WWE Raw SSHD4 Last Night

Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
Forum Member
Did anyone successfully record this last night?
I ask because I had a very strange scenario with it, which is quite similar to recording failures I've had before, but not for a long time.

I usually record the live feed at 0200 on Tuesday morning, but this week it failed, not for the first time, with the anonymous no-one-knows-what-it-means "Technical Fault 11".

So, I set yesterday's repeat to record instead, which was scheduled for 2200.
I was watching another recording at 2200, and noticed the box hadn't started to record. When I checked the planner, the programme had moved to 2300, presumably because something live was over-running.
Came to 2300, still no recording, and it had moved to 2345.
At 2355, I looked again as it still wasn't recording, and the programme had started and was in its first commercial break! The planner entry still said "to be recorded"!

Could I get it to record? No. I tried everything.
Deleting it from the planner and trying to manually record refused to work.
When I tuned to it and pressed the record button, the record icon appeared but the box didn't record. The info banner still said "to be recorded"!

Eventually I re-booted the box, and then it would manually go into record, but which time I'd missed a good 20 minutes of it of course.
Very annoying!
:mad:

Comments

• lesnar01lesnar01 Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Did anyone successfully record this last night?
    I ask because I had a very strange scenario with it, which is quite similar to recording failures I've had before, but not for a long time.

I usually record the live feed at 0200 on Tuesday morning, but this week it failed, not for the first time, with the anonymous no-one-knows-what-it-means "Technical Fault 11".

So, I set yesterday's repeat to record instead, which was scheduled for 2200.
    I was watching another recording at 2200, and noticed the box hadn't started to record. When I checked the planner, the programme had moved to 2300, presumably because something live was over-running.
    Came to 2300, still no recording, and it had moved to 2345.
    At 2355, I looked again as it still wasn't recording, and the programme had started and was in its first commercial break! The planner entry still said "to be recorded"!

Could I get it to record? No. I tried everything.
    Deleting it from the planner and trying to manually record refused to work.
    When I tuned to it and pressed the record button, the record icon appeared but the box didn't record. The info banner still said "to be recorded"!

Eventually I re-booted the box, and then it would manually go into record, but which time I'd missed a good 20 minutes of it of course.
    Very annoying!
    :mad:

hi dave i have had this problem and a planner rebuild fixed the problem and the problem hasnt returned since :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Can u explain how to rebuild the planner and does it delete any recordings already in the planner ?. Thanx in advance
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe-Blade wrote: »
    Can u explain how to rebuild the planner and does it delete any recordings already in the planner ?. Thanx in advance

Press services, 0, 0, 1 select, scroll to the left twice to highlight sky+ rebuild, select, select to confirm. The box will say 'housekeeping' and will go to standby when complete. It will not delete any recordings.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    lesnar01 wrote: »
    hi dave i have had this problem and a planner rebuild fixed the problem and the problem hasnt returned since :D
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I do planner rebuilds pretty regularly, so I don't think the disk file table being in a mess was the problem. In fact doing a planner rebuild is my preferred way of rebooting the box, assuming I can get into it, as it's kinder on the PSU than cycling the power off and on.
    I'm thinking that the problem was caused by the box not actually having registered that the programme had started for some reason. Whether the shifting start time was the cause i don't know. The box had successfully done several other recordings in between the two failures on Raw. Perhaps it just doesn't like WWE (understandable the way it is at the moment)!
    I wonder if I hadn't manually intercepted the problem that the second recording would also have been a "Technical Fault 11" failure.
    I guess I'll never know........
    :)