Eastenders 30/12/2010 - Labour pains... Episode Discussion

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    I'm referring to this thread.:rolleyes:

Yeah, well hinting at something isn't exactly a spoiler, unless someone actually spoils it.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was tearing up at the end scenes knowing what's coming up tomorrow :(

me too I think I will sky+ tomoro,s could do without anything setting me off in tears hogmany is bad enough
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodstrong episode. Felt like an old one. Gorgeous sam tonight :) Had some funny moments.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Jack doesn't exactly sound emotional.

That'll be down to Scott's marvellous acting.... AGAIN!:rolleyes:

Thats what you get for waltzing off just before your partners birth!:p:p
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

:D lol
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,310
    Forum Member

He was on SCD, he can't be everywhere :p
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Have to agree about Carol/Connor/Whitney, the only saving grace of this story is Bianca's involvement, but sadly she wasn't around today to rescue the dire scenes involving this plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    Kat and Alfie total legends tonight

Kat perhaps.

Shane Richie's acting was abysmal tonight! (And Im someone who usually defends him:rolleyes:) You'd have thought a person who'd witnessed the births of 4 of his own children would know how to emote a birth scene but.... nope!:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Whereas Ronnies was much better & I connected with it more(perhaps had more feeling as we know whats gonna happen tomorrow)

Bring on miserable Alfie thats what I say! At least he can emote that reasonably well!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Have to agree about Carol/Connor/Whitney, the only saving grace of this story is Bianca's involvement, but sadly she wasn't around today to rescue the dire scenes involving this plot.

Strangely I am starting to warm towards the Connor/Carol thing, I think it is because i would so like something to go right for Carol for a change and Connor is starting to act as though he really does care for her, sadly I think it is all going to go horribly wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    I'm seriously getting fed up of Connor.

We finally got rid of Sillie Billie and now they've brought this moron in.

When will the EE writers and producers tire of the inter-familial shag plotline. Familiarity breeds contempt guys...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat perhaps.

Shane Richie's acting was abysmal tonight! (And Im someone who usually defends him:rolleyes:) You'd have thought a person who'd witnessed the births of 4 of his own children would know how to emote a birth scene but.... nope!:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Whereas Ronnies was much better & I connected with it more(perhaps had more feeling as we know whats gonna happen tomorrow)

Bring on miserable Alfie thats what I say! At least he can emote that reasonably well!:rolleyes:

I see what you mean but I suppose Alfie hasn't been at any births, and as Alfie is not very good at coping with serious stuff, he was alternatively joking and resentful when nanna moon was dying, so you could say he is being true to the character of Alfie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will the EE writers and producers tire of the inter-familial shag plotline. Familiarity breeds contempt guys...:rolleyes:

I don't think of carol and whitney as even being related by marriage, they hardly know each other, carol wasn't even speaking to bianca when she was married to Whitney's father whereas carol has known connor for years,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Yeah, must be why he's so fascinating and brilliant to watch. Every scene he is in dominates the episodes and he is possibly the show's best character at the moment. His storyline with Carol is probably the best in Eastenders for years, maybe even decades. Kirkwood has totally redeemed himself with the character of Connor.

.... its the lowest form of wit!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it all babies and stuff but I have been a bit :yawn::yawn::sleep::sleep: this episode
    Is it alright to be completely underwhelmed/bored with all of this?
    I'm looking at the clock.
    Boring episode, basically a filler for whats to come. 1/10

I'm always bored by labour episodes, it's one of the times when I just look forward to the "filler" scenes.

I don't know why Carol got back with Connor; he completely disrespected her before and I didn't have her down as one to tolerate it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I loved the birthing scenes tonight, both VERY true to character. I mean trust ronnie to go in to labour not tell anyone and get on a tube to the hospital alone! Kat was hilarious as usual, Kat and Ronnie are my all-time fav characters and they did great, can't wait til tomorrows ep
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell would Whitney confide in Tiffany about her relationship with Connor?!

The most stupid thing I've witnessed on EE all year.
  • Options
    ChuhChuh Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    Your sad smilie and saying you wish they'd make Ronnie happy for once hinted something bad is going to happen which in itself is a spoiler.:sleep:

A ''spoiler'' which doesn't really spoil anything seeing as nothing was said and you merely made your own assumptions... okay ;)
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the titles of numerous other threads are bigger spoilers than a smilie! :rolleyes:

Well said :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Why the hell would Whitney confide in Tiffany about her relationship with Connor?!

yes I thought that was a bit odd, but i suppose it is to tie in with tiffany seeing carol and connor through the letter box, it would have been more realistic if tiffany had overheard whitney telling somone else though
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,310
    Forum Member

Because none else wants her to be with him lol, Tiffany is young, I doubt Whit would speak to anyone else about it, what does she see in him anyway? Peter was much better.
  • Options
    GrianneGrianne Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Why did the midwife take no care when passing Ronnie her baby, just plonked in on her, great acting!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whitney felt guilty about brushing Tiffany off, I guess, so she told her a "secret" to get back in her good books.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    I don't think of carol and whitney as even being related by marriage, they hardly know each other, carol wasn't even speaking to bianca when she was married to Whitney's father whereas carol has known connor for years,

The fact that Carol has known Connor since he was 10 is not a plus IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Carol has known Connor since he was 10 is not a plus IMO.

yes I must admit that is a bit creepy! my son and his friends are now 25 but when I look at them I still see 10 year olds!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    What an unbelievable storyline. As if they are both going to give birth at exactly the same time just to accomodate the storyline of switched babies. We have been manipulated.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Because it's her little sister and she's happy?
    It's hardly a stretch to expect Tiff to keep a secret from her Mum, kids keep secrets among themselves all the time.

Only there to drive the storyline of course, same reason why Tiff didn't ring the bell to deliver her card personally to her gran.