A thread for the neutrals...

Comments

• Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    Had to switch off the Saturday Night Football, can't abide the Gerrard spunkfest.

Same. Started feeling nauseous and the game hasn't even started yet.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

No doubt you felt the same when Sir Alex got exactly the same treatment from Sky on his final Old Trafford game right?
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    No doubt you felt the same when Sir Alex got exactly the same treatment from Sky on his final Old Trafford game right?

Exactly - thought the same. People are free to vote with their remove controls - to make a point on here just comes across as bitter and resentful. Football rivalry can be so ugly at times.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Heavens above, it's his last game for the club he has served so brilliantly, let him have this day, not that he probably wanted it.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    Exactly - thought the same. People are free to vote with their remove controls - to make a point on here just comes across as bitter and resentful. Football rivalry can be so ugly at times.

You really do fancy yourself as some faux-intellectual who's better than everyone else, don't you?
  • NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    After Puncheon dribbled into oblivion, Dann produces some remarkably inept play inviting Lallana to break away and score which he does. Palace don't look likely to spoil the party at Anfield.

Sterling was never especially impressive as a finisher, this season he seems worse.
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ it was Kelly not Dann.
    Forum Member
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    ^ it was Kelly not Dann.

Apologies to Dann ;-)
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really do fancy yourself as some faux-intellectual who's better than everyone else, don't you?

Ah, a personal attack when backed into a corner. Keep digging...
    Forum Member
    Puncheon scores a belting free kick, Palace deservedly level. Liverpool have been flat, unimpressive, since they scored the opening goal.
    Forum Member
    Bolasie and Puncheon have torn the Liverpool defence apart. In this second half Bolasie looks as though he could score/create a goal every time he receives the ball. Palace 2-1 up.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palace really are their bogey team, eh?
    Forum Member
    Palace really are their bogey team, eh?

I think that is a polite way of saying there are serious defects in the Liverpool set up which Palace seems particularly adept at exposing.
  • Sam_Clarke1Sam_Clarke1 Posts: 3,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Positive thing for Rodgers with Palace scoring a 3rd is that he can now sub Gerrard so that he gets a standing ovation rather than staying on till the end trying to get an equaliser
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can Stevie please take Alan Parry with him to America? God that man is insufferable.
    Forum Member
    Shame the Liverpool team, unlike the fans, were incapable of rising to the occasion.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best there ever was. The best there is. The best there ever will be.

PARDEW.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its testament to Palace and the PL in general that they can go to Anfield with nothing to play for and do such a job as they have. Nothing like the PL in the world-every game matters.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Van Gaal has spent a few quid and they've had a few bumps along the way, but it's certainly an impressive feat to get United back in the Champions League in his first season.
    Forum Member
    I know Van Gaal has spent a few quid and they've had a few bumps along the way, but it's certainly an impressive feat to get United back in the Champions League in his first season.

He's done what was expected, neither more nor less; the real test is next season.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NiteOwl12 wrote: »
    He's done what was expected, neither more nor less; the real test is next season.

I think that goes without saying, but i don't think it's entirely fair to downplay it by saying he's "done what was expected". Personally, I still think it's an impressive achievement.
    Forum Member
    I think that goes without saying, but i don't think it's entirely fair to downplay it by saying he's "done what was expected". Personally, I still think it's an impressive achievement.

I think he would have been facing the sack if United had not qualified for the Champions League this season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NiteOwl12 wrote: »
    I think he would have been facing the sack if United had not qualified for the Champions League this season.

He's overtaken Liverpool but Liverpool lost Suarez for the whole season and Sturridge for virtually the whole season. With the money he's been given he would absolutely have deserved the sack if he hadn't overtaken Liverpool. He's also failed to get United back to playing attractive football. Hoofing the ball to Fellaini has been accepted this season because of the need to get back into the CL but next season if he comes fourth and is still playing unattractive football he will be under severe pressure.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Its testament to Palace and the PL in general that they can go to Anfield with nothing to play for and do such a job as they have. Nothing like the PL in the world-every game matters.

Pardew has done a terrific job at Palace and their gain is Newcastle's loss.
    Newcastle will probably lose next Sunday but stay in the EPL. I just can't see Hull scoring against Man U not unless van Gaal and his team turn up in their Flip Flops and speedo's.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavens above, it's his last game for the club he has served so brilliantly, let him have this day, not that he probably wanted it.

Errr...do you have inside information regarding the Liverpool team that will play against Stoke?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.