Options

Amanda Knox appeal

Comments

• Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Me too. And in true DS Armchair Detective style, I've read a lot of transcripts etc. It was a staged break in. Why would someone who didn't live there need to do that?

I believe that Knox and Sollecito (?) were very much involved. The evidence was bungled and apparently contaminated, but putting all that aside, all the other aspects of that evening lead me to the conclusion that they are guilty.

Most of all I want the Kerchers to finally be able to put this to rest and mourn their daughter without all this hanging over them.
  • Options
    EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Ironically, if she'd kept to her first story and only approximation to the truth IMO - spaced out on drugs, there at the time, but couldn't remember if she'd cut Meredith's throat or not - she'd probably be out on licence by now and more of less free to put it behind her.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Do you know what exactly was said during this Skype call?

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Rudy_Guede%27s_Skype_Conversation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He specifically said Knox had nothing to do with it, she wasn't even there..

Stating something as a fact does not make it a fact

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Rudy_Guede%27s_Skype_Conversation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ironically, if she'd kept to her first story and only approximation to the truth IMO - spaced out on drugs, there at the time, but couldn't remember if she'd cut Meredith's throat or not - she'd probably be out on licence by now and more of less free to put it behind her.

Or she goaded Sollecito, a loner with violent fantasies and an obsession with knives into the murder, then returned later to stage the break-in.

This is very possible IMO.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Or she goaded Sollecito, a loner with violent fantasies and an obsession with knives into the murder, then returned later to stage the break-in.

This is very possible IMO.

they're both twisted imo.
  • Options
    chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to fall into the cliche of "she looks dodgy therefore she's guilty"... but I've always felt that something about her demeanor seems off. Maybe she has flat affect due to a disorder. Whatever. She just doesn't strike me as 'normal'.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I'm still convinced she's as guilty as sin.

Which is why the Yanks will never let their Golden Girl be extradited. At least she can't travel abroad any more. But I guess that's compensated for by the thrill of the kill still fresh in Lil' Mandy's memory.
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    I hate to fall into the cliche of "she looks dodgy therefore she's guilty"... but I've always felt that something about her demeanor seems off. Maybe she has flat affect due to a disorder. Whatever. She just doesn't strike me as 'normal'.
    Funny, I recall many people saying the same thing about Christopher Jefferies when he was in the frame for Joanna Yeates' murder. I guess judging books by their covers isn't the best yardstick for asserting innocence.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you highlight some points as to why you are convinced of her guilt?
    Sorry I don't have time to get into it all right now.

There was another large thread about the case on here not that long ago - you should be able to search for it. I remember making a few, long detailed posts on there.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a Minx....simple as that She knows what really went on that night but is prepared to do anything to avoid jail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't have time to get into it all right now.

There was another large thread about the case on here not that long ago - you should be able to search for it. I remember making a few, long detailed posts on there.
    Just a summary. Just a one-liner. You are convinced of her guilt and have read a great deal on the case, so it should be easy, no?
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Do you know what exactly was said during this Skype call?

I've seen a transcript of it.

I'll try and find it tomorrow
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I recall many people saying the same thing about Christopher Jefferies when he was in the frame for Joanna Yeates' murder. I guess judging books by their covers isn't the best yardstick for asserting innocence.

There are also people who act like that who are guilty of heinous acts
  • Options
    EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member

Though Knox came across as an unpleasant, attention-seeking weirdo, there's still s stretch to be made to make her a suspect, not least that there was absolutely no evidence of anything abnormal or criminal in her upbringing, other then a few silly photos, that in these days of selfies and social media wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

I think even without the contested forensic evidence (the attempted discrediting of which has been mendacious to put it mildly), it's the old fashioned stuff, circumstantial and based on the palpable lying by all three convicted murderers throughout, that convinces me that the Italians have got this one right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a summary. Just a one-liner. You are convinced of her guilt and have read a great deal on the case, so it should be easy, no?
    A summary one-liner? Really?
    Ok then.

Staged break-in, DNA evidence, constantly changing stories, implicating an innocent man. Etc.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A summary one-liner? Really?
    Ok then.

Staged break-in, DNA evidence, constantly changing stories, implicating an innocent man. Etc.

You're welcome.

Superior much? If you don't have time, why are you here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Superior much? If you don't have time, why are you here?
    Just responding to an equally 'superior' and patronising post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Though Knox came across as an unpleasant, attention-seeking weirdo, there's still s stretch to be made to make her a suspect, not least that there was absolutely no evidence of anything abnormal or criminal in her upbringing, other then a few silly photos, that in these days of selfies and social media wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

I think even without the contested forensic evidence (the attempted discrediting of which has been mendacious to put it mildly), it's the old fashioned stuff, circumstantial and based on the palpable lying by all three convicted murderers throughout, that convinces me that the Italians have got this one right.

She is an odd girl and that's a fact.
    Sollecito was an odd boy and that is also a fact.
    Did their personalities collide to create a monster?

I think there is a chance that this happened.

Saying the Italians messed it all up is wrong really, it's been a very thorough investigation. Yes mistakes were made, but just look at the Claudia Lawrence case. It happens.
  • Options
    chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree.

Just because Jeffries was wrongly accused it does not mean that every single instinct that every human has had about another is wrong.
    It's right to be cautious but our instincts tell us a lot about others. It is the way we evolved to survive.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    And some think she is innocent based on her looks didn't she get the nickname Foxy Knoxy based on her looks.

If she was ugly not as many would think she was innocent or even care about her.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping she wins the appeal because of no DNA evidence in the murder room and no proof of a staged break in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just responding to an equally 'superior' and patronising post.
    Sorry, where was the patronisation?

Me:
    "... many people takes sides in cases like this without knowing detailed facts."

You:
    "I read the detailed facts and am convinced she is guilty."

Me:
    "Please tell me what convinces you."

You:
    "No time."

Me:
    "Just bullet points then."

You:
    *stroppy statements anyone could make from reading tabloid press*

You responded to me directly and made a pretty definitive statement that you were convinced of her guilt. Don't throw the toys out of the pram when someone asks why.

And the search function isn't working brilliantly before you tell me to read another thread.
    There are also people who act like that who are guilty of heinous acts
    Thankfully the justice system in most countries doesn't convict based on dodgy haircuts or subhuman facial features.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And some think she is innocent based on her looks didn't she get the nickname Foxy Knoxy based on her looks.

If she was ugly not as many would think she was innocent or even care about her.

Yeah, I suspect quite a few out there would base their decision of if she's guilty on her looks.