Women who date celebrity men while they're under suspicion

Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was reading this story about the woman who dated Michael Le Vell through his recent ordeal and it reminded me of Abi Titmuss and her constant presence throughout the John Leslie saga. She later went on to a moderately successful career in modelling and stage acting I believe, with many speculating at the time that this was all she was ever in it for. This woman involved with MLV seems to have wasted little time in selling her story now that he's ended their relationship.

Is there a type of woman who latches onto celebrity men when they're under a dark cloud of suspicion, hoping to ride it out and grab some glory if/when the man is cleared? Or are they just women who genuinely fell for these men, and love has shitty timing? I know I've given only two examples but I'm sure there are more that escape me right now so any suggestions would be helpful. Gender reversed situations would also be welcome but I can't say I've ever noticed one like that myself.

(I would hope the mods see fit to leave this where it is as it's more of a subject about human psychology than the showbiz tittle tattle side of things, and the whole thing would be sidelined in the showbiz forum by people sharing their third hand stories about how Le Vell and Leslie are definitely closet gays anyway)

Comments

• DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi Titmiss was lucky I think. Most women who stick by their famous or unfamous partner who is accused of some of the most heinous crimes would have to face daily abuse from the public for sticking by such a person because let's face it, mud sticks, whether the person is guilty or not.

This woman seems more like a bitter and angry woman lashing out in the best way she thinks she can, ny selling her story to the press, rather than someone with an ulterior motive or garnering fame herself.

Also, the media will have had a lot to do with Abi Titmus fame, they will have decided she was a darling and brave and ooo look she scrubs up well too.
  • TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there are type of man who when living under a cloud of suspicion thinks it may help public perception if they have a supportive woman clinging onto their arm. Could those women not be a little pi55ed off after living through the grim times to be dumped by text straight after they have served their purpose? I mean...the question is surely just as relevant!
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi Titmuss turned up to John Leslie's court appearances in her nurse's uniform, which helped get her noticed. Then she transformed from dowdy nurse to sexy stunner. It was a calculated move, and she executed it perfectly.

Michael Le Vell's girlfriend is just cashing in while she can, it's a very dull, embarrassing (for her) kiss n tell, I hope she made enough money out of it.

I think Taglet's post above raises an interesting point.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Abi Titmuss turned up to John Leslie's court appearances in her nurse's uniform, which helped get her noticed. Then she transformed from dowdy nurse to sexy stunner. It was a calculated move, and she executed it perfectly

The leaked video of the threesome didn't do her any harm either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Abi Titmuss was already dating John Leslie prior to the accusations. I agree having the support of a girl friend who happens to be nurse would not have gone unnoticed by his defence or his media team.

Michael l Vells girlfriend on the other hand chose to start dating him whilst he was accused of a crime and I found this quite odd because she doesn't have the knowledge or the history with him to "know " he was not guilty . I do think from a defence point of view they would think he would look better in the media with the support of a woman particularly as he and his wife had separated and she wasn't there to support him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money diggers.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    The leaked video of the threesome didn't do her any harm either.
    Ah yes, that, too. As I said, calculated. Clever girl, is Ms Titmuss. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This goes back over forty years. Barbara "They was laaavley boys. They only hurt their own kind" Windsor was always seen next to some gangster in the sixties, and probably still is..
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think also some women think they can save a man and that is part of the attraction.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    In the MLV case, it could be more down to wanting to get her own back after the relationship ended, rather than a premeditated gold digging thing. He ended the relationship shortly after he was found innocent, so who was the one being used there?
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any celebrity men who are not currently under suspicion?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »

I think many now carry their own handcuffs to save time.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »

Think Dale Winton is pretty safe but not sure he's beating the gold digging females off with a stick
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »
    Is there are type of man who when living under a cloud of suspicion thinks it may help public perception if they have a supportive woman clinging onto their arm. Could those women not be a little pi55ed off after living through the grim times to be dumped by text straight after they have served their purpose? I mean...the question is surely just as relevant!

I suspect this is close to the truth, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if she was fully aware of the deal and played along with it - perhaps her pitiful 'woman scorned' kiss and tell was part of the deal too?

Or perhaps I'm just horribly cynical.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is a big difference between the ones that were seeing their partner before they were accused of a crime and those like this woman who seem to have started going out with him after he was under suspicion the first time (I think)

I cant work it out myelf, but for those saying that the women face all sorts of tittle tattle and abuse and people saying things about them (the implication being that they wouldnt put themselves through that unless they had a genuine relationship), some people thrive on that, they dont care if its negative attention they just want drama and conflict around them

I do feel very embarrassed for people like her though, selling a story like that, this is private stuff surely?
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What ever happened to Abi? You don't hear about her much now. At one time she was always on our screens much to my dismay .... I couldn't stand the woman.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baz O wrote: »
    What ever happened to Abi? You don't hear about her much now. At one time she was always on our screens much to my dismay .... I couldn't stand the woman.

Doesn't she have a stage acting career or am I confusing her with someone else?