cat that could have farted for Britain.
    The dirty look it would give afterwards made us feel as if we were the guilty ones.:)
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once let one go in a large Data Centre (a large room full of IT equipment which is temperature controlled).

It was a really vicious hot fart - the product of a chilli-sauce laced kebab and ten pints of guinness the night before. I knew as it left my arse that the fall-out would be lethal.

The air conditioning fans got hold of it and spread it's overwhelmingly foul stench around the whole room. I heard people who were working some 30 metres away from me cry out a variety of blasphemous and panicked shouts before running for the exits.

I had to get out of there myself it was so bad.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You disgusting lot :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    You disgusting lot :D

Come off it Mrs T. I bet you can fart with the best of them.

Go on, we've been cyber-familiar for a while now so you can do a cyber fart in front of me if you like.

:p
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    Come off it Mrs T. I bet you can fart with the best of them.

Go on, we've been cyber-familiar for a while now so you can do a cyber fart in front of me if you like.

:p

Moi

I beg to differ :D

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppp

Scuse me :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • Options