New Doctor Who Fan (Part 3)

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that wound me up too

But i do like the way the moff is dismissive of Blink though.

i like the way both of them answered the question, but I found it rather crass and almost rude to effectively ask RTD if he is trying to 'out do' Steve.

I also find it odd that no mention was made of Midnight which many people find to be more scary than Blink.

Ben Cook is fab, but I didn't like that segment much.
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good point. Could i handle living with 2 of them

Tell you what, lets send them both to someone else :D

Any suggestions?
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    i like the way both of them answered the question, but I found it rather crass and almost rude to effectively ask RTD if he is trying to 'out do' Steve.

I also find it odd that no mention was made of Midnight which many people find to be more scary than Blink.

Ben Cook is fab, but I didn't like that segment much.

Agreed. it just seemed like a crappy way to fit the moff into the interview which should have been about DT and RTD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. it just seemed like a crappy way to fit the moff into the interview which should have been about DT and RTD.

Exactly. There are three episodes left of the DT/RTD era...would be be too much to ask for the article to have been about them? or, you know, how about a few words from the supporting cast of WoM?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    Tell you what, lets send them both to someone else :D

Any suggestions?

hmm who do i dislike enough to inflict that much pain ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. There are three episodes left of the DT/RTD era...would be be too much to ask for the article to have been about them? or, you know, how about a few words from the supporting cast of WoM?

translated as "Why cant we have an in depth interview with Peter O Brien";)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    translated as "Why cant we have an in depth interview with Peter O Brien";)

now, now.....a few lines would have done! And a picture of him in his swimming trunks of course...:D
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    Its a deal. In a few years, said teenager will be old enough to fend for himself (ie get chucked out ;)) and we'll have peace and quiet. whereas the monster will still be a monster and you will have the teenage years still to come

Dont think you have thought this through webby ;)

*Weedle chucks in a curved ball.............*

aaahh... point of contention Missus Dgem ;)

I regularly serve a customer who has a son aged about 25 - don't know her name but his is James ;)
    Now......every week said lady and James come up to my till to be served and have a chat and exchange pleasantries etc and James, for that is his name, talks to me about the "stuff"in his mum's trolley......James's beers; James's Xbox games; James's Star Trek mags; James's PS3 mags.....
    de deh de deh deh,,

as his mum shops, he sneaks stuff into HER trolley, knowing full well that she will pay for it, as HE IS BROKE!!!! - I really don't know if he has a job (he's there EVERY week, unless that's his day off ;) ) and I know he still lives at home and has no intention of moving out - he can't afford it! too right he can't afford his own expensive lifestyle!!! :eek: last week, he must have added about £80 to her bill!! now he MIGHT settle up with her when they get home but I very much doubt it! :eek:

Whilst Monster might only be a tweenie, a couple of In the Night Garden DVDs; a Tikkabilla toy and a Peppa Pig cuddly (and some Who goodies of course!!) and she's happy! Chuck in some smiley face potato shapes, some half decent sausages and Tweenies pasta shapes and a bottle of squash - she's fed too!!

PLUS - you can put her to bed when YOU feel like it ;) as a parent of two teenagers, the time is coming when *I* will be going to bed before them!!!

Case over *thinks Weedle has won this in favour of nippers over teenagers*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmm who do i dislike enough to inflict that much pain ;)

RTD!!!!! A just payback for the Death of Ianto!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Weedle chucks in a curved ball.............*

aaahh... point of contention Missus Dgem ;)

I regularly serve a customer who has a son aged about 25 - don't know her name but his is James ;)
    Now......every week said lady and James come up to my till to be served and have a chat and exchange pleasantries etc and James, for that is his name, talks to me about the "stuff"in his mum's trolley......James's beers; James's Xbox games; James's Star Trek mags; James's PS3 mags.....
    de deh de deh deh,,

as his mum shops, he sneaks stuff into HER trolley, knowing full well that she will pay for it, as HE IS BROKE!!!! - I really don't know if he has a job (he's there EVERY week, unless that's his day off ;) ) and I know he still lives at home and has no intention of moving out - he can't afford it! too right he can't afford his own expensive lifestyle!!! :eek: last week, he must have added about £80 to her bill!! now he MIGHT settle up with her when they get home but I very much doubt it! :eek:

Not on my watch :D they'd get a clip around the lughole if that was my kid ;)
    Whilst Monster might only be a tweenie, a couple of In the Night Garden DVDs; a Tikkabilla toy and a Peppa Pig cuddly (and some Who goodies of course!!) and she's happy! Chuck in some smiley face potato shapes, some half decent sausages and Tweenies pasta shapes and a bottle of squash - she's fed too!!
    pmsl you have a point. although nowadays monster eats more than me and when asked what she wants for dinner is more likely to ask for "enchiladas" than sausages :D - she has expensive tastes
    PLUS - you can put her to bed when YOU feel like it ;) as a parent of two teenagers, the time is coming when *I* will be going to bed before them!!!

Case over *thinks Weedle has won this in favour of nippers over teenagers*

But teens can put themselves to bed. Feed them and off they toddle to entertain themselves. 9pm is her bedtime. 10pm she is still bouncing up and down on the bed trying out her kung fu moves (damn that panda) or pretending to be a cyberman
    :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RTD!!!!! A just payback for the Death of Ianto!!! :D

ha! over my dead body!

*bares teeth*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha! over my dead body!

*bares teeth*

hehehe send them to the moff

show him the real meaning of horror
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha! over my dead body!

*bares teeth*

In which case, lets send them to the "save the Coffee boy" sorority :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my blood is boiling over that story about the PM's letters in the sc*m this morning. We need a dalek to exterminate Rupert Murdoch! :mad:

*rant over*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my blood is boiling over that story about the PM's letters in the sc*m this morning. We need a dalek to exterminate Rupert Murdoch! :mad:

*rant over*

I think we should just chuck some vinegar over him ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*rant over*

your not the only one

the whole thing has left a very sour taste in my mouth

I am so close to upping sticks and moving its unbelievable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your not the only one

the whole thing has left a very sour taste in my mouth

I am so close to upping sticks and moving its unbelievable

my only hope is the whole thing backfires on them. It's actually illegal to pass on the recording of a taped conversation to a third party without consent for one thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my only hope is the whole thing backfires on them. It's actually illegal to pass on the recording of a taped conversation to a third party without consent for one thing.

doesnt matter. they seem to be bloody untouchable.

Hmm i really shouldnt go into this here as i have very strong feelings on the whole situation :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doesnt matter. they seem to be bloody untouchable.

Hmm i really shouldnt go into this here as i have very strong feelings on the whole situation :mad:

oh i know they won't be bought to book for it, worst luck, but still.

yeah probably best not to get in to it here, but sometimes i bloody despair of this country, especially the last few months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh i know they won't be bought to book for it, worst luck, but still.

yeah probably best not to get in to it here, but sometimes i bloody despair of this country, especially the last few months.

Because we are on the verge of moving houses it just seems like a perfect time to get away from the madness all together.

All of the numpties that are jumping on the bandwagon should read Naomi Kleins "shock doctrine"
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    Not on my watch :D they'd get a clip around the lughole if that was my kid

pmsl you have a point. although nowadays monster eats more than me and when asked what she wants for dinner is more likely to ask for "enchiladas" than sausages she has expensive tastes

But teens can put themselves to bed. Feed them and off they toddle to entertain themselves. 9pm is her bedtime. 10pm she is still bouncing up and down on the bed trying out her kung fu moves (damn that panda) or pretending to be a cyberman

:eek:
    WHAAAT??!! and have an off duty Policeperson listen in to your convo and then follow you home and then get you listed as a pontential child abuser??!!

sorry...but that absolutely farked me off!! :mad::mad: that poor woman and that officious Policeperson telling the Child Protection Officers!!! WTF?!

the number of times *I* was threatened with being *clouted* *given a good hiding* or a *doughboy* :confused - never did find out what a doughboy was!! when I was a child/teenager!!

and the number of times *I* have threatened the Weedlettes with the same!!

It hardly ever happened with me, and if it did, I almost always deserved it and MORE! :eek: :o

There is a hooooooooooooooge difference to giving your own child - who is being lary in a supermarket - the threat of "what they could get" to actually physically harming or abusing a child :cry:

Those that verbally threaten to give their child a clump in other people's hearing aren't the ones to watch - it's those that do it in secret :cry:

But I think James's mum has just got conditioned to it. She never seems to be overly narky about it - she just says to me "what's that of his, that I didn't see him put in the trolley, are you putting through now?"

lol at enchiladas :) what strength of salsa though?

*sigh* - what's the oldest item of packet food in your cupboard? I have just found a Pasta n Sauce item that Doctor One probably bought in the local Costcutters Gallifrey - it's dated BBE 1993 :o - that's before I had the Weedlettes!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol at enchiladas :) what strength of salsa though?

*sigh* - what's the oldest item of packet food in your cupboard? I have just found a Pasta n Sauce item that Doctor One probably bought in the local Costcutters Gallifrey - it's dated BBE 1993 :o - that's before I had the Weedlettes!!

mild. I hate hot Salsa so we never have it. She loves peppers though and just last week found the beauty of Chicken Tikka masala and pilau rice :D

Nothing out of date in my cupboards. Hubby's OCD wont allow it :D Cleanest cupboards in the land
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,666
    Forum Member

Solamenn - who the 'eck is Art? :D

Art is the guy who gets killed in the first five minutes of WoM.
    ... Oops, should have I spoil-tagged this ? ;)
  • kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening nice to see the whoonies (well most of us anyway) are consistant in there behaviour that i knew much squeeeing and a few THUD's would occure once thoes photos were seen :D:p

Personaly i cant wait for the karen gillian pictures to star filtering through the whoonieverse :D:p

Anyway up early so seen the GN interview and was it only me that was struck (behave now gem and muttley) at davids answer to GN asking if he had filmed with matt DT seemed very very caught off guard by that question and went into a kinda panic response mode !!

Regards

Kenneth xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kw4121 wrote: »
    Evening nice to see the whoonies (well most of us anyway) are consistant in there behaviour that i knew much squeeeing and a few THUD's would occure once thoes photos were seen :D:p

Personaly i cant wait for the karen gillian pictures to star filtering through the whoonieverse :D:p

Anyway up early so seen the GN interview and was it only me that was struck (behave now gem and muttley) at davids answer to GN asking if he had filmed with matt DT seemed very very caught off guard by that question and went into a kinda panic response mode !!

Regards

Kenneth xx

yeah it did get me thinking that there is going to be more than meets the eye with this regeneration.
This discussion has been closed.