Does Peter Barlow care about his son at all??

2»

Comments

• Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    My point exactly! And the fact that Peter was willing to go through with it just because it was what he wanted proves him to be a selfish, uncaring monster!

I totally agree. Peter is behaving like a spoiled child that is insisting on getting what he wants and stuff anyone that doesn't like it.
    Course Simon's feelings should come into it. Peter said he would make sure Simon was settled didn't he at the beginning of the second ep. She gave him several opportunities to back out, rejecting his advances several times before giving in. Put yourself in Carla's shoes - she had had the worst two months of her life, been suicidal and been surrounded by people like Anne and Sally who are doubting her. She has the trial up and coming. And suddenly the man she is in love with admits he loves her and wants to be with her - it must be overwhelming.

Peter should have phoned Leanne telling her he was ok, and then told her the truth.

Phoned her? Dump her over the phone? :eek:

I actually do have experience of what Carla has gone through. But I didn't have an ex of mine come into the picture so soon after it, I couldn't bear to be near any man after my experience.
    My self esteem was rock bottom and I didn't trust any man and the idea of getting into a relationship again filled me with horror!

I do agree parents shouldn't stay for the sake of the children but Peter barely seems to have given Simon a second thought, as far as he's concerned when he goes on benders Simon can go to Kens! He went home planning to dump one woman and move on to the next in the next breath.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter's like Ken - putting his love life before his responsibilities. I was watching Sharon Marshall on This Morning and she said that viewers all want Peter and Carla to get together! I couldn't believe it - I've always thought him and Leanne make a great couple.

The only reason I want to see them together is to see them crash and burn...cos they will!! Seeing Carla cope with Simon will be entertaining too!!

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree with Peter, he's had the example of his father and step-mother to follow!!:rolleyes:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree. Peter is behaving like a spoiled child that is insisting on getting what he wants and stuff anyone that doesn't like it.

I actually do have experience of what Carla has gone through. But I didn't have an ex of mine come into the picture so soon after it, I couldn't bear to be near any man after my experience.
    My self esteem was rock bottom and I didn't trust any man and the idea of getting into a relationship again filled me with horror!

I do agree parents shouldn't stay for the sake of the children but Peter barely seems to have given Simon a second thought, as far as he's concerned when he goes on benders Simon can go to Kens! He went home planning to dump one woman and move on to the next in the next breath.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I have a family member who has gone through something very similar too, and I agree wanting a man to leave his wife for you so soon after seems a tad unrealistic! But Carla has nothing really to lose, it's peter who has the family to pull asunder, not her, so she is being just as selfish and heartless as regards Simon as Peter is! And Leanne was her best friend once! :eek:
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No not on the phone, I mean texted/ phoned her that night to set her mind at ease.

And I am sorry for what you gone through, can't imagine what it is like :(

I do think, in the first episode that Peter was rude to Ken, and the he didn't seem to be thinking of Simon. My take on it was that he put it to the back of his mind because he knew he would feel guilty.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all the adult are very selfish in retrospect especially Peter, Leanne and Peter has done wrong in the past and cheat on each other but two wrongs don't make a right and Peter is willing to break up his family and take away the only mother Simon knows away from him after everything his been through, but again I hope that they allow Leanne to remain as his mother because thats what she has been for him.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I think all the adult are very selfish in retrospect especially Peter, Leanne and Peter has done wrong in the past and cheat on each other but two wrongs don't make a right and Peter is willing to break up his family and take away the only mother Simon knows away from him after everything his been through, but again I hope that they allow Leanne to remain as his mother because thats what she has been for him.
    - quite agree. Whatever else the adults do, I hope that Simon and Leanne stay together:)
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed last night's Corrie. Seeing Peter and Carla together (great acting) made you momentarily forget Leanne and Simon, which was what made last night's viewing superb. Carla is going down that same old road again which could lead to her getting hurt. I agree that it's unrealistic to be with somebody so close after rape, however, this is Peter we're talking about who she trusts/loves/feels safe with. This is going to be compelling TV with this storyline, whatever the outcome. Looking forward to it :)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeg wrote: »
    I think Peter's behaviour at the moment is very selfish, however these above statements are not true. Peter had no contact with Simon for the first five years of his life, but not by his choice - Lucy took the baby away and left no forwarding address and Peter was absolutely devastated. When Lucy died and left Simon to his care the reason he at first considered putting him up for adoption wasn't that he didn't care, it was because he was a broken man who was in denial about his drink problem and absolutely did not believe that he was capable of looking after the child, not least because his business in Portsmouth was failing and he had no support system there. The inheritance from Lucy changed things because it meant he could invest in the bookies in Weatherfield and start again afresh, allowed him to both provide for his son and to move closer to his family, so that they'd have a support system.

Simply not true. He was always welcome to live in Coronation Street, with or without the nice little nest egg.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember this old saying peeps " A standing Plick has no Conscience and a Mans Brains are in his B@lls "
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    I think when the whole affairs comes to light Simon will want to stay with Leanne over Peter and that should wake Peter up
    Agreed! simon would probally be better off with leanne or ken even.
    I think Peter is very selfish, he's not thinking of his son or his wife. But then Carla is selfish as well.
    completely agreed:D
    Leanne has been selfish in the past with her affair with Nick- but Peter still went ahead and married her. He must have decided he could move on from it. And to be fair since they got married she has turned it around I think.

I'm just rewatching the episodes now- Peter is a selfish git who doesn't deserve Carla or Leanne. He can't even be honest with Lianne, if he really wants to be with Carla he should be honest with Lianne.

Carla I don't have any sympathy for, she's making another play for a married man who has a child involved. Personally I'm not sure why she wants to be with Peter so badly, if he can treat his wife with such disregard, does she think she will be exempt from that?

Agreed