Options

Lee Evans

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Morning.

Saw him at the O2 last night, we had fairly good seats. He was brilliant, I definately intend to see him again on his next tour.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Is his new shows new material? I can never afford to see him live but I have all his DVD's and he really is the best comedian out there :) "daddy whats that monkey doing?"... *Lee does impression of a monkey masturbating in a zoo*... "errmmm he's lighting a fire" :D

Lee Evans proper legend! :)

Erm, maybe you had to be there..........
  • Options
    LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i saw him when he came to Bristol for some warm up gigs before the official tour started thought he was brilliant! :D my favourite comedian :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bridgetb wrote: »
    Anyone been to see him on this tour yet or going to see him? Saw him last night at Nottingham and was pure class. Just wondering if he does the Cheryl Cole joke - he said he would cut it out of future performances but he must've just been saying that - he got a good response anyway! :D

Nope, that was kept in when I saw him last Wednesday! :p

ETA - I read on facebook that he'd cancelled or postponed a show...I wonder why that is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Nope, that was kept in when I saw him last Wednesday! :p

ETA - I read on facebook that he'd cancelled or postponed a show...I wonder why that is.

Something like a burst water pipe in the O2 Arena I think he postponed it till Monday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the Cheryl Cole joke?
  • Options
    TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, maybe you had to be there..........

To be fair, most jokes aren't really funny when they're written down.
  • Options
    ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is his new shows new material? I can never afford to see him live but I have all his DVD's and he really is the best comedian out there :) "daddy whats that monkey doing?"... *Lee does impression of a monkey masturbating in a zoo*... "errmmm he's lighting a fire" :D

Lee Evans proper legend! :)

Errr, that is funny ? :confused:
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best comedian ever <3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ktla5 wrote: »
    Errr, that is funny ? :confused:

Yeah it is, watch it may be? Many comedians jokes aren't funny when written down, especially when you are a physical comedian like Lee Evans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Something like a burst water pipe in the O2 Arena I think he postponed it till Monday.

Oh right.
  • Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,448
    Forum Member
    hate Lee Evans as a comedian, cannot watch him but loved him in Dr Who
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

something about been someone else that cannot sing! i can't remember the original joke but that was the jist of it,the same with Katie Price been added in as someone who doesn't write her own books but again i cannot remember the original joke!
  • Options
    jaydogzjaydogz Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    He talks about birds singing(dawn chorus) and says how you never hear a bird sing out of tune..... :D

Saw him at the nia a few weeks back, really funny show, laughed all the way thru it.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    The KP joke is along the lines of he saw her at a book signing so she does write some of whats in her books!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babinaba wrote: »
    hate Lee Evans as a comedian, cannot watch him but loved him in Dr Who

i loved him as Malcolm in Doctor Who too!-usually i do not like Lee as an Actor but the part of Malcolm was fantastic!:D
  • Options
    Hells_ChickenHells_Chicken Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    yes he did the Cheryl Cole joke too in Brighton-but also did a Katie Price one that went down well too:D-as shes from Brighton i presumed he only did that joke that night??:confused:

No, He did a 3-4 night run at the Colston Hall in Bristol as a warm up for his tour (does it every year, I do it every year, perks of being a St. Johnner.) He did several KP jokes, and a Cheryl Cole joke that night. KP's jokes went down very well, Cheryl's not so much (Ok, it was the haha-ooooh reaction that Jimmy Carr talks about)

ETA: KP joke 1) Talking about books in Ikea, he said (paraphrase) ..."shelves full of books with nothing in them, Like Katie Prices's novels.... ooh I shouldn't have said that..."

KP joke 2 was something along the lines of not writing her own books. Again followed up by "Ooh that was a bit mean wasn't it" (I was in stitches to be honest!)

Cheryl Cole joke (Talking about Dawn Chorus) The thing about the dawn chorus is that you never hear a bird that cant sing.... except Cheryl Cole (again qualified by saying that it was mean, and not his kind of comedy at all, followed by heckling by the crowd.)
  • Options
    Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bridgetb wrote: »
    Anyone been to see him on this tour yet or going to see him? Saw him last night at Nottingham and was pure class. Just wondering if he does the Cheryl Cole joke - he said he would cut it out of future performances but he must've just been saying that - he got a good response anyway! :D

He did, he did it on Thursday night :D

He was awesome, such a lovely bloke too!

ETA: No Katie Price ones though.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's on The Jonathon Ross show tonight.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from seeing him in Glasgow and he was BRILLIANT! Thought it was much better than BIG. The second half had me in stitches. He done the Cheryl joke but none of the KP ones.
  • Options
    bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are people really heckling at the Cole joke? My god, thought he would get a round of applause! Hmm.. forgot it's a fking criminal offence to say anything negative about Princess isn't it? :p
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Going next month. Scared to read this thread though in case of spoilers, so I won't be back in. lol
    Loved it, loved it, loved it :D Just been to see him tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    He's on The Jonathon Ross show tonight.

i watched him on Jonathon Ross-he seems very awkward around people-bless him-and always makes jokes to seemingly get on with them-i am just reading Lee's autobiography it is very funny!-Lee came from a rough housing estate in Bristol having nothing and been a complete loner so well done Lee for making something of himself :)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Watched an old show of his the other night on Comedy Central and was laughing my arse off! :D

Going to see him on Thursday night. Can't wait :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ I saw him last month, he was brilliant. You'll have a great time. :)