ITV Player in HD???

2»

Comments

• Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump this really old thread, Any news for ITV Player in HD? we are now in 2014 and the quality is still awful, look at BBCi player it's very good.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely thats down to ITV, not Sky, do they supply HD on their player elsewhere?
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely thats down to ITV, not Sky, do they supply HD on their player elsewhere?

ITV don't provide any HD content on any flavour of ITV player and apparently have no plans to do so.
  • Stephen93Stephen93 Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demand 5 on the Sky platform does have HD content
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephen93 wrote: »
    Demand 5 on the Sky platform does have HD content

what relevance does that have to ITV player in HD?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    simon194 wrote: »
    ITV don't provide any HD content on any flavour of ITV player and apparently have no plans to do so.

ITV are working on a new player for Freesat freetime boxes, couldn't say whether or not HD content will be available though. I would like to think they would at least try and match BBCiPlayer in terms of quality but who knows.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    ITV are working on a new player for Freesat freetime boxes, couldn't say whether or not HD content will be available though. I would like to think they would at least try and match BBCiPlayer in terms of quality but who knows.

wouldn't have thought HD content will be made available via that new player, as they don't supply it via their existing web player.
  • simeysimey Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I've recently bought a freesat box with on demand, am very surprised that in 2015 ITV doesnt have the option to watch a hd stream. The picture quality is shocking! Even channel 5 who charge for their hd terrestrial channel manage to have a hd stream on demand.
  • the-masterthe-master Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg what ever happened to regular posters Chenks & Dansky.
    Blast from the past reviving such an old thread.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITVs catch-up content is available in HD on Sky's on demand system
  • aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the-master wrote: »
    omg what ever happened to regular posters Chenks & Dansky.
    Blast from the past reviving such an old thread.

I reckon Chenks has been reincarnated into sodafountain :D
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    I reckon Chenks has been reincarnated into sodafountain :D

If you check, you'll see we have posted at the same time, and even against each other, even i can't start an argument in a room on my own lol