Do you look young for your age?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm 28 but could easily pass for 21 I've been told. Most of my mates are the same they look younger then they are some even still get ID'd :eek:

Comments

• dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word... No! :D
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Everyone else on DS claim to look like fetuses though.
  • Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    53 going on 40.:D

Well, IMHO anyway.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 28 but could easily pass for 21 I've been told. Most of my mates are the same they look younger then they are some even still get ID'd :eek:

I last got "carded" when buying alcohol at 39, so yep, guess I look young.

I am mean and old inside, though grrrrrrrrrrr :D:D:D
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently yes but I think I look ancient most of the time.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`ve got a friend who`s thirty two and still gets id`d for everything.

i`m about three feet from the mirror youthful.
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am 32 and regually get told I look a lot younger than I am.

When I tell people that I have a 13 year old they always say I must have been 13 when I had her.

I get asked for ID for alcohol a lot as well and when I was 25/26, I was asked for ID when I was trying to buy a lottery ticket.

I have a picture in my profile so have a look and judge for yourself :D

My husband is 33 and he also looks a lot younger than he is, especially when he is clean shaven
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Nope been getting served for **** and boose since I was 14.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to always be told that I looked much younger than I am. They stopped saying it over the last 5 years though, so I must have aged.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 18 but a few months ago i was asked for I-D to buy a 15 DVD, i was offended,

I can still get on a bus for as a child, they don't even ask.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    It has been mentioned that I have boyish good looks despite my advancing years.

My wife is nearly 10 years younger too - back of the net!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People always say I look young for my age, I always say the same to them. Do we actually believe each other :rolleyes:
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    I'm a 32 year old man and people guess my age as being about 25-27 which is a nice compliment I suppose.

I do look after my skin quite well but don't think that my moisturiser is performing miracles (I use Olay Complete SPF15 during the day, and the basic Olay fluid at night), I think it is down to a combination of luck, good genes, and because I look after my skin by exfoliating and using a moisturiser with sun protection all year round so it doesn't dry out or get too much sun damage I happen to look more "youthful" than I actually am - I'm not complaining of course!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People always say I look young for my age, I always say the same to them. Do we actually believe each other :rolleyes:

Nope, 'tis all flattery!

Asked at the bar is a compliment, but don't believe the flannel of friends!:D
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    I'm a 32 year old man and people guess my age as being about 25-27 which is a nice compliment I suppose.

I do look after my skin quite well but don't think that my moisturiser is performing miracles (I use Olay Complete SPF15 during the day, and the basic Olay fluid at night), I think it is down to a combination of luck, good genes, and because I look after my skin by exfoliating and using a moisturiser with sun protection all year round so it doesn't dry out or get too much sun damage I happen to look more "youthful" than I actually am - I'm not complaining of course!

Olay fluid is amazing.

My aunt uses Oil of Ulay twice a day from about 18. She looks in her late 40's. She is 60

My mum (2 years older) always looked her age.

My aunt drinks (high strength lager) and smoked (weed, hash, anything she can get her hands on) and she still looks 10/12 years younger than she is
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member
    People usually say I look somewhere in my early/mid thirties but I am 43. I had very greasy skin with plenty of plooks in my teens. I wonder if that helped. I kept Clearasil in business that's for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phasenine wrote: »
    Nope, 'tis all flattery!

Asked at the bar is a compliment, but don't believe the flannel of friends!:D

'Zackerly :D

If anyone asks you to guess their age, you always estimate, then knock a few years off just in case :o
  • KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to. I think age is creeping up on my looks with a vengeance, though :(.
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Olay fluid is amazing.

My aunt uses Oil of Ulay twice a day from about 18. She looks in her late 40's. She is 60

My mum (2 years older) always looked her age.

My aunt drinks (high strength lager) and smoked (weed, hash, anything she can get her hands on) and she still looks 10/12 years younger than she is

Olay is the only stuff I don't break out with, or have a reaction to - It wasn't based on any family members' experiences, although I had of course heard of other people having great results with it.

I can't use any men's ranges because they're almost all too harsh with fragrances. My skin even itches using Simple :eek:
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 43 and look about 35. I quite enjoy the backpeddling from people when I tell them I have a (nearly) 20 year old son as they make a comment about me being a young mum then realise that I must have been about 15 or so when I had him (I was 23) and get all flustered.
  • MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll prove it with a photo...this was taken in September this year, by my niece. I'm 30 and people often think I look 23/24, something like that :)

http://twitpic.com/3jxkvd
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 18, some people have mistaken me for a 16 year old and some stopped me and asked if I was interested to work in a 21+ pub (earlier this year when I was 17)

My Dad is 47 but cna pass for like a 38 year old. My friends seem to think he is looking like Gerard Butler... and one of my friends called him a DILF.... urghhh
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im 27 and look it :(

5yrs of nights will do that to you :o
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Seemingly I must look 17, as I never get away with being charged child fares, but at the same time nearly always get ID'd for alcohol/cigs, and the rare occasion that I don't is a joyous moment. I am 20 at the moment, so severely hope my boyish looks remain throughout my adulthood!
  • vicktrickvicktrick Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    i'm 27 and have recently been id'd for a lottery ticket :o