EE: Will this be the end of Ronnie??

Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With everything coming up in the new year about the:
baby swap

I really don't think Ronnie's character will be able to go any further once this storyline has played out. She has endured so much misery and heartache, that the character has lost any of the 'tragic heroine' stuff that there was when the Danielle storyline was playing out.

This storyline has nuked Ronnie Mitchell imo, what do you think? :confused:

Comments

• SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I dont think it will be. I do think that when the truth comes out it would be great to see a Kat/Ronnie 2 hander episode.
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    No it won't.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    No I dont think it will be. I do think that when the truth comes out it would be great to see a Kat/Ronnie 2 hander episode.

But how can she recover from this? If I were Kat, I would want Ronnie dead after everything she put her through...
  • GrindlewardGrindleward Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    She could say the hospital mixed them up, human error.

That means she won't be prosecuted, mental hospitsl for her though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could say the hospital mixed them up, human error.

That means she won't be prosecuted, mental hospitsl for her though.

How would that work though, as Kat didn't give birth in hospital? She has to realise that Ronnie did it...
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    personally I think Ronnie will be done as a viable character after this.... unless

Kat sees the pain that Ronnie has been through and forgives her

Somehow Kat/Alfie/Jack cover up the switch

I guess a lot depends on how long Sam wants to stay in EE. I think it's fairly safe to say she'll be in Walford for 2011. If she decides to move onto other acting roles, then the reveal will lead up to departure.

do we know for certain that no one finds out next yea. The rumours suggested that this was a 2 year storyline, I can't see how this would last 2 years if the secret got found out by Summer 11.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally I think Ronnie will be done as a viable character after this.... unless

Somehow Kat/Alfie/Jack cover up the switch

I guess a lot depends on how long Sam wants to stay in EE. I think it's fairly safe to say she'll be in Walford for 2011. If she decides to move onto other acting roles, then the reveal will lead up to departure.

do we know for certain that no one finds out next yea. The rumours suggested that this was a 2 year storyline, I can't see how this would last 2 years if the secret got found out by Summer 11.

This sounds so sensational though...

I don't think personally that I could forgive anyone capable of doing that, not least when there are babies involved??

I just think it would be ridiculous for Ronnie to stay in Walford any longer, especially after everything that would have happened, and the shock of all the residents once it gets out.

Of course Ronnie will be around for a while yet, but once the storyline has ended, I can see no real way for Ronnie to carry on without some odd compromise...
  • liliroselilirose Posts: 10,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be the end of Ronnie's character and Sam's exit from EE. Realistically Ronnie won't be able to live with herself after this. What is there left for her to fight for? Does she have any hope left, any dreams to keep her going? All has been shuttered it will really feel like life is not worth living.
    And she won't be able to live on the same road as the mother of the child she put through hell, her husbands family the Brannings, Jim, Dot, Max, Carol. I don't think she will be able to face all these people after the pain they would have gone through.

Also Ronnie herslef wouldn't want to be in a place that reminds her of nothing but three dead children and her father murdered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I think it all depends on whether Sam womack wants to stay. If she has no intention of quitting I honestly believe the writers will find a way to keep ronnie going whereas id Sam's already said she's not renewing her contract or something they'll make sure it is the end of ronnie :(
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can't see how you can do another storyline after this one. its so unrealistic that to try to follow it up with anything less shocking will seem dull. I'd guess its the end of Ronnie (and possibly Roxy too)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think the whole storyline shouldn't be done, how much more misery are they expecting us to swallow when it comes to Ronnie - this is just one dramatic story too far for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    But how can she recover from this? If I were Kat, I would want Ronnie dead after everything she put her through...

To be honest I don't really "get" the character of kat as well as I did during her first stint as she seems rather different but I would be inclined to actually argue that Kat MAY (not so much forgive but) put behind her what ronnie did. Not because she's over it and it a lovely person but because she's shown alot of times in the past that she will just put things behind her. Of course nothing's ever been as bad as a baby swap before BUT if they did a huge emotional two hander where ronnie opens her heart and kat sees what a broken mess she is I could honest see kat walking away and leaving ronnie alone thinking she's suffered enough. I say this because she never wanted anything done about Harry and said she didn't hate him she just felt sorry for him. She never turned chrissie into the police despite making it clear she was horrified by it. She forgave Mo for having an affair with Alfie within the space of one episode and ended up feeling sorry for her.

Of course it's different now, she will have been through hell, well I mean she did with Harry but this is in a new league and Ronnie's not a family member. I do honestly believe though that if sam wanted to stay they would make damn sure Ronnie could SOMEHOW stay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I will depend on how long it goes on for. If it is a short storey line and she gives Tommy back after a few weeks, Ronnie will surely recover. But if it goes on for Months or even years, Ronnie will done for,
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    lets face it, its a ridiculous storyline for ronnie to be involved in.
    this whole tragic heroine stuff is such a yawn-fest, and has been ever since danielle died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so, I'm getting sick of the character. Most character tend to go through stages of happiness/sadness but her its just complete misery. Lets hope this is her exit storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    I was already sort of done with this character when she went to Joel's house and said to his wife that 'I am basically here to steal your husband'. I was surprised more people didn't hate her for that.

I think it will be end of the character as if there's one thing in soap that is a common theme and builds upon a lot of story lines it's families.This is the ultimate betrayal against a family.

Ronnie would not be forgiven by the Square and I doubt even Jack. No person would be able to come back from this and then integrate with the rest of the characters normally.
  • cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    A bit like Stacey being Archie's murderer, this will bring an end to Ronnie's character imo. I'm not sure there's a worse act she could actually commit. And Kat is such a popular character as well, I can't see how her character will recover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    i think this story going to far for ronnie. it will end her charactor. if they wanted to do this story should of done it with someone esle. ronnie has been threw losing a child before and now i defo cant understand why they killed danielle of. as just repeating same story a child dead.i love sam and think she is a great actress but all this again will end her. should of forgot now about babies and given her a different story .kill jack if they wanted ronnie to suffer another death but not a child.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I don't fully understand the storyline... must catch up on spoilers... don't understand about all this swapping business.

Ronnies character has been steadily edging towards outright nutjob for quite some time, I don't see where such a sensational story would end up apart from her getting written out via the Walford Mental Health Team!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very like the storylines Sharon used to get - I remember 2 of her partners being killed either by a stabbing or a fire, the abortion, the inability to have children etc,etc. They never gave her any cheery storylines for long. You can see how Letitia herself got bored of it all in the end.
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully this character has been totally OTT for some while now!
    She's quite mad IMO
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    If there is a God then it will be the end of her. The sooner she's gone the better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarieH wrote: »
    hopefully this character has been totally OTT for some while now!
    She's quite mad IMO

Exactly! I don't know how she is advising Jean to section herself when its quite clear that she belongs there too. BK has ruined Ronnie for good with this storyline, and any subsequent storylines (if any), would just be downright unrealistic and stupid...
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have said yes, but now that I think about it, what they could do is when it's found out, have her sectioned and then after a year or two (allowing the actress to have another child which she has said she wants to) have her come back and try to get her life back, which could be an interesting storyline. This is what I wanted to happened to Stacey after she killed Archie.

Also Ronnie has often showed signs of being unstable, but she has never got help, she just seemed to snap out of it when something happy happens (usually short lived). I think her finally getting help and the break, could breathe new life into the character.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is the end, the end my friend the end. The only plausable thing for ronnie to do come the reveal and there has to be a reveal is top herself.