Options

Louis Smith Appreciation Thread (2)

Comments

• Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some folks would have it that ADHD doesn't exist and that these children (mainly boys) are merely exuberant, high-spirited, lively types, and they are medicated (often for years) merely to give their parents an easier time, day and night.

Here's a pic - just because I like it! :)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/64615000/png/_64615486_mmgymsmithonstrictlyand2012v2.png
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    Thanks, Sophie. :) Edit: and hi, Korky. :)

A really lovely blog about what a great role model Louis is for people with ADHD. :)

http://www.wehaveavoice.org.uk/?p=928
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Daisy! :) Have you ever wondered how Louis is able to drive if he cannot concentrate for very long? If his mind wanders.......:eek: He also plays those 'video' game thingies on his telly screen for many hours at a stretch.
  • Options
    lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Sophie. :) Edit: and hi, Korky. :)

A really lovely blog about what a great role model Louis is for people with ADHD. :)

http://www.wehaveavoice.org.uk/?p=928

I came across this earlier, we must have been googling the same thing! Maybe your detective skills are rubbing off :) Although I bet you'll always get there first :mad::D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Daisy! :) Have you ever wondered how Louis is able to drive if he cannot concentrate for very long? If his mind wanders.......:eek: He also plays those 'video' game thingies on his telly screen for many hours at a stretch.

Not sure about the driving, but I remember hearing that people with ADHD tend to excel at video games. Here's an article that talks a bit about it below.

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/childhood-adhd/features/adhd-and-video-games
    lucy777 wrote: »
    I came across this earlier, we must have been googling the same thing! Maybe your detective skills are rubbing off :) Although I bet you'll always get there first :mad::D:D

Aww, sorry, Lucy! :o If it helps, it was your first post of that girl's tweet last night, that has provided us with wonderful conversation about Louis' latest admirable project!:)

This tweet makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :*)

ADHD and Autism Harrow @ADHDandAutism
    Thanks so much @louissmith1989 for inspiring our young people yesterday at #whytry
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen that before but I love Louis' hair au naturel, no white scalp in sight. :) Note his cheeky mannerism towards Paul at 3.05! His lack of confidence is apparent and Paul has certainly helped with that! Lou was 19 (or nearly).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like Louis is on duty again tonight. :cool: The school is Arthur Mellows Village College in Peterborough. Hope we get some pics! :p

Poppy Reynolds @fairiepoppy
    Presentation evening tonight at #AMVC with @louissmith1989 Vexcited. Well done to everyone receiving an award. #very proud #school governor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that his alma mater? Surely there will be at least one pic. He's off to Austria next week so hope there will be many pics from there!

Does anyone else feel sad looking at Louis' old dances? In fact it's a bittersweet feeling.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Photo from tonight I think - looks like a school
    http://statigr.am/p/420335066557088185_243319511
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Isn't that his alma mater? Surely there will be at least one pic. He's off to Austria next week so hope there will be many pics from there!

Does anyone else feel sad looking at Louis' old dances? In fact it's a bittersweet feeling.....

On cold, damp evenings, it is a joy to see Louis' dances on Strictly again and again - with the knowledge he won the series. He is the Champion :D
    Also, still loved all Louis' and Flavia's appearances on ITT.

However, I can't watch the judges critcising Louis' paso doble or the American Smooth. Far too painful. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yay!!!!! Thanks, Tooold4this! :) Look at that pretty smile! :) The comments next to the pic are making me :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like he was a hit!! :D

Chloe Cooper @3coopsx
    @louissmith1989 you were soo good tonight 'congratulations you should be proud of yourself' awhhh so nice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Louis is on duty again tonight. :cool: The school is Arthur Mellows Village College in Peterborough. Hope we get some pics! :p

Poppy Reynolds @fairiepoppy
    Presentation evening tonight at #AMVC with @louissmith1989 Vexcited. Well done to everyone receiving an award. #very proud #school governor

I think it's just so great that Louis is still attending events like this. His humility is amazing. He has 3 Olympic medals & the glitter ball & could really be courting the gutter press & the zlebs but instead finds time for events that resemble my 12 year olds awards night! I love him :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well said , Lucy!!

Love this tweet below. He's so sweet! :*)

Tara Howell @TaraHowell1
    @louissmith1989 Ahhhhh I am soooooo happy. You liked my dress and signed my certificate and gave me an extra photo :D<3 #bestnightever #<3
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Well said , Lucy!!

Love this tweet below. He's so sweet! :*)

Tara Howell @TaraHowell1
    @louissmith1989 Ahhhhh I am soooooo happy. You liked my dress and signed my certificate and gave me an extra photo :D<3 #bestnightever #<3

Aaawww, that's lovely :D Love Louis jacket tonight too :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ???s - Why he thinks politics is b......s, how many hours' sleep he usually has, what he cooks for himself, if he ever goes for long walks by himself, ever written a poem, what does he daydream about, why no pictures on his walls (in his old house), how would he cope alone on a desert island, most embarrassing moment...t.b.c.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ???s - Why he thinks politics is b......s, how many hours' sleep he usually has, what he cooks for himself, if he ever goes for long walks by himself, ever written a poem, what does he daydream about, why no pictures on his walls (in his old house), how would he cope alone on a desert island, most embarrassing moment...t.b.c.

This isn't a dating website Korky!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: Just replying further to Lindy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know :) Just a joke :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pic of his autograph.... Sorry, pics of his gorgeousness are thin on the ground so far tonight. Plus it's also confirmation of why he was there! :D

http://statigr.am/p/420419058709541423_191248051
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oooh, good questions Korky ;) I especially like the ones about how much sleep he usually gets, if he ever goes for long walks by himself, written a poem, why no pictures on walls, etc......in fact, all of them! :p I think they go to the heart of one thing I'd really like to know, and that is, how reflective is he as a personality? Does he think about life a lot? I certainly get the impression he does :) In fact the luscious Louis is an amazing mixture of action man, sex object and thoughtful individual.........:o:cool::D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Great pic.....bet he'd never have imagined this situation, even just a few short years ago! Must be so inspiring for lots of the schoolkids :)
This discussion has been closed.