Now that it's over, who prefers the "business partner" prize?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
Forum Member
I think it was a good idea in theory but has been executed so poorly. It's all very well telling Helen that if what was on offer was the original prize she would've walked it, but the tasks this series could've easily been implemented in any previous one. Surely tasks should cater towards building a business plan? Granted I have no idea how they'd do that, but at least with the job offer you could easily convince yourself that the tasks had a large bearing on who Lord Sugar hired. There's just no hiding it this time. The series has been great entertainment as it always is, but I can't help but feel the whole process was completely redundant. So yeah, was just wondering what everyone else thought.

On a side note, did anyone find the interviews more boring this year? They're usually my favourite episode but I didn't really feel like we saw much at all.

Comments

• DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PythonFang wrote: »
    I think it was a good idea in theory but has been executed so poorly. It's all very well telling Helen that if what was on offer was the original prize she would've walked it, but the tasks this series could've easily been implemented in any previous one. Surely tasks should cater towards building a business plan? Granted I have no idea how they'd do that, but at least with the job offer you could easily convince yourself that the tasks had a large bearing on who Lord Sugar hired. There's just no hiding it this time. The series has been great entertainment as it always is, but I can't help but feel the whole process was completely redundant. So yeah, was just wondering what everyone else thought.

On a side note, did anyone find the interviews more boring this year? They're usually my favourite episode but I didn't really feel like we saw much at all.

The two younger people were very poor interviewers and that elevator stand at the door guy was pathetic.

Where was the little beardy man this year that took Baggs to task Bordan someone
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree, i prefer The Apprentice of old with the job. This series for me lacked spark although it had some quality characters with Jim, Melody, Tom, Susan, Vincent, etc.

I enjoyed the squirming through the interviews stage but this year's interviews were nowhere near as enjoyable as last series. I don't think they were all that tough and inquisitive to be honest. Remember Stuart Baggs moment of last year at the interview stage, where was the equivalent of that this year?

Plus you have to remember they ditched 2 of last year's interviewers for the 2 new younger blokes tonight who for me were a waste of time. Absolutely useless! The interviews definetely need to be a lot more tougher again.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I much prefer this prize. I don't think the execution was as bad as has been made out, and I expect next year candidates will have a better understanding of what is expected. The prize was one of the worst things about the previous series.
  • Zoltan SmithZoltan Smith Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no

back to a regular job that has no cache and they leave after 3 months please
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, Sugar does not have any decent jobs to offer and he has made his prejudices very clear so candidates can adapt. Maybe it's time for the Apprentice to move on from Sugar to another businessman/woman?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the two new interviewers.

They were personable and had a sense of humour. Especially the one who grinned when Jim thanked him for calling him a good salesman. Was he the same one who laughed at Helen's 'joke'?

I don't enjoy watching the candidates be torn to shreds over technicalities. Claude was my least favourite interviewer for that reason - the rest of them pointed out genuine concerns and observations but not in a vicious, sneering way. I mean, the most enjoyable moment was Margaret taking Jim to task over his use of clichés. She didn't butcher him over it, but the point was still made.
  • SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    The fact that Helen aced all the tasks (okay, maybe she wasn't instrumental in winning every one) but then completely fell flat on the business plan shows that the tasks are pointless when it comes to testing what is required from the candidates. It kinda breaks the show a bit.