Options

Advert - "No catch" for Freesat's Space Age twonks?

KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just turned over the TV channel in the middle of what appears to be the new Freesat advert.

For some reason (I missed the start), it appeared to be set on a space station. It consisted of three people, one guy trying to convince two others that there was no catch to Freesat being free, and the others suggesting in an allegedly humorous manner that there must be a catch, suggesting things like "perhaps you have to share a flat with an Australian... boxing kangaroo".

Anyway, the ad ended with the guy insisting that there was no catch to Freesat.

Thing is, there *does* appear to be an obvious catch- they're not on earth, let alone in the UK, so they're unlikely to be able to pick up the directional satellite transmissions.

I must admit I was half wondering if they'd use this as the (non-) "catch" with Freesat at the end of the ad... :o

Comments

• Options
    chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were working/liviing on the 'satellite' doing the transmitting, but I could have wrong end of stick too

but it never pays to overthink adverts - skip fast forward thru them is the only wat
  • Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were working/liviing on the 'satellite' doing the transmitting, but I could have wrong end of stick too

Oh... that *would* make sense (*), like I said I missed the start. :D

(*) At least it'd make sense in the context of a naff advert... doesn't make it any more realistic, but we can put that down to allegedly artistic license. ;)
  • Options
    Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Kodaz wrote: »
    I just turned over the TV channel in the middle of what appears to be the new Freesat advert.

For some reason (I missed the start), it appeared to be set on a space station. It consisted of three people, one guy trying to convince two others that there was no catch to Freesat being free, and the others suggesting in an allegedly humorous manner that there must be a catch, suggesting things like "perhaps you have to share a flat with an Australian... boxing kangaroo".

Anyway, the ad ended with the guy insisting that there was no catch to Freesat.

Thing is, there *does* appear to be an obvious catch- they're not on earth, let alone in the UK, so they're unlikely to be able to pick up the directional satellite transmissions.

I must admit I was half wondering if they'd use this as the (non-) "catch" with Freesat at the end of the ad... :o

The blonde girl has a weird but kind of sexy face, so i'd do her anytime but only doggy style. :D