Who would've thought? HAGUE???

Comments

• chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/22/article-1305306-0AE062F1000005DC-590_468x744.jpg

Hague (trying to look young) in the company of young Myers.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the main question is: Who has Hague pissed off in the 'Establishment' to cause all this to appear out of nowhere?

It makes a convenient distraction from the fuss being kicked up by Blairs memoirs.

Just saying. ;)
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    Actually, the way that Nick Robinson put it does make it sound like a pretty bizarre thing.

Why would you share a hotel room with somebody. Why?

'Politician gets taxpayer to fork out for chums seperate hotel room'?

The automatic assumption now is to see sleaze everywhere when it comes to politicos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Especially as the odious Hague was a big fan of Clause (Section) 28 Doesn't surprise me in the least. Often the biggest homophobes have serious concerns about their own sexuality. IMHO the chap wouldn't have felt the need to resign if there was nothing in the story. What has Ffion having miscarriages got to do with anything? Unless a smokescreen? :confused:
    Hague and Myers sharing a stroll in the park:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/25/article-1305907-0AE06325000005DC-736_468x458.jpg
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    I see this is the BBC's biggest story at the moment, even outdoing the Stig's reveal!! :D

It's obvious that this has just been made up as a blind to protect the Stig's identity, in the same way that Wilson's resignation was to take Princess Margaret's divorce off the front pages:)
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The automatic assumption now is to see sleaze everywhere when it comes to politicos.
    Yes sadly that is the trend these days - although to a massive extent MPs have only themselves to blame for that.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecco66 wrote: »
    I've shared on business trips, both to save money or because of space availability and there's never been any hanky panky.

For Mr Hague in hindsight it's probably the wrong call to have made but to dress it up as anything more based on no evidence whatsoever is not going to get this story very far.

Your situation is not analogous to Hague's for several reasons.

First, he is a millionaire.
    Second, he is a high profile politician.
    Third, as far as we know the hotel was not fully booked.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What in a hotel that is not fully-booked? I find that very hard to believe.

Maybe if there were a large group and they all shared but not just two people.

Why is that hard to believe? I've ended on sharing on more than one occasion because a hotel is busy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I clicked on the link (DM) but that MUST mean they are both gay - it's what we gayers do, just walk in the park. You see it all the time and it's a total give away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hague is a millionaire and a high profile politician.

I'm not sure that this would have been taxpayer funded anyway.
  • nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that I clicked on the link (DM) but that MUST mean they are both gay - it's what we gayers do, just walk in the park. You see it all the time and it's a total give away.

Darn right! He's smiling too, the gayest thing of all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your situation is not analogous to Hague's for several reasons.

First, he is a millionaire.
    Second, he is a high profile politician.
    Third, as far as we know the hotel was not fully booked.
    That's the point, you know no more than that.

So what if he's a millionaire, there are plenty that are very frugal (which is why some of them are as rich as they are and why I'm not).

It's true he's a high profile politician and as I said with hindsight it was not the wisest move but it's nothing more than that.
    Forum Member

Myers' foot is pointing towards Hague! Screamers! :eek:

;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I was taking the picture in conjunction with the rest of the story. I am gay BTW.

Why the 'distraction' with Ffion's miscarriage? Why the resignation if there is nothing in the story? Often the most persistant homophobes have concerns about their own sexuality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darn right! He's smiling too, the gayest thing of all!
    Yes, that puts it beyond all doubt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myers' foot is pointing towards Hague! Screamers! :eek:

;)

Oh dear! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the point, you know no more than that.

So what if he's a millionaire, there are plenty that are very frugal (which is why some of them are as rich as they are and why I'm not).

It's true he's a high profile politician and as I said with hindsight it was not the wisest move but it's nothing more than that.

Well that would be an integral piece of information which make the story drop faster than a stone.
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you read your Labour manual and got confused? How do you know it was paid for by the Conservative party? You don't, you are simply trying to fan the flames - entirely unsuccessfully I might add but it's rather entertaining.

it is even more entertaining when you seem to suggest that Hague paid for the room from his own pocket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was taking the picture in conjunction with the rest of the story. I am gay BTW.

Why the 'distraction' with Ffion's miscarriage? Why the resignation if there is nothing in the story? Often the most persistant homophobes have concerns about their own sexuality.
    So? What the heck has that got to do with it?

You are trying to stir muck where there is none and can only put this down to you not liking Mr Hague and his voting record one bit.
    Forum Member

Trainers!!!!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomharry2 wrote: »
    it is even more entertaining when you seem to suggest that Hague paid for the room from his own pocket.
    I didn't. I questioned how you knew the Conservative party had paid. Guess what? You don't.

Right, off for a fun half hour watching Marr and Mr Blair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why resign if a 'non story'?

Why twin rooms?

Why mention miscarriages?

Why such a homophobe?

I think we should have the facts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So? What the heck has that got to do with it?

You are trying to stir muck where there is none and can only put this down to you not liking Mr Hague and his voting record one bit.

I didn't report the story nor did I resign from a job for no reason :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trainers!!!!! :eek:

Bright white trainers. :eek: ;)

Thing is though, why has the 'Special' Adviser resigned?