Options

Random sound sync problem ...

AdamBruntAdamBrunt Posts: 204
Forum Member
Hi all,

Was wondering if the above is a known issue with SkyHD boxes ?

This isn't happening on particular channels (ie not the BBC HD sync issue I have read so much about it and which I haven't actually noticed) but rather .... some channels (could be either SD or HD) being out of sync one day but in sync the next.

For example, today the kids were watching iCarly on Nick (don't ask !!!) and there was a noticeable (to me but apparently not to the kids) delay in the sound which I am sure hadn't been there a couple of days ago.

I know there is a setting to set a delay but as this is not always happening for all channels I assume this wouldn't solve the problem.

Is this a known issue or I am just imagining it ?

Regards,

Adam Brunt

Comments

• Options
    tv.marktv.mark Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had two boxes with obvious lip sync errors and I returned them. Went back to an SD Sky+ box as they couldn't guarantee a third one wouldn't be exactly the same.
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    AdamBrunt wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was wondering if the above is a known issue with SkyHD boxes ?

This isn't happening on particular channels (ie not the BBC HD sync issue I have read so much about it and which I haven't actually noticed) but rather .... some channels (could be either SD or HD) being out of sync one day but in sync the next.

For example, today the kids were watching iCarly on Nick (don't ask !!!) and there was a noticeable (to me but apparently not to the kids) delay in the sound which I am sure hadn't been there a couple of days ago.

I know there is a setting to set a delay but as this is not always happening for all channels I assume this wouldn't solve the problem.

Is this a known issue or I am just imagining it ?

Regards,

Adam Brunt
    I got HD in May 06 and suffered lip sync errors on various channels from day one - I have my amp set to 80ms, this applies for all channels, SD/HD. This has cured the problem for those channels out of sync, but strangely enough hasn't affected those that were in sync.

Try a low setting first, say 20 /40, then check a handful of channels, increase if necessary.