Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    That is sick, but the boys themselves should address it via Twitter - there are so many incidents like this and they don't seem to be doing anything about it.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    That is sick, but the boys themselves should address it via Twitter - there are so many incidents like this and they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

I agree with you - every artist, not just 1D boys, but also for example Bieber, should at least try top stop this, try to calm them and reason with them, because the fans would probably listen to them if they said something. It is not right that they ignore this, that is very irresponsible of them. But like I said before, they are making it worse when they comment something in a negative way and respond to the criticism - because their fans will immediately feel encouraged to harass the people who said something negative about the artist.
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I agree with you - every artist, not just 1D boys, but also for example Bieber, should at least try top stop this, try to calm them and reason with them, because the fans would probably listen to them if they said something. It is not right that they ignore this, that is very irresponsible of them. But like I said before, they are making it worse when they comment something in a negative way and respond to the criticism - because their fans will immediately feel encouraged to harass the people who said something negative about the artist.

For example, the boys' girlfriends (Louis, Liam and Zayn's) have gotten negative comments/death threats off Twitter, and they have tried to stick up for them. However, this is way way worse - I think even the police should be drafted in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, this just proves what I have been saying that the media are especially biased towards 1D which is the only thing I truly hate regarding them.

Timberlake's new album was no.1 on iTunes yesterday in 64 countries and it is still no.1 today in 54 countries.

But surprise, surprise... no one reported that, it seems this is only a huge deal when 1D does that:rolleyes:
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    congrats to JT. 1D looks up to him as idol and inspiration!!:D:cool:
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm sure those who tweeted that are not real fans... and what per cent of the whole fandom tweeted that? i'm sure a whole lot more condemned those tweets...:D
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They got to have the most insane fanbase out there, this is just SICK!:eek:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a466761/one-direction-fans-send-death-threats-to-liam-payne-puppy.html

Such a sick and horrible fan base. Those over jealous horrid little girls need to get a life and fast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Such a sick and horrible fan base. Those over jealous horrid little girls need to get a life and fast.

Why would someone hate them because of people that don't?
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of crazy 1D fans...

https://twitter.com/HarryMyCatDied
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Speaking of crazy 1D fans...

https://twitter.com/HarryMyCatDied

Am I the only one who thinks that's completely bonkers? :eek:
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I don't get it!
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I think you'll find that groups like 1D i.e. boybands are only hated/disliked by half the population, i.e. the male half.

It's cause?

Jealousy. They'll deny it of course but they can't bear other males who are rich, young, goodlooking and worst of all - have girls chasing after them down the street.

All the things they want but will never have. It's as old as time.
  • metal boxmetal box Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll find that groups like 1D i.e. boybands are only hated/disliked by half the population, i.e. the male half.

It's cause?

Jealousy. They'll deny it of course but they can't bear other males who are rich, young, goodlooking and worst of all - have girls chasing after them down the street.

Well im not male, and I dislike one direction. My young teenage daughters dislike them too...and they aren't male either.

To be fair, its not the lads themselves i dont like, its just all the hype surrounding them. There always has - and always will be - boy bands... but this one has been forced onto the public since the very beginning. Cheers Simon!

Incidentally, Taylor Swift's cat also recieved death threats from some 1d fans.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

It's cause?

I'm a 23 year old female and I can't stand them. I'm not jealous of them at all. I don't like them because their music is absolute rubbish and they are so overhyped it's ridiculous. Some people seem to think of them as the second coming of music and they're not. There's nothing special or unique about them.
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who thinks that's completely bonkers? :eek:

No, you are not.

Listen to this if you still think they cannot sing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VsLTbhMlXU
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    errrr because its manufactured pap for 12 year olds. There are so many bands out there that deserve more exposure than these kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you are not.

Listen to this if you still think they cannot sing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VsLTbhMlXU

I just don't understand why they don't harmonize. They sound like 5 solo singers, they are not even singing together in the chorus. The charm in boybands is supposed to be that they are harmonizing very well. Here they don't sound like a band to me...
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand why they don't harmonize. They sound like 5 guys singing individually, they are not even together in the chorus. The charm in boybands is supposed to be that they are harmonizing very well. Here they don't sound like a band to me...

That is an edited version of that single - the vocals are 'extracted' and the guitar is put in. Someone found it on Tumblr and decided to post it to YouTube.

If you want to hear a proper performance with them harmonising, here are a few:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ondUTfaHV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgRlmSLjfiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN33hCEDVQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDv7efxb4No

They can harmonise, it's just not clear in some performances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is an edited version of that single - the vocals are 'extracted' and the guitar is put in. Someone found it on Tumblr and decided to post it to YouTube.

If you want to hear a proper performance with them harmonising, here are a few:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ondUTfaHV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgRlmSLjfiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN33hCEDVQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDv7efxb4No

They can harmonise, it's just not clear in some performances.

You don't have to give me more examples, I told you before that I never said they can't sing.;)

I think the bottom line in all this is, as long as they continue to sing bubblegum teen pop that don't acquire any demanding vocals, there will always be people who will say they can't sing and that they are annoying, talentless boyband and their fanbase won't get hugely diverse. They need to grow more musically because their albums are very very similar to each other.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D
    You don't have to give me more examples, I told you before that I never said they can't sing.;)

I think the bottom line in all this is, as long as they continue to sing bubblegum teen pop that don't acquire any demanding vocals, there will always be people who will say they can't sing and that they are annoying, talentless boyband and their fanbase won't get hugely diverse. They need to grow more musically because their albums are very very similar to each other.

I know you think I defend them just for the sake of it but I genuinely disagree with your comment. Some of the songs they sing are vocally demanding as commented on by others. Lastt week there was a singing comp with Ashley Judd as a judge and all three groups sang live while you are young and the judges commented that it was a vocally demanding song (said by Carrie Grant who vocally knows what she is talking about!) Not many singers can reach Zayn's high notes in quite a few of their songs.

I also think they have progressed from album 1 to album 2 ok maybe not a huge leap but that is quite normal for most acts and especially a boy or girlband. It is album 3 I will be looking for progression on a bigger scale.

So many posters say their songs all sound the same I am not sure how they can say a ballad sounds the same as an uptempo one or a dance track which both albums have a varerty of. I believe the are confusing all the songs as sounding the same with a signature sound which if you listen to the radio a lot as I do you can spot the artist just by the style of song. Taylor Swift, Adele, Bruno Mars, Stooshie, Olly Murs.

Anyway as usual let's agree to disagree :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    :D

I know you think I defend them just for the sake of it but I genuinely disagree with your comment. Some of the songs they sing are vocally demanding as commented on by others. Lastt week there was a singing comp with Ashley Judd as a judge and all three groups sang live while you are young and the judges commented that it was a vocally demanding song (said by Carrie Grant who vocally knows what she is talking about!) Not many singers can reach Zayn's high notes in quite a few of their songs.

I also think they have progressed from album 1 to album 2 ok maybe not a huge leap but that is quite normal for most acts and especially a boy or girlband. It is album 3 I will be looking for progression on a bigger scale.

So many posters say their songs all sound the same I am not sure how they can say a ballad sounds the same as an uptempo one or a dance track which both albums have a varerty of. I believe the are confusing all the songs as sounding the same with a signature sound which if you listen to the radio a lot as I do you can spot the artist just by the style of song. Taylor Swift, Adele, Bruno Mars, Stooshie, Olly Murs.

Anyway as usual let's agree to disagree :D

Of course, I respect your opinion. And by the way, I said they should grow in the future, which you agree.

But I also bolded this little part to explain something:

To me, their uptempos truly sound very similar: Live While We're Young, One Thing, What Makes You Beautiful, Kiss You... these singles all sound very similar to me - and when I actually listened to their album, everything jumbled in my head because the uptempo songs are so similar to each other, while 2 Sheeran ballads are also VERY similar to each other.

And hey, if many posters feel the same way, at least it means i am not imagining things:D
    Forum Member
    I don't think What Makes You Beautiful for example is such an easy song to sing for a male if you are going to do it perfectly, especially if you are going for all the big notes.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're the first boyband who have made me feel ancient (I'm 25)

So young and cheery and bouncy and I know if I were still 13 I'd love them.

So, yes, ancient. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    They're the first boyband who have made me feel ancient (I'm 25)

So young and cheery and bouncy and I know if I were still 13 I'd love them.

So, yes, ancient. :(

This response made me laugh because I feel like you and I'm also turning 25 in September:D

I sometimes think I would also have liked them if I was 11-13, but then again, I'm not so sure. They certainly don't remind me musically of any older boybands like BSB, Boyzone, Nsync, Take That, Blue or Westlife, none of them had such teen, bubblegum cheery music and I know I never liked that kind of music when I was a kid. I remember that I only liked Britney Spears at that age:D

So, I understand your view perfectly - they are way to cheery and bouncy for my musical taste:)
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    ^ I don't get it!

A lot of bonkers fans trying to get Harry Styles to mention them or follow them on twitter by getting him to feel sorry for them. Crackers!